Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah the video can be stupid if your a fanboy that just shut's down when something that you do not agree with is addressed.To be honest 99% of people playing games would not be able to tell the difference RTX on/off ,hell i can not even tell in this game unless there is a mirror reflection somewhere.
    I still liked the video.I still like RTX,I still bought 4xRTX 2080 and will be buying more RTX in the future.

The game has become enjoyable with the latest patch.I can actually play without be distracted by the terrible graphics noise when standing still ,although when moving the the noise returns some and textures get blurry,even LOD on textures not loading in until your on top of them.

For still screen though,looks good ,check out the ass,oh i mean the pant detail.Do not look to long because the game will set the blur back in after 10-15 seconds and all detail will be lost.
    https://i.**********/ncxPNy3B/Control-Screenshot-2019-09-15-18-57-10-81.jpg

warlord and Mufflore like this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You need at least 8*2080 rtx to make that azz realistic, because there is not enough power or curves. o_O:p:D

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL it is terrible.No Lara Croft ,f I can not speel.spelt croft girls name wrong.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ok so this is the exact place and take a look at my image. This is DX12, High settings with radeon image sharpening. You dont loose detail when you look at this ass. :D

https://i.**********/PJZjPSqT/Untitled2.png

warlord likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is great, but not perfect. Still no tessellation for what's inside the pants. :p SJWs won the flat vs curved war. :(

Undying likes this.
  6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Yeah I'm a fanboy when I call out someone contradicting themselves multiple times in their own video... But please continue to try to convince us all that we don't notice RTX for your own self-satisfaction... LOL

7. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Idk why people get so bent out of shape about ray tracing. It's a necessary stepping stone in graphical advancements, the more games that have it the better, even if you can't use it at the framerates you'd like currently.

I don't really understand how anyone could see it as a gimmick, that's like saying real time shadows/lighting are a gimmick over prebaked. It's just better, performance may not be there just yet but that's all there is to it.

Even if I couldn't use it currently, I would personally want to see it implemented in all games that could benefit moving forward, because I like my graphics to look pretty.

Kolt likes this.
  8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Thats all this forum is now. You can't mention rtx without the anti rtx crowd coming down on you.

If you bought a RTX gpu and enjoy it you should feel bad apparently.. I bought my 2080ti because I wanted to change from 1080ti sli.
    The general fps increase is what I bought it for but all these rtx features are nice little additions, A nice bit of icing on the cake.

Its cool new tech to play with that isnt forced on anyone but its always those that don't have it/like it that are the vocal crowd.

I must have missed the part when a tech enthusiast forum became so negative toward new stuff.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

insp1re2600 and Kolt like this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dont tech people always jump to the newest stuff regardless?

if you can afford it and that is what excites you gg. takes a ton of $$$ to have the latest and greatest tech, and some jealousy angle i bet there in some of the hate.

But RTX is far more hype than substance for most and the framerates are not ideal, makes for great screens in some situations and on others it looks iffy? fake ray trace stuff, and stuff you could already do via cube maps and etc since what quake 2?

What do we want as far as displays go? what about vr? ray tracing for vr in what 30 years?

or do we want 20k plasma screens?

resolution or vr or better textures and more polys.

i think the industry is not even sure where things are going hence some floundering with over hyping the viability of this tech.

in my opinion at lest.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I am all for raytracing and im wishing we would all see it in our games soon. There are 7 RTX cards and only 1 or 2 are capable showing the effect without severe performance issues, thats the problem. All three users above me deffending the techonology have 1300$ card. Thats luxury guys.

11. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Not really sure what that has to do with the discussion, just because you own something it doesn't mean you have to defend it, but it's silly to not be excited about graphical advancements.

Kolt likes this.
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It's not luxury, it's just bragging for nothing. Sure all RTX 2080ti/Titan RTX owners are poor in comparison to the boss J.Huang. That should make them wonder about their lives. That tech at that price point is useless. Imagine 3080ti costing again 1200-1500$. PC 10 years ago could be built around 2500$~3000$, now you need 3500-4500$. All in all, people with minimal in life needs, gave the opinion to shareholders, that there is money floating around. The problem is, there isn't. Minority damages the majority. They prefer to sell 1000 RTX at 1500$ than 2000 RTX at 1000$. Enjoy your matrix.

13. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Yeah we all just buy 2080Ti's so we can tell people we have them.
    Personally I haven't even installed mine, I feel the glow of self satisfaction that radiates from me from just owning one lights all my games as realistically as I need.

