Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be under there yes but the driver is also working just fine for many other users including Polaris, Vega and also the Navi cards and variants of these from stock to custom designs so again it's not a guaranteed problem everyone hits.
    Hardware video playback, little black screen issues and just idling could generate a new one and then there's the outright WERFault.exe reports and those who hit random reboots likely got a blue screen but with the system settings enabled for rebooting automatically.

Curious what is causing it though but so far nothing for 19.7.5 so something at least for this driver is much more stable but what then might that be.

EDIT: Error 141 so random driver issue but where and why.

EDIT: There's a collection here as well though that's just a few searches to check how common problems like this is and while it improved in software also see about further reducing the chance of it being a hardware fault even if it can't be ruled out entirely. :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cxy1lv/amd_bsod_rx5700xt/

EDIT: And then there are the known issues around hardware acceleration but AMD then fixed many of these in the newer driver sets already plus stuff like hibernation or sleep and fast boot as a ongoing so-so functional feature and sometimes prone to bugging out and the AMD 570 motherboards and PCI Express 4.0 compatibility which I think bios updates to these helped smooth out a bit.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. Sneakybob

Sneakybob Member

GPU:
    Asus RX480
    Tried this driver with my 480, resulted in main monitor flickering and lost RIS. gone back to 19.9.2

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Did you clean install using ddu? Ris is there for the 580 and didnt notice any flickering on my main or secondary monitor.

4. Sneakybob

Sneakybob Member

GPU:
    Asus RX480
    Yeah, I always use DDU In safe mode. Horrible constant flicker on main monitor, the Ris issue may have been down to me not looking properly, the switch for it certainly wasn't on the display settings

5. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ^^
    Yes the DDU is surely our inseparable companion :)

Jackalito, Hypernaut and olymind1 like this.
  6. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    This driver fixes the Polaris performance regressions that started around 19.6.3/19.7.1 drivers. It can be seen by paying attention to the "Parallax" Userbenchmark fps: 19.6.2, 19.7.1, 19.10.1 (if you are wondering why 3.7ghz it's because the fan died on my 212evo and it's running passively). It wasn't the biggest regression and mostly only affected older games but it's still nice to see it fixed. Also Radeon Settings app is no longer laggy when dragging the window around.

Adiurd and AlleyViper like this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    380 is finewine, plays everything!

But yeah, an upgrade probably will be 5500 ;)

Undying likes this.
  8. qiub

qiub New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2060s
    Hi,
    After instaling this driver or previous or older i see snowing on screen, newest windows 10x64 build and just bought sapphire pulse 5700.
    There is no snowing after restart with driver 19.9.2. when there is no driver instaled display is ok also but only 64hz. Anyone have similar problem? How can i solve this? :/ Im thinking about returning this card ...

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I love my 380 too! <3 But recently because i was unable to get 3900x so for price difference (i ended up with 3800x) and few more pennies which will return to me by selling 380, i decided to get 580, to be specific: sapphire nitro + variant. I was thinking about asrock gaming x or powercolor red devil variants but i went safer way and chose variant a bit more expensive (about 25eur more) with a good cooler. Your 5500 will be awesome, especially if it will have performance of 580/590 at the same price as these cards.

If anyone cares here are my timespy scores, first one is with stock clocks, the other one with nicely clocked gpu and vram. With oc i was aiming to keep stable 590 nitro+ boost clocks but unfortunately i was unable to pull it off. Scores:
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/8834125
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/8834670

Possibly i will make a video comparing r9 380 and 580 and upload it next week. I just need to think of proper set of games for that.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  10. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    Im also rocking a 380x <3

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Is there any noticeable advantage to this driver over 19.9.3 for RX5700? I, quite literally, just updated to 19.9.3 the day before this driver was released and I've noticed no issues so far.....

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So, wait for WHQL then Install.
    Im on 19.9.3 also & waiting for 10.1 WHQL (week or two).

...STOP....

13. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    10.1 will be anything special?

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    As always can be Faster than the last one :p
    And Less V cuz' WHQL.

15. colorfuel

colorfuel Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    I can confirm the same issues on my Vega 64 ( #20 ), solved only by reverting to 19.5.2. Error 141 is a general description.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    How is this unrealistic?
    DXR is a thing and we already had a demo of raytracing running on a Vega 56 from Crytek.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Do not expect anything viable. Nvidia have both faster gpus and dedicated RT cores, still the performance hit is undeniable. If AMD wants to offer preliminary support as "slideshow gaming", it is not bad, but not something impressive also.

Do not eat the half truth. Vega pushed 1080p 30fps raytracing ONLY. Crytek clarified that RTX series with the dedicated hardware pushed up to 4k 60fps. We are talking about different universe of quality and performance. Not even close.!

20. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Links?