Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Vietnam or cold war would have been much better imo

signex, shoja and XenthorX like this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    fully expected vietnam or futuristic/2143 style

signex, shoja and Dragam1337 like this.
  3. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Agree with the three posts before me, but I would much prefer Bad Company 3 over anything else. I loved BC2

XenthorX likes this.
  4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I put the game back on my HDD, loading times aren't as bad as BF4 though.

XenthorX likes this.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It's prob bc the game needs to download the patch, plus unpacking it plus changing the game's resource files and then repack everything. Would be easy to hit the 45 + 45 + 10 = 100 GB barrier i guess.

signex likes this.
  6. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Have a 3TB HDD for my game library and 250GB SSD for my OS, but only load games i play , otherwise i need a 6TB .
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    too big of a update for just 2 maps.. jesus

HARDRESET and cerebus23 like this.
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    These patch sizes are crazy. Each time there is a patch with BFV I feel like I am downloading the entire game again and on top of that the patch.

Thankfully I have fast internet and no cap, but a large amount of people do not and if things keep going this way I will have to get larger spaced SSD :p.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    it s a hassle, i v e just moved my game folder from C to D, and it took me 2 hrs to revalidate the files, it s a friggin hassle, and i hate origin

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I see they have just announced the guy in charge of FIFA has been promoted to overlord of Battlefield, Battlefront and NFS

https://www.ccn.com/ea-fifa-boss-europe/

I look forward to the trade cards that allow me to build my dream solider and his associated military support.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think the sad truth is that EA is just too big for itself. It's like an old Hollywood studio taking minimal risks at the age of Netflix.
    Looking forward the future and how majors (EA Blizzard etc...) will answer to their more disruptive opponents.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    netflicks not taking risks?

how is that working for them they lost how many millions last quarter?

they derided customers, they changed things people loved and they had zero reason to change but woke.

i disagree netflicks played it safe they played for clicks and like everyone else playing for clicks and traffic they lost that game because people got sick of it.

now they in deep financial do doo, and i am going high sea to check out the witcher because i am positive they ruined it. if netflicks had wanted to play it safe they would have avoided some of the "woke." bit of the woke might have drawn in a few new viewers but they went full bore with it.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I want a proper 2142 sequel, not only was that game fun but it had a great atmosphere and music. They need to bring the walkers back to those frozen icy environments... and despite its glitchiness I liked the Titan mode and I would like to see them do it again now that the technology is better. Defending the Titan in those tight corridors or trying to assault it from drop pods was great fun.

I would also like to see them revisit the mechanics from BF2 Special Forces... Ziplines and grappling hooks were such a fun mechanic in that type of game.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Netflix is taking more risks than large old hollywood studio like Universal Studios, was what was saying.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Ok i'm so confused, why does the game look waay smoother when i put settings on high lol makes no sense.

I prefer low to get highest frames as possible, but it's not as smooth as it should be.
    I think even Medium is less smooth, i still get well over 120fps on high and it looks just much smoother, it's weird...

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Maybe the higher setting are utilizing your hardware more efficiently? I have seen this same thing happen in other games (I've never noticed it), but I have read up on it. I don't know.

I understand you want more FPS, but your system seems good enough for ultra... Is it not an eye sore playing this on medium/low?

signex likes this.
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    well load times on bfv aren t too bad actually, 10 sec load on hdd and ur in the game already, bf4 was atrocious if used on an hdd, sometimes around 75 sec to load if not more

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Some kind of bottleneck alleviation maybe. Similar to what @TaskMaster was saying. Higher settings are probably allowing better hardware usage overall.

signex likes this.
  19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yea you guys could be right, but without much change in fps?
    Low doesn't look all that, I'm more focused on objectives and kills then graphics in shooters.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, but even low looks ok normally.
    The game isn’t supposed to look like twenty years old and no textures.
    They invested a lot of money for the immersion created, the game isn’t really competitive anyhow.