Huawei Unveils World’s First Flagship 5G SoC - Kirin 990 series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Caesar likes this.
  2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Well... it seems that Huawei won the race to bringing the first true 5G SA compatible integrated SoC.
    Sad to see Qualcomm and Samsung still selling "5G" SoCs that don't really have full 5G support (NSA).

3. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    I'm more interested in the side effects, health wise! Conflicting reports all over the place. I'm old but in 50yrs the other generations will get to know :eek:

I hate the mobile phone era, look at your average street and you see people like dogs on a lead, being dragged by their phones :D

RzrTrek likes this.
  4. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Side effects of what. Side effects of people crossing streets without looking because they're watching Netflix through 5G instead of 4G?
    AFAIK there are absolutely no conflicting reports, or at least none from serious scientific reports. You'll find the "my phone gave me cancer" reports right beside the "Earth is flat" reports, and the "homeopathy works for me" reports. Sun bathing gives you cancer, not TV, radio or phone signals.

carnivore likes this.

5. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I could not agree less. There have been legitimate concerns about the safety of cellular phones and rightly so. I used to work for a company that made a system used to measure cellular phones and evaluate their safety. The system measured the specific absorption rate (SAR) which related to how much of the energy output of the phone was absorbed by the body. Some phones were way worse than others and if the antenna was not extended the numbers were really high. That was back in the analog phone era. Once digital phones came out the energy output dropped considerably and they were much safer. That was because the digital phones emitted energy in pulses, not as a continuous beam like analog phones did. Now with 5G phones, it remains to be seen what their output characteristics will be like. Hopefully, it is not a continuous stream of data from them which seems likely at least when you are holding it near your head and talking. FWIW, that company got out of the phone testing business when their insurance company raised their coverage rates through the roof. They did that only after touring the facility and seeing the phone testing systems. Apparently they were concerned about potential liability.

6. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    walking into people, trees, lampposts, falling down holes, treading in dog crap, its great :D

7. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    the best ones are the ones who always wear headphones, they have that "mug me" lit up. walk up behing them and crack on the back of the nut(or a lot lot worse), easy prey, dickheads.

Save the headphones for the bus or train, not on the streets. Be aware of you surroundings.

8. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Legitimate concerns does not equal conflicting scientific reports. NASA had legitimate concerns that going to the moon could bring back alien contagions. The concerns were then scientifically debunked and that's the end of that. Studying something doesn't mean that there will be an eternal shadow of doubt, the same way studying and proving a thousand times that homeopathy doesn't work doesn't mean that there's a shadow of doubt regarding its medical uselessness (although very profitable for certain companies that pray on the unscientific-minded).
    A ton of things cause cancer. People should center on the ones that actually make a difference (the sun, smoking, eating processed foods, etc.) not the ones that have already been proven to be wrong.

9. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    this talk is going to be OOT
    there is theory that human genetic itself prone causing cancer, thats why our body aging
    or else we can live much longer, its more like nature-things that create balance
    interested in topic start read from this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality
    and https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10294152/Lobsters-may-hold-the-key-to-eternal-life.html

for 5G itself, what is fact/logical is that
    1. it using higher freq. waves
    2. the wave coverage range is shorter than 4G thus need much more base-stations
    so that combo means human exposed more electromagnetic-waves than before

then every human is not same, some can more sensitive to electromagnetic-waves
    similar like people and display-pwm, those with sensitive-eyes can have issue with display "flicker"... while others just fine
    so for various reason, i am guessing 5G will be limited for a time being

anyway back to topic
    The specifications of Kirin 990 (5G) do not equal to specifications of mobile phones powered by Kirin 990 (5G).
    ↑ i have hard time getting the meaning, so smartphone with kirin 990(5G) is capped its power ? if so why?

never use phone with kirin SoC before... benchmark wise its not fall behind SD or Exynoss, it just the phone that using it limited i guess

10. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    There is plenty of peer reviewed science showing that wireless technologies cause various problems with humans.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5504984/
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355

There is nothing more entertaining than someone calling another person a flat earther when it is they who are clueless.

