LG Intros 1MS UltraGear IPS gaming Monitor Lineup

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    At IFA 2019, Europeans will get their first look at LG Electronics’ (LG) expanded lineup of UltraGear 1 millisecond IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC gaming monitors designed specifically with serious gamer...

LG Intros 1MS UltraGear IPS gaming Monitor Lineup

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    27GL850 looks sexy.

Præses likes this.
  3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Fraks sakes... I almost got my hopes up for a moment there when i saw the 38" one. Then i realised it wasn't full 4K and the HDR on it was minimal. *Sigh*

4. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    This is very misleading. While technically the panels can reach 1ms, that is only possible with massive amounts of overshooting.
    It's just not practical to use them with that overdrive setting.

My guess is that it's simply a marketing stunt

5. JulianBr

JulianBr Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Well, that 38 inch is a beast! This is what i've been looking for.. just sad that it's only G-Sync, and not Freesync/AdaptivSync, would love to use it on my AMD card. I sold my 2080 Ti for a few months ago and I have no plans for changing back at least not until next year. (depends on what Intel, AMD and nVidia comes up with next year)

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

There is actually freesync one coming later this year.

7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    boring. I want an oled monitor. Or amoled. IPS is almost 20 years old already...

8. Abomlol

Abomlol Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
  9. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    well, that's a wash. Pump up the brightness to get the most contrast (unnecessary eye strain) and ruin the blacks in the process, proceed to complain about low contrast (your eyes hurting bcs 700+ constantly) and blacks are meh.

good job.

I would avoid that website (I actually do) since they have no idea what monitor picture should look like apparently.

better read this for more context and insight: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_27gl850.htm

monitor is no perfection but it beats any TN with ease. And if you are going to sit in the dark room and watch at 1000+ contrast pictures, good luck with your eyesight. Most of that contrast comes from way too much light, not the deep blacks (unless amoled/oled)

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Oled's seem to be suffering from terrible Burn-in and has to constantly run fixes while in Standby mode for this error correction.

Want we need is decent cheap Qled screens that don't suffer those same issues.

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    panasonic just showed us with their oled tv that image retention is actually not a problem if you cool the panel by means of having it mounted on aluminum instead of chinesium. Also, my monitor goes into standby every few hours or so, so it's not a problem. Also, most of us have dynamic content on monitors often enough that burn in shouldn't really be a big issue. Plus, I don't need it to last me 10+ years, 5 is fine. :p ( I have nexus 6p for over 4 years and have zero burn in on the screen. Granted, SOT is not that of a TV but still...)

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Rting does good job for tv not sure about monitor as that still rather new to them. Rting it usually my go to site for tv reviews as for monitor eh I use it more to see what black uniformity and response times are

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    gx-x likes this.
  13. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    They didn't calibrate the display so they got awful blacks (0.35 + instead of solid 0.14~0.15 black (not the best but not awful) which then gives bigger contrast ratio among other things). Like I said, it's not very good monitor, but it's not awful (~0.40 black are awful and they get there when you crank up brightness too high). It's not for critical graphics work, but considering it's meant for gaming, I mean, cmon :D

airbud7 likes this.
  14. HittriX

HittriX Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I would like to see a 3440*1440, high Hz, G Sync, IPS version.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if it was calibrated right or not the blacks and it uniformity are quite shitty even my tn monitor has better black uniformity then the majority of all the monitors I seen released since I got it as far uniformity goes and all IPS panels have worse blacks then that monitor 2, I was kind interested in this monitor but horrid blacks and with terrible uniformity just killed any thoughts I had of getting the 27"

16. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Luckily the LG 34GK950F already exists. :)

The price being the main downside.

There's also the LG 34GK950G if you insist on strict G-Sync over G-Sync Compatible but the F has a better feature set overall.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    What is more likely is dual-layer LCD with LED backlighting - but it is not cheap.

18. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    If you're going to buy this monitor - Read about the problems with it first. Lots of them die.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...en_problems_on_new_lg_34gk950f_please_advise/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...gk950f_with_color_and_alignment_issues_after/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/c7hmga/lg_34gk950fb_issues_big_surprise/

Mine experiences the same problem, and I'm now on return to LG round 2 because they failed to fix it the first time. I wouldn't recommend this monitor to anymore, and would also encourage people to stay away from LG generally as their support has been horrendous.

Exodite likes this.
  19. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Thank you for the information!

I'm not in the market myself at this point, though I've watched some reviews of it and the feature set is robust. Quality control is, of course, another thing entirely and one I have no experience with regarding this monitor - or LG in general.

I only mentioned it because HittriX asked about a 3440*1440 version and that technically exist. :)

20. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    As strictly gamer, had thoughts about this IPS 1ms monitors, even 240hz, but all of them have flaws. Panel lottery is always present so u can have clouding, blb, and glow. IPS glow. My TN glows too, but has no blb, almost 0 clouding and 0 dead pixels.
    And. I am fan of strobing, for blur reduction. None of IPS panels have done it right(maybe asos pg279q has it with ulb 144hz good) but rest doesn't have it at all, or flawed, like with double after images, ghosting or bad overdrive artifacts.
    Xl2546 isn't perfect but I managed to make it work almost perfectly with 240hz and blurr reduction off and 144hz with clear image, faint shadow only and a lot better effect than on my old xl2720z with blue reduction enabled. And a lot better colours too. 144hz is a lot more friendly for me for smooth and competitive gaming. Just see enemy just because his moves are not hidden by screen slow pixel translation and blur is must for me.
    Still waiting for OLED or uLED screens....