Geforce Game Ready Driver 436.30 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Sep 10, 2019.

1. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have an odd thing happening, if I open Twitter in Edge, or the Twitter app, and have these open when I play games, it disables Sli, no games will use both cards, if I close Twitter then both cards work again. Been like this for a few drivers already. I have reported this to Nvidia, never been fixed. Using Windows 10, 1903

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No such issue here.

3. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    False. The issue is widespread across multiple hardware configurations. Take a look at the steam discussion forums or just Google SOTTR dx12 issues. There was exactly one driver that seemed to resolve it mostly as I mentioned, but since then every other driver breaks it again. However there is no driver I am aware of that will prevent the inevitable random crash with raytracing and dlss on.

It seems other dx12 games may have similar issues, I see the Division 2 mentioned a lot. Rise of the Tomb Raider had the issue too.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, and then there are configurations that are not affected so use your brain and figure out how a bug report gets made, theres feedback and then theres actionable feedback.

5. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I have problems in DX12 with those drivers too, SotTR will crash, HITMAN 2 will stutter, RE2R will stutter, absolutely no problems in any games in DX11 mode, using Windows 1903 with latest updates, the same was on 436.02, then 436.15 now with those too. Spend so much on RTX 2080 Ti just to have to disable RT and have problems in DX12 lol

6. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Ok thanks then. I'm sorry my feedback of a months old issue effecting lots of people isn't worth anyone's time. Specs of my system and things I've tested are earlier in the thread if anyone from Nvidia cares.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    manuel even writes in his driver release posts that issues are quite often system specific, and there are people playing tombraider and the other games you listed just fine on the recent drivers, i think someone n the thread even said so.

8. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    @ManuelG
    Having issues with this driver.
    G-sync randomly stops working in windowed fullscreen.
    After disabling and re enabling in the NVCP, it sometimes starts working again, to randomly stop working again after alt-tabbing out of the window.
    Tried uninstalling the whole driver with DDU. Same issues persists.
    Rolled back to 436.02, and it works fine again in windowed fullscreen.

I'm using the G-sync indicator to verify if it's working or not.
    I have an Acer XB271HU_A, one of those certified by Nvidia, not one of those monitors that "might" work.

9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Tell everyone in the discussion to fill out the following driver feedback form as thoroughly as possible. A bunch of people reporting the same issue might give it some chance to get fixed.

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

Are you saying that using ultra low latency in the BFV driver profile doesn't work but setting it globally does? Strange.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  10. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    On my setup, dual monitor, both @ 144hz, one is 1440p the other 1080p.
    My GPU stays in P0.
    When I lower the frequency, it does down throttle to P8.
    As far as I know, it takes that much GPU power to render two screens @ 144hz and therefor it stays in P0 mode.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Here is what I have tested, any change to BFV profile in NVCP gets reverted to default once BFV starts.
    Any user.cfg changes like "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2" will only work one time in BFV, next mission it reverts.

You can check this with console command "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" if it gets overridden by user.cfg changes or game-wise it will report a value but if you get -1 that means it is overridden by NVCP but the problem it doesn't give you the value, so, not 100% it uses global low latency ultra.
    I am on a 60hz panel running w/o Vsync so it seems better but it is hard to tell.

rewt likes this.
  12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    The game released a patch today - maybe the devs fixed your issue?

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    You can override this using NVIDIA Inspector but you may experience flicker as a result.

14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are aware of this behavior.

15. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are looking into the Shadow of the Tomb Raider crash. We are hoping to have a fix ready for the next driver.

rewt likes this.

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you tell me what games you are playing when this happens? Can you email me your Microsoft System Information utility as described in the FAQ below to see if you are running any utilities that may causing problems with G-SYNC? The following FAQ explains how to do this. You may email it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2507/

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I got your feedback but I was never able to reproduce the issue. Can you share more info? How long does Edge have to be open? What are you using to determine if SLI is working (I was using the NVIDIA SLI Visualizer from the NVIDIA Control Panel). Any other information that can help us repro this would be very helpful.

18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are looking into this

Itzlala likes this.
  19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I don't have any updates from the developer so I don't have any new information to share.

Itzlala likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti