Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I thought RDR2 sucked. I gave it 5 hours. The game just isn't very fun. I hope the controls get improved for k&b, that would be something.

2. It is not just controls. The whole bounty system, crime reporting and reputation system are total trash. Spawning of witnesses and lawmen out of nowhere. You being wanted for defending yourself if other NPCs start shooting at you. Lawmen shooting at you for no reason or for <5 dollars bounty. Or AI bugs where you just walk the street and NPCs start accusing you for following them and starting shooting at you. Crippled minigames, especially poker, where you meet NPC that will never loose a hand. Not being able to sell weapons you looted etc... so many bugs and misguided designs.

There are few interesting side quests, like He's British Of Course or Magnifico, but there is so few of them.

mohiuddin, airbud7 and Serotonin like this.
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hopefully my PC can handle this , looking forward to wednesday when they reveal sys specs and a few screenshots. :D

4. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Great news.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So I guess the original won't be coming to pc....

"Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd"

Will I be able to get it on Steam? I hope that's what additional digital retails means.

6. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Steams release is sometime in December apparently.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

Ohh interesting, so epic threw money at another thing to push back it's release on Steam, how very out of character for them.......................................................................

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It looked amazing on Xbox One X, PC, probably even more so.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree. Very sporadic and inconsistent. I could never get passed the controls. The story never grabbed me. The missions seemed pointless and forced. I keep reading "6 hours in and the game gets awesome". No game should take that long to get good. That's like saying a movie gets really good 2 hours in. Visually it's probably one of the nicest games I've played. Just ...too much of a chore to actually play. I hope PC can fix some of the issues.

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    How exactly did they throw money at them? It's coming out on several stores, including their own launcher.
    It's likely that Rockstar knew Steam would gobble up the majority of sales and decided to use other cheaper stores for first day sales.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am just assuming based on many multiple past events from this year relating to exclusivity regarding epic launcher, my guess is if the time period is indeed a one month delay this is due to Rockstar knowing fully the amount of potential customers sitting on Steam, so they have not gone for a 1 year exclusivity deal that epic usually forces publishers into.

Solfaur and Kolt like this.
  12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    1 month exclusivity isn't a big deal. You can buy it on your chosen platform in December and still play during holidays. I'd be more annoyed if it was until next year.

Whiplashwang and Kolt like this.
  13. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    After dealing with Epic Games Store's crap the entire year, a one month delay before launching on Steam is great news. I honestly thought it wasn't coming to Steam at all.

Kolt likes this.
  14. I'm still kinda puzzled why would R* do this. It's not like R* needs money, right?

They might not be releasing on Steam to avoid potential sh*tstorm coming from early user reviews. We all know how powerful Steam can be...

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Need or want. Let's be honest most of us don't need the money we earn, but we definitely want it.

It's funny as i saw this and was like yay, then i thought about it and realised that the X1X version will no doubt be better than what i can achieve on this PC.

Edit: Saying that, CPU wise i may get the option of worse visuals than console, but better framerate, so there is that.

16. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Can't wait for this on pc

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Not sure if I'm excited, honestly the game is fantastic, in fact one of the best SP games ever...but I finished it on PS4..... Hmmmmm( also hate rockstar double dip shite)

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Will it be fun to play this time?

Seriously gorgeous game. But, a really tedious and boring game.

warlord likes this.
  19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm pretty excited about this; probably the most excited I've been since the last Elder Scrolls game. :)

I will probably get it once it's on steam since that will coincide nicely with the holiday season. Depending on what the system requirements are and once more details are out I may consider getting it sooner.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I wonder how many people will order at the bundle store since part of if is going to charity at no extra cost of the buyer.