AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Spotted at etailer - available September 30th ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DG21

DG21 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti WF Extreme
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    If the price gets inflated beyond $900, you might as well just get a 2950X. Actually, considering you can get the 2950X today for $750, it might already be a better buy if the 3950X goes up in price at all.

3. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Extra cores than what? The 3900X? That would be 4 extra cores then... 12 vs 16 cores.

So you get 12 cores for €500.... and only an extra 4 cores for an extra €400+ which is not great.

4. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    My third and final attempt to buy 3900X - this becomes even more ridiculous than i9900k launch - 2 months from official release date and nowhere to be found or at ridiculous prices - they will launch 3950X but they don't have enough 3900X produced yet:

F...k:mad:

I promise to collect Lisa Su sweat and worship it as holy water just give me a 3900X!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    wavetrex likes this.

5. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    From the article, are you really suggesting a price point of €900+ ?? That is not what AMD have stated - let's wait and see?

I'd also hope/expect that the 2 chiplets are binned to practically guarantee the max stated boost - the cost of the additional 4 cores would need that, I'd think.

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    aaaaaaaaaaahh ! :eek: Guru3D quoting my go-to shop I did not see that coming o_O
    and yes like sbachetta says Digitec lists what the official import company tells them so it has been listed for months for september
    now if I tell you that they never had 3900x cpus (or a handful at best) and all the other trustworthy shops list 3900x as "unknown delivery", taking Switzerland as source for release date is a bad idea, either we are not a "main market" for AMD or more likely AMD has a very limited quantity of them (this same shop has a ton of 36-37-3800 available)

edit : that said they are the most truthful website I've seen in CH but if the importer lies to them as in the 3900x case where the delivery dates change on a dailys basis +- 4 weeks well I don't blame them, when I ordered my G502 wireless and logitech kept pushing the delivery dates they sent me an email every week to apologize also repeating that I could cancel whenever I wanted

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    No, I was referring to the post above about the 9900k.

8. nutz

nutz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Super
    I really hope it drops sooner...have all my parts purchased and ready except for this and a 2070S since I can't find the one I want in stock anywhere yet...

9. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    The Zen 2 CPUs are still like %15 faster than Zen+ at the same clocks (and generally being able to hit higher clocks), so I wouldn't really consider that the better buy. You just have to be patient and avoid the price gougers.

Maddness likes this.
  10. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    You can always buy 3900X from AMD directly as I and many have done. They are sold at MSRP and on the price shown below you need to add VAT for the country you are in

https://shop.amd.com/store?Action=D...SiteID=amd&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage

Atm is at €428.28 (+ country VAT).

Stop looking price gouging shops.

11. nutz

nutz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Super
    did you order right when they dropped? How long was the shipping? Just curious if this is a better option when the 3950x hits rather than NewEgg or other...

12. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    Its so tempting, but ill hold for TR, i think it will be a better buy, specially if i were to buy the 3950x would be with Gigabyte x570 aorus extreme... if im going on the motherboard $700 i think would be better invested on the new TR.

13. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Nope - it only list a seller for western europe - Digitech and on the ryzen 9 3900X page availability is 2 - 3 weeks with comments of users complaining of cancelled orders or 2 months waiting without receiving the product.
    Why do you think that the price is so inflated on ebay and amazon if AMD would sell them directly???

14. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    I bought from AMD directly. Ordered it from there on release day and came one week later. You need to go to the store via the 5700XT AE link and has 3900X there to buy from them.

If you go to the AMD store directly it would link different stores to buy, not from AMD at MSRP prices.

15. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Yes ordered on July 7th the 3900X & 5700XT AE. Took them 1 week to deliver to UK. (the parcel came from Netherlands)
    You have to go to the 5700XT AE link to shop the card, and at the bottom has 3900X (and other CPUs) to buy. You can pick a CPU (as MSRP) and remove the GPU from the basket.

If you go to the AMD stop directly it would point at different stores to buy the CPU, but not from AMD directly.

16. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
  17. Clanger likes this.