Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The vid that you referenced is of the 64 player map, so it seems a little stupid to reference it, if you were listing small map performance.

And keep telling yourself that there is only a small difference between a 1080 and a 1080 ti... all tests ever done show a 30-40% performance gap.

2. What a reddit-worthy post.

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sure.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    ... and you're saying this after playing Battlefield for years? If there's one thing I know Battlefield for it's "camping fest", really. After that it'd be "imbalance", I guess.

I think this new game is a great basis. Some stuff is done exceptionally well, like gun control, movement and map detail. Balance and network performance seem to be very good also.
    Graphics have great detail (check the facial animation when a map starts), but the AA and performance level still require a lot of work.

I'm hoping for a good hardcore mode without all the chatter and stuff cluttering up the screen. I tried the "realism" mode and that was quite interesting, even though it seemed to have regular TTK still.

5. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    The game runs just fine maxed out in ground war 1440 + 130% scaling... I don't know what the problem is?

Shataan likes this.
  6. I haven't bothered with the beta for this, but i play original cod4 almost daily. How does it stack up?

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I was thinking of this earlier while playing, but the lack of destruction doesn't hit me at all, making me realise they might even have been tone down from bf1 to bf5.

If you take a map like rotterdam:
    Bridges - Point B first floor corners - Point D first floor stairs facing B - 4 walls around C - Wagons - Windows across level.

The rest is reinforcements, which in the end makes for the most of it.
    Destruction might not have been tone down in the end, but replaced by reinforcements.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Running the game with everything set to low in graphics settings, except for textures which are on high, and SMAA1X (it gives best results without blurring the screen too much like filmic SMAA) all at 1440p and getting locked 120fps in normal TDM, DOM, ETC and around 80-120fps in ground war. It does drop to around 50fps but only when respawning and the camera moves in from an aerial view to your spawn position.

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I am missing just 1 thing so far tbh. Join in progress. Really wish we could join a friend by clicking on their name, and hit Join. aarrgghh Otherwise, really digging it. ;p It`s all good.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    ramthegamer likes this.
  10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Lack of destruction really makes it a poor man s battlefield game, but we already know cod was always with lack of destruction to its world or maps anw, it s the kill streaks fun that we look after and the gunplay feels really rewarding

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Do we have the same hardware? No? Then your point is pretty moot...

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Destruction has been toned down in Battlefield also. They removed it after the beta in BF3, levolution got replaced by light weather changes now.

Honestly, I prefer a nicely done map to all that crap. Even in BF V, I’ve had so many instances where I shot someone, only to find out that some rubble had messed up hitboxes and blocked my shots.

13. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    battle.net? I'm ok thanks.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    why does everyone have a problem with battle.net lol. it s just an app which u are required to install to play the game, why the fuss?

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Technically, you can really feel it's beta. Noticed some missing textures, some weird reflections, stutters when spawning, very blurry AA (all except one).

16. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Liked the PC version more, graphics still felt quite blurry though for some reason?
    Only map I enjoyed was the Hackney one because it's the only one that had flow like a CoD map, the rest was BF-lite.

Gun customisation is fine, I like how it changes how each gun feels but some are just clearly better than others (MP5K or whatever SMG is OP as hell).

Didn't notice anything sketchy with the hitreg, it's just more the maps leaning towards more stationary play than previous CoD games that spoils my enjoyment the most. Too much clutter everywhere in the other maps and headglitching spots.

Also, I find it quite funny how loud the doors are as you walk past them.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Because people be like MUH STEAM GABEN. But I agree with you, it's just a launcher.

Also didn't get a chance to play it, who wants to give me a run down of the beta?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    On top of battle.net you also need activision account ..., I totally forgot I had one from idk what game xD

I did that, but I still see Dof in the main menu and on the gun, or is that just for Fps view?

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    gunplay feels great
    animations are superb
    maps are ok, some of them camp fests
    2v2 gunfight mode best of bunch
    to me, this is a great cod entry, i hope the sp will be good

Shataan and vbetts like this.
  20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Set the config to read only after see if that does it.