Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

The shadows are more realistic though, removing those baked in shadows gives a much less artificial scene.

You could say that no one runs around the shadow details in a mp game.

RTX is just gravy, If you are not gonna use it then don't worry about it.

And the build Jack played had rtx on and " max settings " but it was totally locked off so not sure what was actually on

2. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Well SOME shadowing was more realistic. Totally removing some shadows like for example... a small fence is infront of a light in the 1st release RTX nVidia vid.. Its` shadow is on the ground quite detailed. I see this same shadowing in real life at night. Turning on RTX should not remove the fence shadow totally. Imho that`s not realistic. If I had to take a guess on this, RTX is not actually fully working in those vids. Which is why in many vids we see no player shadows on the ground. Since I have an RTX card, I would like to use it. In Metro Exodus, I couldn`t play that game without it. They utilized the RTX for lighting beautifully. Really hoping for better results for Modern Warfares RTX shadowing.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  3. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Seems that 'RTX on' makes you miss point blank kills :p

serbicu likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Guys when is the beta for pc going live? Can we download it for free? Or we have to preorder the game?

5. BOYDIE-NI

BOYDIE-NI Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6600
    I have pre ordered do I get access to the Beta?

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    When do they release a 'real' video - i wanna see bits of the SP story godd****mit.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    same thoughts

DocStrangelove likes this.
  8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I think their going to keep that hidden until the end lol. I mean, I am only interested in that part anyways :D

DocStrangelove likes this.
  9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I can't buy the game before i see Captn Price in action, sorry. :D

Kolt and serbicu like this.
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You can't enable rtx, so why do you care in this game now? It is not as creator intended for you to play. :p

Undying likes this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    well, yes, if rtx is done nicely i will consider playing the sp with it on

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Really looking forward to this. After cod WW2 being such a let down it seems that we are going back to the COD everyone loves/loved, though I have to admit COD WW2 did look gorgeous.

I will pre-order this.

13. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Played the beta on (base) PS4 with mouse and keyboard.

Sweet that they're giving the option of m+kb on consoles now, I played with a pad for a little while and it feels like you're swinging a 20ton gun around when trying to turn. FoV was still locked at what felt like 70-80 though.
    Mouse input feels like vsync 60hz (probably cos it is lol), but the FPS dips from 60 so frequently it feels like sensitivity shoots up and down.

Graphics - Can't wait for the PC beta, playing on a 50" HDTV and everything is SO blurry like there's a smear of Vaseline over the screen, it makes it really hard to see enemies. If you're outside looking into an interior (doorway, window etc etc), you will most likely get peppered with bullets by a guy who you just couldn't see because it's incredibly dark. I tried turning up brightness etc etc but it's a problem with the actual game.

Gameplay - Shooting feels like CoD, TTK is very low, spawns even on these massive maps can be awful (walk forward 2 secs - shot in the back, feels like CoD...). Claymores are very hard to spot, and you don't get the perk that highlights explosives until you hit I think level 25? Sound design is terrible, someone might be shooting at your teammate about 40m away and you can hear the snaps of all the bullets non stop like they're next to your head, it's so loud and distracting all the time. You can run through a half open doors and it'll slam open with the loudest noise I've ever heard, it constantly made me jump. :( Every time you die it's like someone was rapidly loudly clapping in your direction.
    Maps selection is dire, I like one of the 3 maps.

One map is in a trainyard, the only one that feels like it has any flow tbh. Some slightly open parts, some close quarters. I can rush. Fun.

The other 2, one has a cave system + some middle eastern looking houses, ran around the map for an entire match and found 4 people to shoot at one point, timer ran out. Has some decent close quarters, but overall an incredibly boring map. Last map is the WORST, it's in what reminds me of a that one map in the original MW, with the blocks of flats in Russia I think? It's like that but with massive open areas, and tons of aforementioned blacked out doorways/windows that you might just instantly die from.

Tl;dr - It's very very boring with no personality to set itself apart from other games or even feel like a CoD game, encourages camping too much. I'll try the PC beta because I can't trust a console to accurately portray what the game will actually be like on some decent hardware. I'm not expecting to enjoy it any more though.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You played the peasant edition, wait for the definitive edition :p

15. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Ehh I get that, but it's honestly not filling me with confidence so far. Feels way more generic than any CoD over the last 8 years.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I pre-ordered and to the other guys who pre-ordered (pc at least) it clearly states during the payment process if not before that if you pre-order you will be able to play the beta starting on the 19th of September (Thursday).

Looking forward to it.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Pre-load tomorrow maybe ?

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Did you pre-order through Battle.Net or something else?

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Battle.net app

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Ok, thanks.