NVIDIA creates a gaming studio to remaster classic PC games -

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    so if they end up doing ray tracing for the Original Crysis and Crysis 2, i would upgrade to an RTX card in a heart beat.

2. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    For me, tomb raider 3.

AntiSnipe and airbud7 like this.
  3. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Hopefully Ampere puts an end to $1200 graphics cards.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So you think that putting more work and re-releasing a game with costs associated with it and content that is brand new for money is messed up?

That's pretty sad.

5. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I would like the old games to be remastered with updated engine and gfx instead of just ray tracing being added. If the end result is like Quake 2 then i would call this pretty bad performance for not much gain in overall gfx quality. It's crazy the price of the machine you need to run Quake 2 RTX with an acceptable fps. I would not call what they want to do remaster but more like what they did to the old Star Wars movies.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Its funny.. I wonder what the age group is in this forum? It isn't just nostalgia , those were great imaginative games.. There are very few games today that have any character or hold your attention more that 5 hrs. They used to tack on multiplayer onto the single player content. They they figured they could make it easier to neuter the single player experience and get lazy and just go for multiplayer.. He I know what we need.. Another cut and paste COD or Battlefield. There is nothing new anymore.. EA,Ubisoft ect.. will just shut them down.. What happened to bioware,westwood studios, Hell, all the studios that made great games? The graphics in todays games are better, but the gameplay sucks!

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    to remaster old games or just stick Ray tracing in them and leave the rest of the game alone?

Deus Ex remaster would be pretty sweet, but if all there gonna do is add ray tracing to games I will just stick to original games and there mods. Deus Ex hold up great if you use the revision mod which most textures to HD quality give OpenGL and I think DX 11 support

8. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    this is the main problem with rtx tho, its 2019, i dont want to play my games at 60 fps, i want 144-165 fps in 2k, so ill stick with no rtx and my 1080ti for now

MonstroMart likes this.
  9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Red Alert 2 with RTX please :D

10. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    This is great news! Thank you Hilbert for posting this article.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I settle just for RR2 be remaster 2020 sprites/voxel graphics forget about the RTX

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    In your Control video the only time a 2060 wtih RTX hit 60fps is when you were standing still in less intensive areas with no action on the screen. From 16:50 - 17:10 you're only getting 30fps. Same in your Metro video. No action on the screen and most of the time the sky was the main thing on the screen.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  13. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    If you don't already own the game and they want to sell it to you for whatever amount, that's one thing. But I already own a large amount of old games, so I think I would be entitled to a free upgrade, especially since this is really about encouraging adoption of their latest and greatest graphics cards. I bought Quake II at full retail price when it came out. I'm not going to pay nVidia $5 because they tacked on some special effects so they could sell more cards.

MonstroMart likes this.
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    So we should care about Ray Tracing in them oldies just so that Nvidia can sell more of their crappy cards?

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There are many great games from past that had much better game mechanics than new games. All they need is visual overhaul worthy 2020.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It was a line from a book.

17. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    How
    How are they crappy ? I mean crap they smash the competition.

18. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You people really don't know whats going on with the world and component pricing do you?

20. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Maybe in three or four generations from now the graphics department might be up to snuff with a card performing well at the $500 price point. That and the inclusion of rtx type support of some sort as well.

Just bought me a 5700xt red devil for less than $420!!! WTF would I spend over EIGHT HUNDRED MORE to get ray tracing and 25+ more fps?!?!?!?!