The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah other than the blueprint project it's been less and less, Season #2 and Season #3 or Ep.2 and Ep.3 as it seems they're calling them might be bringing some new stuff and then I guess they will be doing the Year 2 pass and content in mid-2020 after that whatever it will entail plus the in-between title updates and hotfixes that are starting to change up the game but also forcing players to remake their loadouts and such from nerfs or changing how traits and all that works and who knows maybe a World Tier 6 at some point for more hitpoint all the things enemies. :D
    (Full on take a cue from Wolfenstein and enemies now have multiple helmets on them for near infinite armor effect. :p )

State of the game, community feedback and this current phase is focused on PvP which with the other phases should lay the works for TU 6
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/cq5pgy/the_division_2_title_update_next_community/

And then Episode 2 Last Castle after that and Episode 3 Brooklyn Homecoming in early 2020
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...og#wiki_episode_2_pentagon.3A_the_last_castle

Game lasted pretty long but the content drought and the very RNG skewed loot and less efficient build diversity and poor showing from Massive on some of the issues was a hamper and several convenience features and requests have still gone unanswered although it's slowly turning around but we'll see how TU6 will be changing things up and then actual content with the Pentagon story bit and a second raid with the foundry followed by a return to New York and a manhunt for the third episode and I assume a end to the first year of content.

Bit over 100 hours total here but mostly minor returns for projects (Finishing up the majority of the non-locked blueprints.) and a bit of effort for the caches even if it's apparel and cosmetic only.
    Wanted to pick up that last missing keychain thing up too (In some sofa somewhere.) but Kenley actually closed four days ago which seems silly instead of just weekly unlocking each wing and keeping it unlocked but I assume it will be on a rotating unlock and more timed gatekeeping nonsense which well it's there for a reason possibly padding it out a bit or prolonging time it takes to clear but I'm not a huge fan of it and that's from someone with a fair bit of free time whereas work, study and family and others might only get a few hours and could risk missing content entirely as a result though I do not expect it to be closed for a longer period of time it's too much work for Massive to just be a infrequent hub for exploration once in a while.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  2. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    So I am in the 470s gear score, and am working on getting that up. Only problem is the matchmaking is basically dead, so it's a bit of a challenge to find people. Is this is like this all the way to the max gear score? What I am asking is that is the game dead? lol

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Less activity outside of certain missions and the raid but the raid is for 490+ although building up is possible just looting the game world and running the light green weapon crates or specific orange crates or the black resource crates most of which are hanging around in high places. (There's a few of each just around the white house itself and nearest blocks closest likely being the big white building nearby and the black crate hanging near the underpass and hyena crate.)

Checkpoints and missions on hard difficulty or higher (Though I recommend starting with hard.) is also a source of loot but even end-game you'll run into 490 - 500 constantly and the point scaling means a 470 to 490 gear can triumph over a 500 since it's a pool and unlike the first game the base stats of GS500 isn't just better and everything is allocated for said reward pool so you can get a high defense or high damage armor or weapon piece with poor traits and effects or a poor damage but high trait value and the little slot things also factor into the pool plus the gear station under the helicopter only allows for swapping one talent out despite request for having it at least at two for build diversity.
    (Aka not just weapon damage boosts or skill power boosting since nearly enough dakka or nearly enough dakka via proxy is what works and everything else kinda doesn't work as well. :p )

Sets and such and crafting and running exotics are a huge RNG and overall you'll have less than a percentage or so chance in pure math to get a gear bit you really really want though the traders outside of the dark zones update weekly also and often have fun gear at least for trait swapping. :)
    (PvE is more forgiving too and the AI is often easy enough to cheese or figure out what they're doing besides trying to rush and slap for epic damage whereas PvP is basically Eagle Bearer from the raid and everyone else dies really fast. :p )

It's a slow build especially if Tidal isn't taken yet and you get into WT5 fully though even from that GS500 is a bit of a slog and 99.8 or so of everything you do pick up will be dismantled and when that's filled it'll be sold and credits spent on...next to to nothing?
    (Vendor items aren't that great once the plans and such are acquired and even then RNG and rolls makes anything non-exotic a risky business and the exotics aren't super great either with some exceptions.)

