Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.3 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Sep 30, 2019.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    RIS is a technology that came after EOL Crossfire. It won't surprise me that there are incompatibilities. If it is either a bug or misunderstanding I doubt it will change. AMD stopped approving CFX. Gpuz and radeon settings are irrelevant to driver level support and settings. CF is ditched.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.1.9 Released.

Changelog:

-Changed minimum .NET Framework minimum requirement to 4.6
    -Removal of additional Vulkan and D3D cache leftover for AMD
    -SharedDlls removal enhancements.
    -Reworked SystemRestore code.
    -misc fixes / enhancements

Download the new DDU if you guys use it.

OnnA, Jackalito, Undying and 2 others like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    That's great news.

4. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Try disabling one gpu and see if it shows up.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

You need 19.9.3 drivers for Ris on vega. Scratch that I just took a look at my 5700 xt X 2 and no RIS option either with crossfire enabled. I just disabled crossfire and RIS option is back. Gonna check into this.

JonasBeckman and Jackalito like this.
  6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Yep, when CF is disabled, RIS shows up in Radeon Setting under Display.

JonasBeckman and Jackalito like this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    CF is not supported and discontinued, you are not eligible even to ask support for something that is EOL and legacy. Time to sell your extra gpus. RIS is only one incompatibility among others.

8. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    It's ironic that with 4K and upcoming 8K, @ high refresh- and framerates, and VR, (and RTX ofcourse) a single GPU usually doesn't cut it, even with a certain overpriced piece of hardware from the competitor. And I don't think that's going to change for the better anytime soon.

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    AMD gets more money from you by buying the most expensive GPU of each generation instead of multiple instances of the most mainstream one. Welcome to maximum gains.

HK-1 likes this.
  10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    No more Crossfire sucks, and in the best of worlds upcoming games would use DX12/Vulkan multi GPU, but multiple graphics cards will probably never take off again unless it becomes a cheap checkbox to add support for. For DX11 and earlier, it was done on the driver side, and Nvidia has also stopped supporting Sli for many games, saying it's not viable anymore with modern rendering techniques. With DX12 and Vulkan, it's done on the engine side and the studios have little incentive to support it if not sponsored by AMD or Nvidia.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Embra likes this.

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well for me explicit mgpu and or crossfire is just a toy for me to tinker and play with.

Anyhow this was timespy from earlier today using DX 12 explicit multi gpu with my two 5700 XTs on driver 19.9.3 Yes there are some sensor misreadings including with 3dmark as it cannot actually see the gpus are in crossfire / explicit mgpu nor does HWinfo64 and gpu-z show the 2nd gpu clocks changing. It does pick up the clocks speeds sometimes though...but 3dmark cannot see it running 2 gpus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Embra and Jackalito like this.
  12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    So does nobody here experience black screen/system freeze with their RX 5700/XT? I have to keep using 19.7.5 driver. Any driver after that version and the PC is rendered unusable.

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Black screens happened with 19.9.2 and 19.9.2 WHQL (Well, same driver really so expected but the WHQL followed a second clean install just to be sure though for some reason that also landed me on the DCH branch funnily enough and the U*.inf stuff instead of the C*.inf install settings for this.) so far though nothing for 19.9.3 beyond some erratic performance drops due to clock speed fluctuation and the remaining known issues around D3D9, possibly some remaining issue for 75Hz refresh rates, FreeSync 2 stability concerns and whatever this stems from.
    (For the D3D11 performance drops they do last a second or so if even that so it's mostly some mild stutter and then it's gone and it's not too common at least for the titles tested thus far.)

Let's see if it's not a driver crash (Could be Wattman related it settings are adjusted above actual stable values even when idle.) then it might just be the GPU or display shutting off which while a problem can be corrected by restarting the GPU stack with the Windows hotkey for that. :)

Windows key, ctrl, shift and B or ctrl alt and B should restart it and give a little beep noise and then the signal should come back.
    DWM will likely run a WERFault.exe report on it crashing, hardware accelerated windows and software should be restarted or might have crashed or hung too but Wattman won't report a GPU driver crash as such nor will the settings default and on restarting the affected programs (DWM, Explorer and Shell Experience Host and such for the OS itself will auto restart.) it's back to regular usage.

