Can I get some help with utilities for 4k gaming?

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Pigchild, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Yes, I know my account here shows a lot of activity on this forum and I should not be asking dumb questions like the following, but keep in mind I'm a 49 year old gamer and PC builder. (I've been out of the PC mod tech loop for 12 years and i've forgotten more than most of you all currently know these days.)

I'm having some issues with tweeks and mods I need to properly tweek my new RTX 2080 Super GPU so that I can get it optimized properly with my ASUS 28" 4K TN gaming monitor. Therfore I have some questions if anyone can take the time to send me links for utilities that will help me. (Please keep it dumb for me because if it's too complex I will get lost.)

First: Since when do they send a new GPU card without a Utility and driver disk? Of course I downloaded the current drivers online, but many here have spoken about some key utilities. Some of which I found, but frustrating because everything these days is in Zip file that I can not find a program to open them with. (At least not an unzip program that is free of add on advertisment junk I don't want.) My FPS on high settings at 2160 res are great, BUT... I can not get this monitors color, contrast and brightness set properly. Things appear too light and a bit washed out. Not the crisp and colorfull pop I want. I'm having to use the buttons on monitor pannel to adjust which is a pain. Is there a monitor utility or a utility with RTX 2060 that I can use to easily tweek my monitor settings? (I tried to get the MSI afterburner download, but Nvidia in stupidity has it in Zip file that I can not extract to run.) Please send me links to everything I need to get some control options with this RTX card in relation to the 4k monitor.
    Thanks.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Nice way to ask for help,insult the very people your asking for help ,in the first sentence.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    utilities and drivers are available online, and this is no longer a time when gaming pc's should be considered to be on dialup.

"nvidia" doesn't serve MSI Afterburner, thats a download available on this site, or from msi itself.

4. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Insult? How is that? Maybe your just overly sensitive. (I understand because my girlfriend is often overly sensitive.)

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    best to set you monitor to the way you want or a close as possible with the monitors own settings, to many issue rise from doing from with in windows like not be saved or working in fullscreen games. color profiles and setting arnt some working like they should on windows and less so on nvidia, which why some 3rd parties programes have been made that all need to running in back ground to work last i checked.

Which why I do that all via the monitor

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    How sweet,well at least I did not call you stupid.

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    There's no tools other than the driver and geforce experience made by nvidia. Most tools that used to be shipped on a disc were discontinued because their functionality was either put into the driver, or the OS can do it without needing some special tool anymore. Also, almost nobody owns disc drives these days. I haven't seen a PC with an optical drive for ages. And the driver on the disc would be outdated anyway.

What kind of tool do you think you need? What are you trying to do?

9. MSI afterburner is the only ultility i have found necessary for quite some time now (as far as video is concerned)

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Hi did not. He wrote that he forgot all of the stuff he knew, and that we currently know stuff. He just phrased it a bit awkward. Difference is in perception - you choose to be offended, rest of gurus choose to smirk on that sentence or completely ignore.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Do not forget about NVIDIA Profile Inspector
    https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    no where in what I read did i see him call us stupid.