Windows 10 - Insider 18995 + latest nvidia Drivers - NETFLIX full screen dimming

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone have any issues with using opera + netflix in full screen after 2 seconds the screen dims ?
    im not using a laptop so i have no brightness settings so i have no idea why its doing this

anyone have any idea`s ?

2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I know it's not a direct answer but Netflix on Windows 10 is best with the Store app, then with Edge (or IE) and then may be Crhomium based browsers with a helper extension and then Firefox (and Chrome with no extension). (I am not sure about the current ranking of the last few but pretty sure about the first few. Oh, the 0. place is usually the built-in app on your smart TV but that's probably irrelevant here.) This includes video and sound quality (UHD resolution and HDR video compatibility and DD+ sound passthrough option), not just stability.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm getting dark or dimmed video.

If you get dark or dimmed video when you try to watch Netflix, it typically points to a setting on your device that needs to be adjusted. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.

Smart TV
    All other devices

We are currently researching this error. To help us investigate, please contact customer service.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Why even use a browser to watch netflix? the app is superior.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    No. Edge is far superior.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    The app is superior, unless you love 2 channel sound and missing out on other features like picking the source stream in the hidden menu etc.

8. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    does the app do 4k + HDR? I thought when they first announced you could stream 4k on pc it had to be very specific setup (latest win10 + kaby lake processor + microsoft edge).

9. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    The Store app has the most complete feature set on Windows (audio and video). Everything else lacks at least a little bit of something (or many more).

Although I still have stutter if I switch to fullscreen mode with 4k HDR. I have to watch those with the small black bars and title texts. :(

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Playready 3 across most of the current cards (excluding Vega) has mad the netflix 4k function fine across all vendors.

This has been fixed for several 18362 updates.

11. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I think this was present on my PC even before the 1903 update but surely persists today with 18363.418 (I am not sure when I tried using HDR in fullscreen with the Store app for the first time but it was probably early 2019 - I used the TV's Netflix app before I needed a workaround to avoid DolbyVision and use HDR10 instead).

12. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Now I have elevated blacks with HDR10 (but not with SDR). I wonder what caused this (the Netflix app got an update recently and I updated the nVidia driver manually a few days ago). Windows is on the retail ring (1909).