AMD AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA BIOS That Should Fix Boost issues Spotted and Tested

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2019.

1. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    JWB1, why are you such a fanboy my dude. I have never purchased an AMD CPU in my life, but people like you are the ones who make me feel bad for buying Intel.

Seriously, I would suggest getting a real job and acting your age, as a start. Things happen with early gens, I can remember my SATA port problems with Sandybridge. So, just relax.

And as far as we know Intel hasn't produced a new gen since Sandybridge.

EDIT: typos

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    ZXRaziel, Cidious and AsiJu like this.
  2. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Owned AMD before. Building an AMD system for Plex. Main rig is Intel. I call out AMD and Intel on BS. It just so happens AMD has more BS and their fanboys.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Glad that AMD has been working on this seriously, if and when i return to AMD, i want to know it will meet my expectations of the advertised spec.

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Jagman likes this.

5. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Gimme gimme gimme a bios update............................ *ahem*

AsiJu and carnivore like this.
  6. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    In my opinion this solves the advertising problem. But I'll wait a bit more before I update the BIOS, cause other fixes/improvements might come, and my system is working fine.

7. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm still waiting for that 28-core 5 GHz all-core CPU that Intel promised last year. Should I start posting that video ad-nauseam like you're doing? :p

Your response is also highly ironic. @craycray (among many others) are sick and tired of you fanboyism, yet you declare AMD fans are the worst? If you want to see an obnoxious fanboy then you only need to look in the mirror.

ZXRaziel, AsiJu and carnivore like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is the chiller included?

9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Am I forcing you to respond in any way? And so you would rather this place just jack off to everything AMD does?

I was highly critical of the 9900KS and 8086K. But people only gravitate to my criticism of AMD. That's their problem, not mine.

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    His point is you're being a hypocrite...

Also, everyone was critical of the 9900KS and 8086K except the most diehard Intel fans.

Evildead666 and carnivore like this.

11. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    In regards to the "28-core 5 GHz all-core CPU that Intel promised". Since you want to deflect to Intel... my first question is exactly where did Intel promise this would be available?! And did I ever post anything positive about this? I don't think so. So you can try and call me a hypocrite all you want, but going to whataboutism that doesn't exist doesn't make sense.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Actually, I don't want to deflect to Intel. But since you want to play this game of "he said she said", where did AMD promise the boost clocks that you so vehemently wish the 3900X would reach? They advertised "up to" speeds. Call that shady or stupid or whatever, but, they promised nothing.
    The thing that makes you hypocritical is how you get all whiny about AMD and the biases of their fans, yet, you yourself are constantly whining and showing blatant biases. You've admitted in an earlier post to being an Intel fanboy, so, no need for me to place labels.

13. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I get it you think they did nothing wrong. And you don't think it matters they advertise under sneaky and false info. And you think its okay that AMD sneakily went onto their website and added some wording to try and deflect what was going on?

What AMD said when they did that after the fact is that it's pretty much a BS number that you might never see, as it's a "nominal" number. There's not even a percentage figure of what the chance is to reach that "nominal" frequency. It is advertising/selling a product under a false pretense, as not a single customer would've read boost speeds as something you might never achieve.

And then things go worse after reviews were out for people. As they got lesser clocks with the updates.

Are you really, really surprised this is going bad for AMD? Can you honestly defend AMD on this and say you wouldn't be annoyed if Intel did the same thing?

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Where does it actually say "up to" speeds? People keep saying this and I don't see it. It certainly doesn't say that on their product pages for any of these processors.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-3950x

Even the little info thing that's now included was added after the processors were shipping (after I bought mine) and they've removed and re-added it twice. It still doesn't say "up to" anywhere in that but at least it tried to clarify.

Also where do you draw the line on "up to" - if AMD took LN2 to a processor and got a single core running at 5.4Ghz would you be okay if they advertised "Max Boost Clock: 5.4" because it can go up to 5.4 under some insane scenario?

