Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Free to Play players should get lower queue priority. Destiny 2 is not truly F2P, people have paid for passes/expansions. They should have priority.

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That would kinda work but then you have people who have some expansions but not all, some have deluxe editions etc.It would be a mess.

The game will be popular for a while, there will be queues, after a while the hype will die down, people will quit and all will be fine.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Except there were already "free to play" players.
    The game was given away for free while it was on battle.net some time ago, and plenty of people jumped on the chance.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Always thought of destiny as a free to play game being sold as a full priced game with it's main purpose of existing being to take advantage of players with microtransactions.

I was going to try Destiny 2 when it was being given away for free on battle.net launcher but they actually wanted a mobile phone number to play the game so I asked that the account I created to try it be terminated and it was done no questions asked in a few hours.

Out of curiosity how big is the installation size now that it's on Steam? does it require a telephone number to try the game?

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    79,1GB. I guess no tel number as it was/is a battle.net thing.

KissSh0t likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Cries in GB's

[​IMG]

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Personally I'm not surprised and it feel like this is common practice with every MMO-esque game release. WoW Classic for example, I waited two days to be able to log in at all due to queues. Regarding prediction, how can you correctly estimate the number of free users? You cannot buy tons of servers "just in case", that wouldn't be good business practice. I guess they had a certain amount of servers and will now keep adding more to meet demand. I'm sure it won't be a problem to log in within the next few days.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its simple actually, you look at the list of active subscriptions and establish capacity for +30% of that.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Destiny 2 doesn't have subs afaik?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can measure it by active logins then.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    In that case that would be the reason for what happened. The active D2 logins couldn't have been that many for the past month and adding just 30% to that wouldn't cover the huge influx of F2P players.

12. I'm afraid something is broken with my D2 account after moving to Steam because I've finished Curse of Osiris, but I only had the first mission in Warmind DLC. Problem is that now I'm on 750 light, as everybody, but I don't have any campaign/story quests and I can't continue where I stopped, which was second Warming mission. Is it just me or is anyone else stuck this way? I can do side missions, strikes etc, but nothing story related.

Serotonin likes this.
  13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I have the same issue. I had missions from a dlc to do and they're gone. My character is at 750 and I'm confused as to where to start...or restart. And is there a new max limit I'm trying to get to? Like 800? Or? I like having a goal for more points, just getting gear ala Division 2 is kind of lackluster to me. That was one of my favorite things about D2, every few months they kept raising the level. But yeah, I have your issue as well.

Deleted member 164252 likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I was afraid of this. Luckily I think I've done everything quest related up to Shadowkeep. I hope to be able to start the new campaign this evening.

The new soft cap is 900 and theoretical hard cap is 960.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...-900-very-quickly-in-shadowkeep/#340ef9507e03

Serotonin likes this.
  15. Well at least I'm not alone, I hope they'll fix this...

Serotonin likes this.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Do you need the new shadowkeep dlc to level up? I purchased D2 when it first released and the first 2 dlc's...I skipped forsaken dlc, that's where I stopped playing. I've transferred my purchases from blizzard to steam. Just wondering if I need the newest dlc to have a story mode point to begin with? I'll mess with it again tonight. I didn't play much yesterday, it took forever to get in.

17. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    The layout of destiny 2 now is

If you had forsaken but not finished the story then the game would be now set as if you didn't complete any of the main campaign.

For shadowkeep, you don't need forsaken as you can jump into that of purchased. (I most definitely would recommend for story and exotics, for lore buffs there does seem to be continuation of main story arc)

Softcap is 900 with hard cap to 950, relic or can't remember the term items go to 960 max.

The artifact you pick up gives you exotic style mods, but you can level it up, each level add a +1 power level and depending on how much grind gives you infinite power like paragon levels in diablo3, although it's been said by Bungie that after 100 above recommended light yields diminished return

18. kbozz71

kbozz71 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    You have to see Amanda Holiday at the tower to open the CoO and Warmind expansion missions.
    EDIT: Shadowkeep is not needed to reach max light level.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Having a lot of fun with this. Just did Scarlet Keep which is the first strike of Shadowkeep and while it was pretty easy, I had to solo it because for some reason the matchmaking wasn't playing ball. Did it successfully and it was a pretty zen-like experience bringing down the last boss of the strike. I know a lot of people have an issue with bullet sponge mobs and bosses but I find it asks for a certain level of discipline and self control in that I really had to save my super and heavy ammo for the right times whereas on my first attempt I just unloaded on the boss and was left with nothing really to deal with the incoming adds. Also can't praise the lighting and art style enough in some areas, it really creates a brilliant atmosphere even though its not the most visually amazing title.

20. Oh you're right! This way we can replay every campaign from start. I didn't know this was possible.