Nizoral 2% and hair loss/growth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Year, Nov 7, 2011.

1. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    jason statham ftw! yep, i am a type V and at 39 my 65 year old dad has more hair than me at the front. He even has a fringe, heh. Boy them were the days. Off topic I also started going grey at 18. Fully silver / grey now.

Thanks for the info Year. That is some good news for the male gurus. I'll see if I can pick some up at Boots. Otherwise I'll shop online.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    just wanted to update, the small bald spot i had close to my forehead has completely filled with hair, looks nice and thick.

i tried the comb-to-the-side (james caviezel style) i even applied some "beewax" (BrylCreem... a little dab'll do ya, the gals will all pursue yaaaa :D) can't see my scalp anymore, looks awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F4GtyRfto

[​IMG]

i'm going to reduce the nizoral to just once a week now, the james caviezel haircut has got to be the coolest $hit ever, i think i'm gonna keep it forever, simply looks too awesome on me . yarr.

ye but your penis shrinks in the coffin [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm using this hair product called ''Regain''

It's fukcing expensive but is supposed to do a good job in regrowing your hair.

Problem with regain is that you have to use it for life, you stop using it your hair continues to fall out...

It's TINY too, comes in a 60ml bottle and you gotta buy one every month.

I paid around £30 for mine, around $50...:(

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Vidal Baboon

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Mods do you think this is AI bot who resurrects ancient threads last few days?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Hit the report button when you notice something like that please.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I will. I have done that several times discovering new pure ads threads.

Update: Right in front of Hilbert... stupid bot. :cool:

Brasky likes this.
  8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    haven't heard from OP @Year since his mama died back in 2014...Cool member...hope he's OK?

lmimmfn likes this.
  9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Neither have I, that really hit him hard, poor bloke, miss the old conversations, he was mega sound, really hope he's doing well

airbud7 likes this.
  10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If we're talking on vanished members i'd point out bigtime. last online here march 19, steam pegs him as going offline 19/3/19 for no apparent reason. Not online here nor steam since.

edit, actually, he's seems to still be recently online on steam at least now based off the fact that it's logging play time in everspace. Last time I looked he was just awol

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I have seen him on PSN. A strange fellow, but I like him.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    In regards to the actual subject of the thread, i actually just got myself some nizoral 2% - i've been on propecia since i was 20, so for 12 years now, and it worked a wonder for 10 years... it regrew the hair i had lost as a teenager, and kept my hair unchanged, until i hit 30... then my hairline started moving again, and recently i've noticed that the hair on top of my head has started to thin quite a bit... so shall be interesting to see if nizoral will be able to calm things down, and possibly even return my hair to what it was - fingers crossed !

Obviously i will still continue to use propecia - without it, i would have been long gone bald, like the rest of the men in my family.

13. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    Didn't know that my favorite Computer Tech site has this kind of thread XD Anyway from what I gather from my research down to the bowels of the internet, it seems Nizoral shampoo is the high-performance hair loss/growing product - even though it's an "anti-dandruff" shampoo. I'll be grabbing some Biotin Extreme or Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails softgel capsules as an added measure - since lately I don't have the time to prepare a well balanced meal due to work hard / Play PC games hard routine. :D

I'm on Level 30 btw. XD

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Finansteride is the best anti hairloss product, but alot of guys are unwilling to take it, due to the potential side effects - i haven't experienced any side effects for the many years i have taken it though. But even finansteride can't keep my hairloss in check anymore after 12 years of usage, so i will be trying nizoral and regain forte aswell now :)

RyuzakiL likes this.
  15. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    This product must not get sold in Germany because of its side effects and we had a big legal case going on because of that.

Does Nizoral help against hair loss of women as well? Any experiences?

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The side effects of finasteride are hugely exaggerated... obviously, when you take a product that lowers part of the testosterone (DHT) in the blood, it is going to have some effects... but those bad side effects that are spread across the web only occurs if your testosterone levels are already low BEFORE you start taking finasteride.

I have been taking it for 12 years, with no serious side effects - i've had a slight reduction in sex drive, which was honestly for the better, as it gave less of a missmatch between my sexdrive and of my girlfriends xD

Theoretically it should - it is still DHT which causes the hairloss in women, and Ketoconazol (which is the active ingredient in Nizoral) is a DHT blocker.

airbud7 and 386SX like this.
  17. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    airbud7 likes this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You are welcome - remember that you must continuously use DHT blocking products for at least 6 months for effects to be seen, and that stopping at any point will prompt the hairloss to start again, meaning that you will need to continue using it for the rest of your life.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  19. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    It's for my wife. That's why I asked. :)

So fingers crossed ... X

airbud7 likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Your wife would likely be better off using minoxidil :)