Samsung 4k monitor with dead pixel

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by testcy, Aug 28, 2019.

1. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    I just noticed that my recently bought Samsung 4k monitor has what appears to be at least one dead (black) pixel. I have been advised that I need to return the monitor in order for the problem to be evaluated, but did anyone here have a similar experience? When does Samsung replace a monitor with dead pixels under warranty?

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    There are apps that sometimes unlock a seized pixel. Otherwise RMA it for replacement.

3. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    According to service the dead pixels are within Samsung's specification and the monitor cannot be replaced.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Well that sucks. I know Asus has a Zero Dead Pixel policy. I suggest you escalate your RMA request to a manager or higher tier.

5. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    I insisted, but I was told that the monitor could only be replaced if the number of dead pixels increases within the warranty period!

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    AFAIK, Samsung doesn't have a zero dead pixel period for DOA (dead on arrival) dead pixels. Some other vendors do (like ViewSonic: https://www.viewsonic.com/au/support/warranty/), and they will replace the monitor if it arrives with dead pixels, or if a dead pixel appears withing 30 days (or so, can vary by country.)

Since Samsung doesn't offer that, it seems you're stuck with it, unless the store itself you bought from is willing to replace it.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Bring it back to retail store you got it most will replace it. I brought back 5 TCL tv's back to bestbuy before I got one with NO dead pixels I Actual made them open 5 55inch 4K tv before I found one with DEAD pixles, if I went threw TCL they would of denied a replacement cause that say 4k tv's it "normal" to have up to 16 dead pixels anymore and they would replace it. last I looked and when I read that on there site I was facepalming my self. 16 dead pixels are fine and normal? I get there budget panels/tv but dead pixels are not fine no mater the manufacture

I think they are snake oil myths I never seen those work. maybe it works when pixel first get stuck and it done, but usual once its dead it permanently like that cause in my experience the stuff never worked for me.

I tried the gentle rubbing of pixel massage it back like and all the other thing like the apps with flash screen and patterns that are said to "work" but none them ever did for me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  8. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    I did return it to the retail store and after they test it they then sent it to Samsung. The store won't replace it unless Samsung says so (and send them a replacement monitor)!

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well that suck i assuming it not store like best by then. I owned a Samsung monitor once, but I had Samsung tv for as long as i can remember, before i got this TCL never had problem with dead pixels with there stuff, then again that monitor was 1600x1200 or something like that it wasnt 1080p i know that, and tv i had were 1080p, 4k and 8k panels are gona increase the likely hood of dead pixels and the cut off on what is and isnt acceptable for that stuff is just gona raise. personal I wont have it, IF they wont replace the monitor/tv with dead pixels they will refund me my money. atlest the retail store I get them from will.

Samsung support and is pain though, I had one of the tv just go haywire on me, Had to argue with samsung to send tech out cause I was under warrenty, and the tech that came out made things worse. to fix the initial problem they replace the panel, in replacing the panel the guy screw up the board, and the new panel starting scrambling, they guy then replace the board and broke hdmi connections on new board in process and panel was still randomly scrambling, he then replace the board and panel and it still happening. this point I 2 months with semi working tv. The tech guy says it cant be fix and he will see about have it replaced month and half later the guy came back with new tv, by that point I had already went out got another Samsung tv. this was really only time I had to deal with Samsung support, so i dont really know how bad they really are

10. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    I owned another three monitors from Samsung and none was trouble free and their service never really helped. I promised myself not to buy from them again, but I was tempted by an offer. I guess I learned my lesson this time.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dead/stuck pixels are another reason why I dont like LCD/LED panels among other reasons. I can under stand dead/stuck pixels over time and life of panel, but not straight out of the box, personal if you gonna by LCD/LED buy it from retail shop you know will just replace it no questioned ask.

1 Dead pixel is 1 to many, I rather have horrid black uniformity then 1 dead/stuck pixel. which is exactly what I got after I returned and replace the TCL 4k TV till I got one with no dead pixels.