15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Either you didn't watch the presentation or you are pretending to be ignorant of it. Just to remind you:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-cpu-28-core-5-ghz,37201.html
    Again, if you want me to spam the demo video over and over again ad-nauseum then I'll glad to do so (then again, I'm not a troll so I probably won't :p)

You are one of the worst Intel fanboys on these forums. For you to call out AMD fanboys is the height of hypocrisy. Even when AMD is fixing the issue and releasing updated BIOSes you continue to bash them for it. If you want an example of an extreme, irrational fanboy then look up this guy: @jwb1

ZXRaziel and carnivore like this.

16. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    now I have to find what this does to the MSI prestige creation all I'm waiting to go from wishlist to basket
    edit : seems it fixed it with a 3700x anyway..now I wait for a cpu to be in stock :p (pre-ordering unavailable cpu is the woprst idea ever, I did it once by the time I got mine the price went down and the following model was soon to be announced)

17. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Its a dumb BS marketing move by Intel that I don't think anyone took serious. I sure didn't. Again, I never comment or praised them for it. But the fact is, we aren't talking about Intel. We are talking about AMD and an actual product they released under false advertising that people paid money for. This is just proving my point that AMD fanboys want to deflect to Intel everytime and Intel is the devil blah blah. AMD is way better. YOU are just feeding that narrative.

18. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    So Intel's outright lies about a fictitious product is just a "dumb BS marketing move" while AMD's misleading boost behavior (which they have pledged to fix) are practically worth suing over?

You claimed that AMD has more BS. They don't. Intel is just as guilty of broken promises and outlandish claims. Yet you consistently choose to bash AMD while giving Intel a pass.

You aren't some objective observer, standing for truth and justice, which is how you're trying to portray yourself. You are clearly a rabid Intel fanboy who wants to throw mud at AMD for any and all reason. You even jumped right into the new thread to continue spewing your hatred - which, ironically, is precisely what I said you would do.

19. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    You are a lost cause if you cannot tell the difference. One has ZERO money exchanged, the other DOES. Do I have to remind you about the lawsuit with Bulldozer?

You are arguing that we can sue and get mad at car companies for showing early products before sale. Like a car they showed and either didn't release or was vastly different.

And they haven't fixed it. In some cases its worse. If they finally totally resolve it to what they advertised and promised, I will give them credit. But I will still be highly critical of how they handled it and if it wasn't for the fine people like Roman and others who investigated, they might not have done nothing.

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I didn't say it doesn't matter if they advertise under sneaky info (not sure where you're getting "false" from, since it's already established that it isn't false). Do you have proof they sneaked in new wording?
    Huh? Last I heard, plenty of reviewers were unable to reach the max speed.
    Are you really, really that convinced this is as bad as you think it is? I mean really - you are aware of how many people who disagree with your perspective on this, right?
    Who the hell buys an 8+ core CPU and gripes about ~100MHz when one core is maxed out? For those who got worse results, sure, maybe they have more of a right to complain, but we also don't know what their configuration is.
    Anyway, I'm not really defending AMD in the sense that "eh it's just a few MHz why does it matter?" but rather defending against your overblown ridicule and fearmongering. It's kinda as if you were calling a mildly chubby person "morbidly obese". Doesn't change the fact the person might need to change their diet and lifestyle, but you're making it seem so much worse than it really is, especially now that there's known good progress being made.

It doesn't literally say that, but when you have it marketed as "max boost" with a technology that "dynamically" adjusts clock speed (according to AMD), it means the exact same thing. It's just a lot faster and easier to say "boosts up to" than "dynamically adjustable to the maximum advertised boost".
    C'mon, you know better what that answer is. The line is drawn at the base clock and the max advertised boost clock. That being said, what's actually technically false advertisement is when the CPU automatically goes over the advertised boost clocks (which it sometimes does). Of course, nobody wants to complain about faster-than-advertised performance.
    EDIT:
    Of course, they have to stick an upper limit in, for the sake of not letting the CPU burn itself up.

Aura89 likes this.