Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @HiAlgoBoost

what is the go with all the Vega APU + Geforce notebooks shipping with vulkan and opengl broken?
    The Radeon driver is the direct cause, as updating it rectifies the problem.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's interesting, Vulkan uses registry information (And the new runtime has some additional validation here.) but OpenGL too? Well it's not just the loader or incorrect registry if it's both of these. Interesting to hear that.
    Though it does sound a bit like a mismatch and then reinstalling the driver and it registers the device and these paths and reg keys but that sounds like something that should be working from the start unless something else breaks like with Windows 10 OS build updates and time to reinstall the GPU driver again just in case.

No idea but that's good to know for reference.

EDIT: OEM driver situation for mobile devices should also be better now AFAIK though should and is can differ a bit and who knows what the base driver applied on some of these systems actually is.
    (And getting both NVIDIA and AMD's driver to co-operate and work nice if it's a mix of both dedicated GeForce and integrated AMD or perhaps less drivers and more the rest of the system.)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  3. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
  4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Wouldn't call it that. Not when it clearly doesn't work for everyone.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'd only seen reports of vulkan being busted till today, either the vendor shipped driver is incomplete or there was an issue that nobody ever noticed and this one busted driver is shipping with these new notebooks.

6. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    If it works, maybe.

7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Now they should not forget to make it work for everyone.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Vega will clearly get it in next few drivers this is a Polaris moment and im glad they still support it. Cant wait to test it later.

OnnA likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Still only for DX12/Vulkan. So, maybe you have tried DX11? Most of games I play are DX11.

Maddness likes this.
  10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    You somehow seem to have missed my point...I don't have Vega either...

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    so reshade + smart_sharp shader then is the only option for now :)

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Or just play dx12 games instead? There are plenty now.

13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    OFF:
    https://i.**********/2ync04cw/QUBE-2-RIS-OFF.png
    ON:

https://i.**********/DZLPh7rf/QUBE-2-RIS-ON.png

(on polaris)

Digilator likes this.
  14. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Nice! Maybe AMD will make this work for all the cards it says they support now, soon. :cool:

15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Wow...

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk man make sense to play newer games when you have rx5700. If they didnt had in mind playing nothing but older dx11 titles they would not upgrade.

warlord likes this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You need windows 10 updated for that. :rolleyes:

Undying likes this.
  18. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Can anyone tell me how Radeon Image Sharpening works?

If my game doesn't have an internal resolution scaling option, do I just change the resolution from 1440p to 1080p? Also, if I'm changing the resolution, won't my monitor change it's resolution and thus be applying it's own scaling to the image or does RIS actually scale the image from 1080p to native 1440p of my monitor?

I have Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it doesn't have a scaling option, but it's DX12 so that means RIS could work for this game right?

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Might not happen though it might change and the article and commentary are a bit blunt with how AMD said no but the actual statement as usual with this sort of thing is more nuanced or neutral though it does lean towards it not being a feature at the moment but it's also not excluded entirely.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/d3rt3x/amd_confirms_it_has_no_plans_to_add_radeon_image/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/vega-radeon-image-sharpening

EDIT: Well planning and testing and time and budget, resources and allocation and priorities.

I am glad they're resolving the big Navi issues bit by bit and these are important so that should be the focus though hopefully the other still supported GPU's can also get fixed up given more time and once the pressure on the remaining Navi fixes and critical priorities ease up. :)

Or how to say and the usual with focus on a new product launch and some things break and the products are still supported and might be for years but might not gain much further direct support though could still benefit from general improvements and optimizations though later drivers could also break or alter how features work as has happened a few times since Vega's release both for bad and good and a bit back and forth.

I'm no good at interpreting these things and the plans AMD has but business wise ensuring Navi's drivers and code is in a solid and mostly bug free state would take priority and effort for upcoming driver releases, BSOD's and driver crashes and what not which can then transition into a smoother launch for Navi14 and Navi12 down the line and maybe lay the base for Navi20 support and a smoother launch for these as well.

Something like that. :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Next year vega goes EOL and you will never get 4k netflix. In the meantime big navi will already have RIS and PlayReady3.0.

After fury series murder, vega followed. I wonder if any of you here, are willing to buy a high end AMD gpu again. Gtx 1000 series have a couple more things than vega users do. Gtx 900 series have hdmi 2.0, r9, fury users can't enjoy 4k@60 and hdr. Nvidia was always better in the details.