Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Not a big deal for me either, RDR2 will be awesome for a loooong time and then it's Cyberpunk time.

serbicu likes this.
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Loved the first one play it threw begin to end dozens of times. Still have Game disc and maunal/lore book. wasnt really into 2nd one but that probably do to how buggy it was.

https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption
    only place I know that has digitally I thinking of getting it digitally alone with 2nd one again simply cause I dont want to hook up my optical drive. to install them games

I got Vamypr thinking it would be like the vampire games but it wasnt, so i kind stopped playing once I got to hospital.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Good.
    I would rather they delay it, and do their best to make it a better game.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm disappointed. Sure they try to make it a better game, still... :(

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    You know, Vampyr is really not that bad. I‘ve got it with gamepass, and been playing it for the last week or so, and it really grew on me. Sure, it has a lot of issues and inconsistencies, but still great story, atmosphere, good gameplay mechanics, and amazing , really amazing music.
    You should really give it another try :)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    That's a bit saddening, but if it helps make the game better and let's them iron out the bugs, then I'm okay with it.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, I bought and played Vampyr as well, I had the overall impression that it was not flawless (although honestly I didn't see many issues). It was not the greatest vampire game of all times, and felt a bit anachornistic in terms of game design, the feel to playing it, BUT as it did nothing exceptionally good, I also thought it did nothing exceptionally bad, and was well worth the time playing it. I can only agree, if you got it in gamepass or something like that, it's always worth a look, as well as during sales.

It's not an innovative game, but what it does, it does pretty good imho.

And one thing that brightened my mood: Yes BL2 is delayed and all... but at least they're not moving to EGS.
    And one might have time to play BL1 again in the meantime :D

serbicu likes this.
  8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    if the game will be as good as the first Vampire in its general quality.. it will be amazing.

i can name very few games that were unique in their own way, and Bloodlines is among them.
    i can also name even less games that had so many bugs on release and they are a masterpiece.

so yeah.. i guess delaying it to make it better is fine.

9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit disappointed with the delay. But we've been waiting for a sequel since 2004, so a few more months won't make a difference in the end.

The delay might even help the game, since the planned release date was very close to Cyberpunk 2077.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    From what i saw game looked slow and boring. Im glad they have little more time to do this right.

DocStrangelove likes this.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Isn't this supposed to be an RPG? Of course it's gonna be slow.

Embra likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oh it not bad and it kind fills the void "vampire" series left, my problem was i went into think it be like the vampire games and i was disappoint. i happy i got it on the pc and not ps4. my only issue with pc verison like with many other pc versions of games is the gamepade i have is utter crap in wireless range and how laggy it gets, forget about how shitty the analog sticks are and the fact the squeak with months time and only get worse I really wish logitech would discontinue there F710 and make gamepad to replace it that isnt crap in range and how laggy it gets

If i could find "pc" gamepade that look like F710 or well DS3 controllers that were wireless that were x-input and d-input I would threw that f710 out, seeing have 4 of the cause the all bee replaced for same issues

yes and no just cause it RPG dont mean it will be slow or boring it just has be done right

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Possibly.
    The problem is the footage they showed... looked, empty. bare...

Not "slow" but just a bit hollow.
    Now, everything they showed did say it was an Alpha build... but, I had serious doubts they've make a March release date just judging by the footage.
    I'm glad they delayed it. The game needs more time, and I want it to be great.

Besides... we got DOOM Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077 in March and April, plenty to play in the meantime.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I play with the elite controller on PC and never had any lag problems in any games.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if your talking about Xbox controllers, I dont like them I hate the placement of the left analog stick.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Really? the positioning is kind of perfect in my opinion... the Xbox One S and new revision Xbox One Elite 2 controllers have built in Bluetooth and from my experience with the S model it feels no different than it being plugged in... although with the analogue positioning it's more of a preference I guess.

I kinda wish there was an Xbox One controller made from the same see-through green plastic as the original special edition Halo xbox.... I would buy that in a heartbeat xD

I had the F310, which I'm guessing is basically the cable only version of the F710, if you go looking for a new controller do not get a PowerA controller they are cheap for a reason, I got one for Christmas, it lasted one and a half months, it was never dropped, only used for a few hours in that time, both analog sticks malfunctioned, the right stick went squeaky and stopped registering the directions you press it correctly, and the right didn't register pressing it forward.

A while back I asked the Google Stadia twitter account if the Stadia controller can be used as a normal Xinput controller on PC and they replied that it will be able to, so perhaps look into that once it's released, the layout of the analog is similar to the PlayStation controller.

I've also seen a custom PlayStation 4 style controller which you can switch the analog stick placements.... I forget what it's called though.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    anyone try the razer ps4 controller? looked a bit weird to me with the 6 buttons plus ps4 stuff.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Are you people playing a console or a pc? I played original with a mouse and kb and this one too like its meant to be played.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    personal pref and comfort?

like i got bean bag seat that i love and is nice and comfy and my wired ps4 controller reaches np as long as i move my seat out. i can lounge and play any number of 3rd person games like ass creed or sports titles batman games are way better with controller vs kb play and if it fps? yea i will not use that controller but to drive or fly in some games so even in fps it can be nice to have it handy.

like currently because i have a stylus and pen hooked up i have no desire to touch ass creed and have to sit in my chair with my kb and mouse while i explore around and do random stuff i rather be lazy and comfortable ;p. i have to unhook that to use the cable to get my ps4 controller plugged in and its been not worth it since i playing fps atm.

yes i lazy but i also been using that pen for art stuff.

Undying likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    PC games, although I can't play driving games with keyboard and mouse, it just feels wrong *shrugs*

Since getting a proper controller earlier this year I've been trying to get better at fps games using the controller, although I find it pretty hard xD

fantaskarsef, Undying and cerebus23 like this.