Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Could someone post new screenshots? I'd like see the difference, if any...

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the patch didn't do much for performance , ray tracing high preset still dips to the 30s @ 4k w DLSS on

3. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Why is the patch 22Gb holy frack

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    around 330mb for me

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah I also seen 330MB on Epic and total size is 34.4GB

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It will never cease to amaze me that to this day, there are developers who thing these are settings to have permanently turned on... Same goes for vignetting (my personal pet peeve, just before film grain).

7. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    well for me it's 22GB for some reason. Although when the patch tried to initialize apparently I didn't have enough space on the hard drive, so I removed some stuff but it still was just stuck and wasn't doing anything. So I quit the program. Well, came back and it's downloading 22GB. The folder has grown to now 60. soooo I dunno lol.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    So, how does it run now? A bit better?

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    It is mind boggling on a PC game to not have choices ,also I am happy to play on PC so you can make your own choices and get rid of most things that should not be there in the first place.

More Stuff From-control community blog

Free DLC content includes Photo Mode and a challenging new game mode

Hi everyone! Today, I want to hand over to our friends at Remedy, who have some exciting Control updates to share with our community…

Over to you, Thomas and Mikael…

Control – What’s Next?

Now that Control has launched and we’ve been able to get a few updates out of the way, it’s time to take a look at what’s coming next. We will continue to build on the world of Control, creating additional game content all the way through 2020. We already have a small team in place at Remedy that’s busy working on post-launch content.

Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming to Control…

First up, while some crafty PC players “unlocked” their own versions of this already, we are working on a much-desired Photo Mode, which will enable you to take some awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House. Make sure you unlock all of her costumes to flex by the time the Photo Mode arrives this fall. We’ll have more information on this soon.

New Game Mode
    In December, we will release a new game mode for Control that we are currently calling Expeditions. This will be a challenging new end-game mode in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face the some the greatest challenges that the Oldest House can throw at you. You will need the best gear and abilities to survive. Expeditions is free for all players.

Expansions
    Moving ahead to 2020, there will be two full, paid expansions that our team is hard at work creating: The Foundation and AWE. Both of these will offer new story missions, enemies, and game mechanics, and take place in new locations within the Oldest House.

The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself. Expect things to get weird.

The second expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.

Finally, we would like to thank everyone from press to fans and the entire community for your support and feedback. The amazing response to Control means the world for us. Keep it coming!

Mikael Kasurinen (Game Director)
    Thomas Puha (Communications Director)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    jura11 and Undying like this.
  10. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Expansions, huh? Well, since the game seems to be quite short (seems to be the general consensus), I'll be definitely getting this next year, once it comes with the expansions prepackaged. Who knows, maybe at that point it will also run better.

11. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Not that short, I've been playing for more than 10 hours and I still have a lot to do. That's good for a TPS, I guess. But you are also right, it's always a good thing to get everything at once. :D

emperorsfist likes this.
  12. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, I'm the sort of person that rather gets everything at once - I'm less likely to forget about the game and then never actually get to the expanded stuff.

13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

XenthorX and pharma like this.
  14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is quite a better performer than quantum break. Smooth and stable experience. Dx12 shines well.

Undying likes this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Agreed, it should be dx12 only. Game is even smoother without motion blur, 2-4fps difference.

XenthorX and warlord like this.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the difference in graphics btw ray tracing on and off is simply night and day, not playing anymore new games until i get and rtx card

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats such a ridiculous statement.

18. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I really don't blame him here though lol.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    see, so u agree with me, that rtx gives it a night and day difference

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I will not play any game now if it is to have RTX on release .
    I have Wolfenstein Youngblood and I will not play it until there is an RTX patch.I also do not care what anyone says about RTX,I like it and RTX is fine in this game also.