Back to the gym - share your tips and tricks

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Aug 6, 2019.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Whey protein is one product and Creatine is another, think of Creatine like a cool-aid mix thats how it looks and taste. Protein on the other hand u mix with milk, Creatine w water or juice. You will be Mixing drinks all day long like a bartender hahaha.

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    When I did lift, I used Isopure dutch chocolate 0 carbs. Fing delicious. I usually mixed it with water and ice just fine. Milk was ok, but a little too heavy for me after a workout, but i usually did 40-45 mins everyday with friday as my off day.

WIth the proper diet the fat and muscle produced was insane. So much so that in 3 months I was happy, but this was in 2015. After I left the Army I got lazy and stopped lifting. Going to start again with body only sets (push ups etc).

I find you have to edge slowly into it because lord knows when you get back to lifting after years the first few days your muscles will be crying.

nz3777 likes this.
  3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Isopure is very good also I have used it in the past plenty of times. One thing thats really bad about consuming lots of protein... If you fart it will clear the room in an instant!!! - Its always best to get your protein from whole foods instead of drinks. Cheers bros.

TaskMaster likes this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @nz3777 listened to your advice, made my gym session 1h-1h 30" Max and shortened breaks between reps. Understand, I am recovering after years of office work, my core strength is at its lowest point. But I am stubborn and more than willing to do whatever it takes to overcome myself.
    About Isopure Dutch : the only pIace I've found that particular brand was on Amazon.
    Will buy it, and little by little ease my way into a shape that I'm comfortable with.
    Thanks a lot guys!

Fox2232, nz3777 and TaskMaster like this.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    You will not regret the dutch chocolate. Be careful not to drink it without a workout routine. It seriously is that yummy!

nz3777 likes this.
  6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Question: When is the best time to ingest creatine and isolated whey protein?
    A guy told me to ingest creatine before the gym, let's say a few hours before.
    After the workout have the whey protein.
    Have I got this right? Is he right?
    Asking is better than supposition, so I ask for your opinions on this.

nz3777 likes this.
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is nothing wrong with doing either before or after, but that way round is quite common for alot of people.

Personally i've never gotten anything from Creatine pre-workout so maybe experient and see if you feel anything. Getting protein in afterwards is important though.

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Now, after a few weeks I can tell you that my body is a freaking coward.
    My mind finds appropriate to belite, swear and scream at my laziness.
    Why oh why is so awful difficult to overcome myself?
    Currently at the gym, with my heart rate skyrocketed and my mind waiting with an axe in its hand waiting for the body engaging in another rep. See y'all later, guess I'll collapse here after this exercise.
    Cheeers!

9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Drink your Creatine Before you work out bro and the Whey protein is for Recovery for after you train. Think of it as Food for your muscles. I see in your posts You started training ( Happy for you) atta boy! …..There is a lot of things on the market you can take to give you a boost (energy) I use to take Ripped-Fuel tablets and Ultimate Orange pre- workout drink that stuff will have you doing Circles in the gym but be careful depending on your age Heart-attack ect is very possible if you overdo it. Remember when you are training find urself a good workout music blast the crap and get in the zone, ignore everything else going on around you!

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    About music for the gym: I'm not going at the gym without having my Bluetooth earphones and my phone fully charged. And of course my own motivation playlist.
    As a matter of fact, I was asked what I am listening, because I was so pumped an eager to do my workout. Odd question, but I politely showed and given my playlist. Next day my gym was playing my jam! Yehaaw!
    More, for me going to the gym has to become a lifestyle, not a goal. It's about keeping fit, not become pumped as a Schwarzenegger. Moderation is the key.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well i´m going to join a gym for the first for health reasons and because i´m out of shape, my belly is embarassing to say the least... My biggest fear is lacking motivation in the long run but let´s see how it goes.

12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, first I congratulate you for taking this decision.
    Second, I'll share this video, could make a difference.

[​IMG]