Geforce Game Ready Driver 436.30 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Sep 10, 2019.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    are you gaming when it happens or just browsing the internet...?

you need to be more specific as to when it happens...

-Tj- likes this.
  2. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I had it just one time... Latest 436.30s... I was just browsing, if I remember correctly. Also, my Windows had just been updated.

Thought it was an isolated case.

3. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    It happened once when not gaming but usually it's when gaming mostly Overwatch lately but it happened in WoW too. But when it happened while not gaming it was while using Discord or Firefox (Youtube) and i think both are using the the gpu (i was using both on a different screen so not sure which one could be at fault). But the message in the Event Viewer is always the same. It never happened while working (VS Code, Intellij IDEA, Visual Studio, Oracle SQL Dev, MySQL Workbench, VMware, Affinity Designer and Photo).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  4. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I did find a recent post about it on nVidia forums but there's not much information as why it happens and how to solve it or if re-installing windows will be a waste of time or not. It drives me crazy. I really don't have time re-installing windows now I'm past deadlines at my job and if i invest time re-installing windows instead of doing overtime or having fun to let the pressure out it must absolutely 100% work. Sadly i don't have a backup left before the problem started to appear (before June I would say).

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...y-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has/

The answer by Nolfy in this thread above is pretty much what i'm experiencing. He said "This is a driver problem from Nvidia. Since the latest 2 or 3 drivers i have the same problems.". That's exactly where it started for me 2-3 drivers ago. Everything else is working perfectly. And when the drivers don't crash the computer is running perfectly. Fps in games is stable. Temps are stable. They are all the same as before. Compile time of my projects are normal. Android VMs work fine.

It's not too much of a problem outside of online gaming. But when the drivers crash i lose control of the computer for around 10 seconds before they recover so i can't do anything for around 10 seconds. And once upon a time the whole computer crashes with the drivers.

I'll try reducing my overclock. It has been perfectly stable until now but the card is 2 years old so who knows? That would suck my 1070 was already a terrible overclocker. It's probably the worst card i ever bought from nVidia. Terrible overclocker. Not a proper 2k high fps card and overkill for 1080p. And now drivers instability. The overclock is marginal at best (100Mhz on both core and mem could not do any better). I'll try removing it completely to see if it does a difference.

Computer specs just in case :

Ryzen 7 1800x
    Asus Crosshair Hero VI
    16GB of G. Skill Trident 3200 ram.
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850W Gold PSU
    Asus GTX 1070 Strix

Mostly playing Blizzard games lately. Overwatch, Diablo 3 and some wow and a little bit of HOTS.

5. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    windows 10 64bits
    i have this issue when try see streamimg's page
    in a TV hisense 55" trough HDMI in 1080p native resolution
    change to more high and see these image, any suggestion?
    in netflix, prime video, etc

6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    That's the classic timeout detection and recovery (TDR) error. It can be caused by a buggy driver, but in most cases, when trying several different drivers doesn't help, it's due to faulty hardware or bad overclock.

MonstroMart likes this.
  7. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    If it was faulty hardware would it not have problem more than once every 6-8 hours??? I had many gpus die on me over the years (i'm an old guy) but they never worked perfectly fine 95% of the time with some hiccups. They usually go with some fireworks and eventually a black hole ;)

Like i said in previous reply i'll try to remove the overclock and i'll report back in 2-3 days. It's a very marginal overclock and it's been stable for 2 years but the card was a pretty bad overclocker out of the box. I could not get more than 100Mhz on both the core and mem despite temp being perfectly fine. I would get corruption as soon as i was trying to get past that overclock. I would say the card out of the box was pretty bad silicon so it's possible the overclock is not stable anymore. Would suck since it would means i spent Asus Strix $ for not much but well it is what it is i guess.

Man the RTX taxe and this problem i have since june have left a bad taste in my month that's for sure. The summer was extremely hot my apartment was getting as hot as almost 40 Celsius at time so i thought it might have been the problem but now it's back to normal temp at around 20 Celsius.

8. Magicblow

Magicblow Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1070 Asus Oc
    Best driver for me was 417.71 now I'm using latest and for some reason they work OK this time, I did ddu few times. Some games are perfectly smooth

9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I've seen several people claim their ability to overclock has been reduced by the current drivers. Maybe the newer driver, in an attempt to increase performance, puts more stress on the hardware, to the point a lower clock speed will actually achieve the same or better performance.

MonstroMart likes this.
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    power supply not stable can do this to.....I had it happen and it drove me crazy because I just knew I had a good one....I was wrong...."just saying"

rewt likes this.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Stop right there. Overclock was considered as main suspect in "driver stopped responding" errors. So it should be the first thing to try - lower OC a bit. Also there were many drivers which required the OC lowering.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

if it was just overwatch, then i would say driver problem since there is something going on there,
    but since its generally anything doing it i'd say its device config related, your ram for example is not without issues on Ryzen, uses have had best results with 2933 instead of 3200 on this set with Zen 1

airbud7 likes this.
  13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I had no problem for 2 years and i did not upgrade the bios or the chipset drivers lately i wait for ryzen 3 to be more mature before upgrading those again on my ryzen 1 computer. I highly suspect this is the gpu since it happens mostly while gaming and "pushing" the gpu. It happened once outside of gaming i think while using Firefox/Discord/Twitch. I'll definitely investigate the gpu first. I remember reading some people had to downclock with new drivers. I'll try that first and see what happens.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    alright, but keep in mind that Nvidia's multithreaded software scheduler and hardware assisted ones in Pascal/Turing are definitely affected by Memory decay, or mis-configuration, you can swap from a perfectly fine hardware wise nvidia card, to a perfectly fine amd card and issues stop simply because of their own differences in operation.

These could also just be bad drivers on your system because of an undiscovered conflict with other installed drivers or bios settings, everything is a possibility.

15. Jeny

Jeny Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080TI
    Yesterday I wanted to install these drivers, but they were removed from nvidia website, even the older 436.15 was not there, today they are back. Yesterday the last drivers were 436.02.

Will be there any new drivers soon? Should I wait? Cause I am on 436.15

16. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I'm on nvidia site, the 436.15 and 436.30 are there for download

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I removed the overclock and after 3 days it's perfectly stable again. Strange that's the first time i have a perfectly stable overclock going bad after only 2 years. Dunno if it's the latest drivers or the card itself. Well i planned to upgrade the card soon anyway so i'll keep it at stock until then.

18. Jeny

Jeny Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080TI
    I already said they were back!!!!

Strange only there 2 drivers were removed even for a little while, I am sure I looked up my 1080

bOse likes this.
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I preferred 436.15 more then these 436.30.. .15 were faster and smoother. atm updating to 436.39vk driver.

Edit; I think I will go back to 436.15

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Me too. The card won't downclock with these, MW beta is over and these aren't as smooth overall. Nice to have options :)

-Tj- likes this.