19.7.5 is the last driver that works for others who have encountered this issue frequently though, in my own case I only got it twice before 19.9.3 came out and this resolved it both times but it was just the display going off not the entire GPU hanging or crashing forcing a hard reset which is also a problem for some of the reported issues with this. :)

Not too big of a deal remaining on a somewhat older driver until AMD fixes it but I hope it can be a priority fix for a soon to be released October driver and then this issue can also be be resolved permanently from then on.

14. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm, strange here I first used DDU for uninstall 19.9.1 after make install of this version 19.9.3(RC3) and NO issues works like a charm until now :)

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    People using Crossfire could simply use Reshade + CAS Sharpening instead of RIS.

passenger likes this.

16. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Everyone has tested this and we've seen it time and time again.

• Diminishing returns on added GPUs in Crossfire
    • Lack of scaling (some games have lower utilization which sucked)
    • Crashes and other problems

The Cons always outweighed the Pros when it came to crossfire.
    When it did work it was nice, but that was in a small margin of games.

You ended up paying more for less every time. I've always stuck to single GPUs and never looked back.

If there was more R&D I think the only way something like this could work would be a stacking implementation. If utilized correctly and you have better thermals, it might just work better than slapping two GPUs onto one board. Or what Intel had with Pentium D's which was literally like duct taping two CPUs on one die.

Even though I'm just spitballing here, there are articles out there that AMD are working on stacking in the future, so let's hope that goes better than what we've had with Crossfire.

17. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Crossfire is dead. Games are beginning to ignore it and driver support is gone already. It will just continue to give you more and more issues. If you have CF sell your cards and buy a single, modern card.

RzrTrek, Jackalito, olymind1 and 2 others like this.
  18. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I think Gears 5 doesn't quite like this driver, I'm getting freezes in cut scenes, happened on both my i7 3960X + GB VEGA64 Gaming OC as well as my R9 3900X + PC Vega64 Red Devil.

19. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Lucky you. I won't be surprised if the new year is upon us and I am still using 19.7.5.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's the downside of these random issues tracking down the root cause and fixing it and a way to reliably replicating it, I was almost curious if it was something with Display Port and older versions of the standard in particular but then with there's users with new FreeSync2 displays reporting issues as well and these should be on 1.4 so it couldn't be something like that either.

Still a lot I don't have a good grasp about for this hardware like the various sporadic clock speed drops which I also assumed was due to hardware constraints mainly RAM but also CPU not keeping up but then users on the 9900k or Zen2 variants up to the 3900X report the same which would be a top end CPU along with much faster DDR4 memory and advancements in newer motherboards keeping bottlenecks to a minimum so the same reports from here also points to something in the driver code just not something that happens constantly.
    (Same game, OS, driver and GPU and two entirely different results when comparing how the clock speeds fluctuate though the GPU's are pretty sensitive and change their boosting and downclocking speeds pretty much constantly maintaining a complex order of numerous sensors and information for what's optimal at the moment.)

19.9.3 had some things but I am hopeful for 19.10.1 and later going for bug fixes to really get this situation fixed up to what's possible in the software although realistically I know it can take between six months up to a year for some of these problems since at least the 7000 series and from there to the 200, Fury, Vega and now the Navi with a very real possibility of regressions and newer drivers making stuff worse in older hardware.

EDIT: 19.8.x bringing in Miracast and also HDCP for Navi makes me curious if it's another bug here like with before and disabling HDCP support worked around the issue but that's just a guess and might be unrelated to whatever else gets changed around in the driver from one release to another.
    (But there's plenty of users with reports on 19.7.x being the best for them in terms of functionality and stability so there is something in the later sets just not the easiest to just pinpoint to anything specific.)