Nothing "gives" you cancer. You already have it in your body. Much of the science regarding cancer has been turned on its head in recent years.

Read the book, 'An Elegant Defense: The Extraordinary New Science of the Immune System: A Tale in Four Lives'

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Can't we just have long range wifi?...

Mine stops at the mail box....Grrrrrr...:p

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    someone wrote a few years back that the use of sunglasses was probably related to the rise of skin cancers.

13. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Windscale, chernobyl and all those a-bomb tests didnt help.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Reading your comments "gives" me cancer :D

15. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    There are loads of sites and scientist's that do not agree 100% probably the ones that are not commercially involved, no back handers, or fixed studies. Crikey history repeats itself all the time - tobacco was safe to smoke years ago, eggs were bad for you, and for fucks sake, look at the pharmaceutical world. Too much money involved here and not wanting to be technically behind - countries will bow down. I will not be around in 50yrs. Just 2 examples that shows no 100% agreement -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48616174

https://news.sky.com/story/is-5g-safe-for-your-health-11732308

The above 'sky 'shows where the government has denied independent surveys

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019

16. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Comparing tabacco's fiasco with radio signals. Yep, very convincing. What's next, chemtrails?

Also, have you even read the articles you sent?

"But crucially, because there are more transmitters, each one can run at lower power levels than previous 4G technology, which means that the level of radiation exposure from 5G antennas will be lower."

If anything, you should be concerned about 4G, not 5G.

"People are understandably concerned over whether they might elevate their risk of cancer, but it's crucial to note that radio waves are far less energetic than even the visible light we experience every day,"

And again... better be more concerned about plain visible light giving you cancer than radio waves (not even talking about UV light).

-"That light bulb gave me cancer!" while running in circles.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's not talk about cancer and phones giving you cancer *tinfoil hat on*

18. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Radio waves lol. 5G is high intensity microwaves. Did you ever put your phone over some eggs and used 4 g? or called someone? Eventually, it cooks. Now imagine years and years of phone use, right next to your brain.

Chemtrails are patented under geoengineering. Contrails evaporate right behind the plane.

• Patent 1892132 – December 27, 1932 – Atomizing Attachment For Airplane Engine Exhausts
    • Patent 3313487 – April 11, 1967 – Cloud Seeding Apparatus
    • Patent 3410489 – November 12, 1968 – Automatically Adjustable Airfoil Spray System With Pump
    • Patent 3432208 – November 7, 1967 – Fluidized Particle Dispenser
    • Patent 3608820– September 20, 1971 – Treatment of Atmospheric Conditions by Intermittent Dispensing of Materials Therein
    • Patent 3613992 – October 19, 1971 – Weather Modification Method
    • Patent 3630950 – December 28, 1971 – Combustible Compositions For Generating Aerosols, Particularly Suitable For Cloud Modification And Weather Control And Aerosolization Process
    • Patent USRE29142 – May 22, 1973 – Combustible compositions for generating aerosols, particularly suitable for cloud modification and weather control and aerosolization process
    • Patent 3659785 – December 8, 1971 – Weather Modification Utilizing Microencapsulated Material
    • Patent 2446250 – January 4, 2007 – A dust or particle-based solar shield to counteract global warming
    These patents are far too numerous to post. Here are some key ones relating to the spraying of the atmosphere. Mock it and call it tinfoil all you like. The tech is available to do it and is patented.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  19. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Radio waves lol. 5G is high intensity microwaves.
    Nope, they are low intensity.

Did you ever put your phone over some eggs and used 4 g? or called someone? Eventually, it cooks.
    If it's an egg that never rots, it would take millions of years to cook. But eggs rot, so no, eggs will never rot due to 4G.

Here's a mind control patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US9968780B2/en

airbud7 likes this.
  20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Hey, why the bug in your avatar not moving like in the old days?...it moves when I click on your profile though.
    I'm gonna wait on 6G .....Fast I tell ya!...:p