Cherry introduces STREAM keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Cherry introduces the new STREAM keyboard, the perfect workhorse for professional work environments. With the many satisfied users of the original STREAM in mind, Cherry has upgraded the keyboard wi...

Cherry introduces STREAM keyboard

2. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    As a scissor switch fan I approve of this, might be just the thing once my aging Logitech Ultra X Premium finally packs it in. :)

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Get yourself a Topre if you like rubber domes so much.

rl66 likes this.
  4. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I admit I've never used one but I see little point in replacing a dome switch with a mechanical one that tries to emulate it, since everything traditionally associated with mechanical switches tends to be things I dislike. (Ie. the feel, the travel, the noise, the price.)

Luckily my current keyboard is still fine, and while the keyboard market is distinctly slanted towards mechanical (at least as far as what's marketed towards the enthusiast demographic goes) it's not like it's difficult to pick up dome switch keyboard. Cherry just happens to make quite good ones. :)

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Topre are electrostatic capacitive non-contact keyboard switches with a dome at its base. Do you research first before you write something as ignorant as that.

rl66 likes this.
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It's not really rubber and not really mecanical at the same time...
    Sadly it tend to be rare on keyboard, i love those, very confortable with almost the feel of mecanical keyboard and not so noisy as a mecanical.
    i would love an ISO HHKB, but i can't import one.

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    HKKB is overhyped trash. Low-quality materials, light, and wobbly base. Low-quality thin caps. Loud as hell when stock. No internal sound dampening what so ever.
    Stay away from it.

If you want a solid Topre experience, either get a Realforce or my suggestion will be - Leopold FC660c.
    Incredibly well built, solid PBT double-shot keycaps, internal sound dampening foam, quite heavy for its size and a very nice 65% layout.

Lube the slider (use Tribosys), add topre silencing rings to silence the upstroke (dome already silences the downstroke) and put some cloth mat or simple towel below your keybaord.

Silent and nice typing experience is guaranteed.

I'm using Topre Type Heaven at work, but it's heavily modded (BKE domes + custom PBT keycaps + custom slider (to convert topre slider into CherryMX compatible + silencing rings + internal foam + lots of lube) . Back in the day when I got it, FC660c (man I want that) wasn't even out.

rl66 likes this.
  8. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Use your spell check before you write something as rude as that.[​IMG]

rl66 likes this.
  9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Not my native language, deal with it. Or are you one of those entitled unique snowflakes?

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I can help you with your language problem
    http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Rude

NewTRUMP Order likes this.

11. jose2016

jose2016 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 580 8gb
    Can someone recommend a silent keyboard?
    Sometimes I get to work at home at night.
    And if you know of a mouse with USB cable, I would think it would be fantastic.
    Now I have a logitech k120 keyboard and logitech rx250 mouse.
    Greetings.

12. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It wasn't what i remember from my HKKB i had long ago... for Leopold, the brand is persona non grata in here and don't even deliver anything.
    But we have Varmilo that produce equivalent (as 3rd party maker for Leopold product in the past) but only in cherry MX switch range sadly but with same customisable keycaps.

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    The non-mecanical Cherry are quiet silent and stay that way for long years compared to logitech that do some plastic whining after some time, the brand have huge experience in administrative service and OEM, for the mouse they produce don't expect better than normal mouse.
    OR you get the habit to type with silent MX (with silicone ring or not depending of your skill) and don't let your finger make keycaps hit the shield or PCB with a mecanical keyboard :)

14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    How come they don't deliver to france. Look at:
    https://mykeyboard.eu/
    https://candykeys.com/
    https://kbdfans.com/

All deliver across EU.

15. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Then be rude in your native language and represent your heritage in ignorance.[​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    #care

Based on your example? Learn to speak more than one language, then open your mouth. Welcome to my ignore list.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Bye.

18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i AM french... but in am in Andorra (and so not part of EU but using Euro and also special tax in a very good way for resident ;) )
    the co-prince is french president but we don't speak french, and have strict custom at the frontier with EU (Spain and France)
    But we can use service from both as we were from those country in some case, or our local too.
    Lot of strange things for non residents... :)