EDIT: Oh and for Nemesis for an exotic that actually does work well and that little effect it has the 0 - 100% damage really means 0 - 100% damage and not extra damage on top of the base damage so if you don't squeeze that trigger it just doesn't do a thing. :D

Liberty can be useful too though I recommend a guide for how to get these and what is required and you can only equip one weapon and one armor exotic together for now and the sets are...not that great.
    (You sacrifice armor brand bonuses that can be really useful and armor traits that can be very handy for a set bonus that is more gimmicky and not that strong outside of the raid sets and those are raid exclusive only.)

shoja likes this.
  4. After the latest server update I'm having strange issues that seem to be server related... for example minimap shows enemies nearby, I go in that direction and nothing. When I'm extremely close to that position 5 enemies spawn a few meters in front of me and I need to run back to cover. Really weird I'm afraid that Massive is reducing server counts worldwide because the game is dying.

5. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    THANK YOU for all the useful tips and info! :) So I lucked out, and ended up with a party that handed me any 490-500 gear they got. Now I am almost 500 in GS lol

SpajdrEX likes this.
  6. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Lately, my game has been crashing at random early times. Sometimes, it would crash as soon as I start it. Is anyone else having similar crashing issues? If you are, what did you do to fix it? I would really appreciate your input. I have tried closing all the other game launchers altogether, but no luck so far. This is super annoying :/

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Even under DX11 it crashes?

shoja likes this.
  8. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I think you know something that I do not lol. I am going to try things under DX11 tonight. Didn't think that would cause issues, but I have been wrong before lol

Will update on status. Thanks!

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    It's mentioned (still) in latest Geforce drivers under Open Issues.:
    • [Tom Clancy's The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode.[200406322]

shoja likes this.
  10. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I should probably read those things more often! Thanks a lot!

SpajdrEX likes this.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's insane this hasn't been fixed yet. It's been in there for months now.

Kolt and Serotonin like this.
  12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Just wanted to say, thanks again! That solved my problem.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Welcome to PC gaming.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Now that everyone else has stopped playing (?) I finally started :D

So yeah, got this and starting The Grind again. Forgot how addictive the lootloop is, especially early on, and improvements made defnitely make a difference versus Division 1.

Tried running in DX12 and yeah, after a while I was greeted with the "Oh no it crashed" dialog box. DX11 no crashes.
    Too bad, the game ran notably better with DX12, maybe this will be fixed someday.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Trying to clear the new apparel event but it's a pretty obvious case of attracting players ahead of competing titles like Destiny 2 F2P and they really tinkered with the ratio of these caches but it just makes players drop even trying other than those getting lucky despite the lower odds, got most of the flight outfit but I suppose the fancy leather jacket is going to be 28 - 29 of 30 and with the current key handout I've managed the two projects for six, three extras from pass bonuses and a full ... four keys from opening field caches from "leveling" although I did at least get three non-duplicate from all the random bits crafted into general apparel keys during this first week.
    (On average it was a 50% chance for a cache now it's more like a 10% chance though RNG can still be nice but going by the number of missions and activities done and number of field promotions I'm not going to get anywhere near the full set without several hours of playtime daily which I guess is what Massive is kinda aiming for and short term boost to player count and how the game looks just ahead of TU6 dropping and the next chapter of the season 2 content.)

The game itself still has a fun loop and works well but the RNG and the way they're not budging on some reported issues and working around them instead and making them more complicated is a issue but we'll see how it goes I suppose.

EDIT: Also giving Hard Wired a bit of a try since I grinded for crafting the thing which yeah sets are completely inoptimal for the most part other than maybe the two parter bonus if nothing better is available but some tuneup and nearly 2.8k skill power and the turret does a pretty good job at taking out most enemies now and the drone is almost on par too with a bit less health but more mobility.

RNG but getting a good damage upgrade now has them nearing 30k damage meaning I'm essentially using three assault rifles and looking completely ridiculous but the PvE damage output is pretty nice allowing for the exotic holster and Liberty (Exotic handgun DEagle thing.) when I really want to put a hole in something. (Robotic dogs! ~ Eff em! ~ )

AK at the moment thanks to 26k damage though it is slow and inaccurate but makes a nice damage output until TU6 rebalances things again and it's looking like it's time to pick up the new rifle since they're buffing it up hopefully retaining it's ridiculously high accuracy and next to no recoil. :D
    (LMG with a few mods and talents can be a thing too but is even slower to reload.)

EDIT: Yeah this isn't really much of a build at all but with TU6 dropping mid October I think it's going to be a full gear change anyway, also fixing it so damage to elite (Gas masks primarily up to 50% but often found at 40 - 45% for more attractive gear to tune up.) is going to apply to abilities too so that should boost the turret and drones ability to really deal with bosses and such.
    (Along with other changes including nerfs and buffs so that's going to be a bit of work seeing how that changes it all up in terms of gear.)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    AsiJu likes this.