Party Poison and Kolt like this.
  14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I have no regrets with my 2080. I use RTX when and where I can, and I turn it off if it hinders the game play (like BF5 for example). What exactly is the problem here?

It absolutely does make the game look better. In Metro Exodus it was absolutely incredible how nicely it would change most environments. Anyone chasing realism (and potentially better atmosphere) in their games should be all for this advancement.

I'm kind of going a little off path here, but I do wish the industry would look more into making AI better in games and also improving textures as well as pushing for ray/path tracing. Ray tracing seems to be all everyone is talking about.. It looks amazing and all, but it falls flat when it's on a bland texture and you definitely still lose your immersion when the AI is running into a wall or behaves awkwardly/too predictable. New console generation pushing to have dedicated ray tracing cores may come at the cost of less power towards the CPU and other things. I'm clearly just speculating, but we all know the diminishing returns of a console and that they usually need to keep them at a specific price range. Dedicated ray tracing cores are probably not cheap, AMD or not. This has implications on PC games as well obviously, as developers most likely won't invest in making the AI stronger for just PC if consoles are still limited in that regard.

Here's hoping that I'm wrong. I just really want better AI in games (or at least better scripting/path-making).

Also, my 2080 didn't cost me $1300. No one is bragging here. We just love tech and gaming :p

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Yea exactly, my gpu was £950 when I got it. No one is bragging, people are just pissed off at getting crap on for owning a 2080ti.

I don't use it if i need a high fps for multiplayer but all single player stuff its on.

I thought the whole point of pc building and gaming was to go above what we need.
    We don't need watercooling and 4k hdr, But its fun thats the whole point.

its the same people that would crap on someone for buying a Ferrari or Lamborghini

Kolt likes this.

16. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Happy with my lowly lil RTX 2070 Super. It runs RTX titles pretty well. Although I am still on 1080p, need that 27" 1440p upgrade ;)

17. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    The thing is.....2080ti price are taking the whole market prices UP.
    Maybe you can afford a 1500e dollars card to your hobby,but most of us CAN'T spend that mutch money on gaming.
    I know you people who can afford those expensive stuff dont give a fly F about others...
    Even when water gone have hight prices you still gone say i can afford it to clean my car....Poor world.
    my most expensice CG card was the 8800GTX 320mo FOR 350€
    Funny that the same guys crying about mining are now buying 1500e cards !

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Look, I feel you. I completely understand and definitely don't want PC gaming to be more expensive than it is, personally.. The thing is, we are talking about the highest tier card. It's always been expensive, and now it also has a larger die size due to having additional tech cores (RT) added to it. The 2080 is a little more reasonably priced, and so is the 2070. Ray tracing is new technology so it's going to be more expensive at first. Look at the 2080 Super for example: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2080-super/. The price is going down as the iterations come out.. $700 MSRP for a 2080 Super. You can get a 2070 for $500 right now also.. So the question really is, what makes you think the highest tier cards should be available to everyone? Also, why do you think, and I'll quote you here, "I know you people who can afford those expensive stuff dont give a fly F about others...", when we are talking about enthusiast PC building? Should we just not get a RTX card because someone else in the world thinks it's a little more expensive than it should be? We weighed the costs and decided it was still worth it. I still do..
    Do you have a problem with those of us who have expensive VR systems also? Should we all just put our interests down because others can't enjoy it also? We are all trying to enjoy our time on this planet and this is just one of the ways some of us get to do that. I don't really spend my money on anything else so I choose to spend it on gaming. It's our choice..

One thing I've noticed in life is that most people will spend their money on their hobbies all the same. If it isn't pumping money into your sports car or Pokemon (or whatever lol), it's pumping money into clubs or some other expensive hobby or time waster. Who's right is it to give someone crap for spending a lot of money on their PCs? I understand you and others may have a tougher time out there, and I truly empathize and wish better for you all, but going on a technical forums where we discuss the latest and greatest to complain about others spending a few extra hundred on a top-tier level card that is paving the way towards what has been deemed by industry leaders as the "holy grail of graphics" (ray tracing in general) is just ridiculous.. especially when these cards are in no way a requirement at all..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  19. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Gonna have to bite my tongue real fuckin hard on that one, chief.

So... How about that Control game guys?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That is funny.Do not read the next post below.It is Trumprific trigger.

Yeah but not fair comparison,You have an AMD card, it is just better than Nvidia card.