[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I did. Pulling out and placing them back solved the problem. BIOS showed me the faulty slot (I forgot about that feature). I would never guessed that such failure is possible - a half of the stick `s capacity gone.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    amdomly
    So, memory was ok, just wasn't seated in the slots correctly.

I have seen that but in my systems it was to high OC, it would ramdomly loss some of the memory, going down a notch fixed it 100%.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well taking the plunge, and getting a new rig, with Win 10 on (Gulp!) :p

This Win 7 rig, im going to be keeping as a back-up! :D

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think you'll be happy. Probably smack yourself a few times that it took you this long :D.

Rich_Guy likes this.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yep :D

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    notifications on 1809 build on my uncles pc seem broke again. no notification about wu updates in the action center yet again, but there are pending updates sitting in WU settings :)

Still cant use Meter connection to KEEP windows from downloading the updates, cause for some reason Meter connections out right disabled WU from do it daily checks.

Which leave me with option of let it download them. atlest MS separated the feature updates to point you must actual click "download and install now" and I have gut feeling even that is only optional too point where that even even get forced.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well first 1903 got forceable downloaded that I had to manually delete which was pain to keep it from install upon reboot not sure how 1903 got download cause I never clicked the "download and install now" link so i guess ms is still forcing stuff, then there was "store" update and the update broke the store. the store ice was flashing now it dark and crashes ahah. not that the store is used but hey they broke there store.

AC notifactions still dont work for WU ahhaah

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Everytime I do a clean install. I have to download and run ddu because windows is automatically installing Nvidia dhc driver instantly. And disable driver updates before that. Or it will instantly reinstall it again...

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    small price to pay for build "update" to actual work correct with out thing breaking? Honestly I do the DDU think anyway, pull ethernet cable before booting Windows for the first time, have DDU copies on secondary HDD that what I do to keep it from happen. Then again Windows should be procreating asking If i want those drivers install before installing them

HK-1 likes this.
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    If you use Pro you can use Policy to have WU ask for permission to download and/or install drivers.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

There are other sites with this info as well.

HK-1 likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @Chastity

yah i aware of all that, kinda screwed if you using home though., none the less MS should be asking use if we want that stuff installed before installing it via WU or better yet when the stealth install that stuff by bypassing the WU all together. I had quite a few driver updates go threw that by passed WU and had no history of in WU, but when I look at the install date of said drivers and drivers in app and programs it has completely different install date and version number that i keep track of these days.

Had this happen twice on my personal computer and atlest once on my uncles gaming pc. in both cases I was wonder why my pc was running games terrible and he was wonder why his pc was not running games that were running before., both cases MS stealth installed drivers bypassing the WU

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah metered connection on home 1809 build still isnt work WU still autodownloads and install updates, found similar complaints over at tenforums

13. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    maybe you should start using 3rd party tools like WUMT (windows update minitool) or WuMgr on your Win10 machine. I disable auto updates thru either WuMgr or WUMT and WU has not even got a chance to auto download nor auto install any updates...EVER!

btw, KB4512578 security update (build 17763.737) was released on Tue. Sept. 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/4512578/
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4512578

so far, I have no problems with the KB4512578 update on my Win10 LTSC 2019 (v1809) machine

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is a horrid idea for PC that is for some one doesnt even pay attention to updates or security issue. great idea for some one that know what they doing and knows about this stuff my uncle is not among them.

I dont want to not have updates on such systems I just want said systems for said people to NOTIFY about it before downloading or installing things. and Metered connection in home was the only way to do that or atlest it was on 1803 and earlier but for some reason on 1809 all it does is disable daily WU checks and still auto download thing when actual does check and find things.

1803 let notification in AC and everything in WU listed was asking to get it downloaded.

15. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb

16. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
  17. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    right here this my WinOS 10 LTSC modified after an endless search and reasoning finally got this feat; and after the installation I ran the sfc /scannow command and did not report any errors...:):p

Attached Files:

KissSh0t likes this.
  18. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Wow, what a way to revive an old thread.

19. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ^
    some problem dude ;)

mezball likes this.