16. Nope, I've never stopped. I still play for a few hours every week. Kinda similar to how I play Diablo 3 these days :)

AsiJu likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Worst thing for sure. On Saturday I played for 3hrs without a single crash and on Sunday it wouldn't stop crashing. Like you say, DX12 performance is not slightly better, it's much better. I think I gain some 10fps at 3440x1440. Anyway, I've achieved Tier 5, "completed" the game twice and played all three new locations (which btw were procreating awesome). After 67h I feel I'm done with the game and I've definitely gotten my monies worth. I uninstalled it since I want to focus on Destiny 2 now.

But yea, this game was better than Division 1 and definitely top 20 in my book.

AsiJu likes this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    After reading all that all I can is ooookayyy.... :p

Also @Corrupt^ so have you soloed the 8 player Raid yet? xD

Btw 436.48 driver should finally fix DX12 crash! Good timing for me, must say!

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah bit of a rant and current impressions rolled in all and a bit of fatigue and tiredness in all. :D

The Black Tusk armored dogs aren't that bad really they're just very hard to get the armor off and hit the weak point (Around the actual gun itself.) and the EMP range is pretty large but far as enemy encounters go the engineers and operators of the various factions are worse (Outcasts and their little RC cars stand out.) sure the melee types do a ton of damage (Unlike your own characters way of the wimp martial arts knowledge...) but the beeline to player without cover makes it easily dealt with and the rest are basically variants of gunners whether it's assault, grenadier (Now less accurate as of some patch or two back.) or shotgun and sniper plus the heavy who's just really heavy and mostly slow.
    (Unless a turret is spotted, mass and speed becomes a singular unstoppable entity at that point which is just weird to see.)

Yay more rants but the game itself is fun and the exploration and actual core loop of getting new gear and building a working character whether focusing on skills, damage, support or PvE or the dark zone PvP is engaging though Massive needs to work out the current issues and they're instead working around them in various ways but Title Update 6 coming in soon might be a step forward plus it should bring some new content again and re-open the current area of the university once more. :)

Combine the right skills and build and you can take out most any World Tier 5 Challenging objective pretty quickly although since you can't have everything focusing on skills usually means less armor and health and the enemy spawns can be a bit irritating at times coming up behind and all that.

New event has some less odd outfits too although it's unfortunate that FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out.) seems to be in full effect and trying to entice players to get the new gear by any means possible and they're also not moving to the general loot pool for apparel later as that's changing to a shifting set of 100 items per switch which I do hope also means less duplicates though I doubt it. (~10% or so of the XP needed for the next field promotion / gear cache level up.)

Main downside is the changes to talents and how these might no longer stack and overall adjustments to sets and items meaning pretty much the entire current setup has to go and be rebuilt which is why I'm just having fun fooling around with set items even if they're way sub-optimal for getting a maximized damage or skill output. (But they fit with the other pieces at least and fashion is everything is these games or so I hear. :p )

Rebalanced weapond damage should also make the P416 a bit less dominant though it did turn the G7 or what it's called new assault rifle to the new top spot possibly even above the AK. (Which while strong kinda has heavy recoil and long reload times.) and they're also lowering the what's it called M60 machine gun but buffing many of the other pieces. (Think one of the rifles had a really strong buff too because it under performed compared to just about every other weapon in the game.)

More gear slots for every other type of apparel too minus the real-life 5.11 one since it only has these specific pieces and sets are also changed up a bit plus the raid sets are introduced to the rest of the game sans backpack and chest piece.
    (The strongest pieces in terms of bonuses but you only need 4/6 for the full set effect now and they're changing the current stuff for the existing ones, pretty sure Eagle Bearer also remains raid only for the exotic assault rifle though they reduced it's damaged slightly.)

EDIT: The destroyer dogs are actually revamped as of TU6 too, they're no longer firing a instant bleed explosive type damage (Thus the 400k some damage dealt on a direct hit.) but instead of that they are now firing in bursts of three so they might actually be more dangerous.
    (Less bleed so no direct health damage but possibly more overall damage output which might rip right through armor and health on less geared up characters for these two stats.)

Tank type heavies are also less easily affected by debuffs and status effects and the Black Tusk mini tanks (The track type robotic drones.) are now a bit more vulnerable once the operator is out.
    (Previously I think it barely mattered short of the thing self destructing after everything else was taken out possibly getting a minor debuff once the black task operator / controller type enemy was taken out and these could repair the tracks and health of the drone itself too.)

AsiJu likes this.
  20. Funny how I'm probably the only one here who didn't have a single crash since beta. And I'm using DX12.