Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Definitely. I just stumbled upon the fridge mission. God, that thing is hard to beat!

2. Boss fights a pretty annoying in this game and believe me the Fridge boss is very easy compared to the one in the underground where the Mold lives... Just another stupid way to increase gameplay time, otherwise it would be a sub 5 hours game.

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yes, I tried to beat that after beating the fridge thing and I miserably died, so I'll go back there once Jesse gets a bit stronger. I do not agree about what you wrote: Bosses must be challenging, you wouldn't call them boss fights otherwise... What i learnt from previous encounters is that for every one of them there is a specific strategy to use, as well as specific powers. Once you get that it becomes easy to kill them. What I really do not like is the checkpoint system which forces you to repeat sections in order to reach your objectives. In case of death, they could have implemented a thing like "Reload from last boss fight" or "Reload from last freeroaming area".

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    Alan Wake was amazing. yeah, added it to the list. will wait for a Steam release..
    thanks for the comment.

it becomes more and more common now that some games are EGS exclusive on release, so
    i might as well enjoy Control next year with more updates\patches on release. will never install EGS on my system :)

Kolt likes this.

5. You probably have higher threshold for challenging vs annoying, which is alright especially in games without difficulty settings :) Stupid game mechanics including respawning at control point, which forces you to walk the same area again and again are beyond challenging for me, such mechanics are plain and simple annoying. And as a casual player, I don't need to be "challenged" in bossfights by random instakills by falling through ground in case of The Fridge or ridiculous damage output in case of The Mold. There is no way to go around this, this game has so many annoying mechanics to artificially prolong the gameplay time, like confusing map without HUD navigation, no proper save/load or checkpoint system, no fast travel from current position, spawning multiple waves of enemies, no difficulty settings etc...

---
    And to combat in general, well... considering almost every hit from higher enemy can reduce you life to a half and game can spawn multiple enemies right behind you or above you, there is a big problem with player awareness in such a fast paced combat. KB+M players have really big advantage here because 180 degree rotation with mouse is so much faster and yet the difficulty setting is the same for all platforms. In the end players realize that throwing objects is actually the only viable option in large fights, because (when upgraded) the damage is brutal and you don't even have to aim. That also makes guns pointless in the end. Another problem is health management, which usually forces player with low health to go right between multiple enemies to regain his health, which is completely stupid. I definitely expected more from a Remedy game. This feels like a game from small indie developer built on Remedy's engine. Considering all these annoying "features", gameplay time and story, this is a 4/10 game. Selling this for 60 dollars is just outrageous. Shame on me buying games just for nice visuals :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2019
    -Tj- likes this.
  6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The noise,shadow weird thingy going on in the game, I do not know what to call it but it does annoy me,the game can look great but at times it is a mess.

Example:Restart for all resolutions,continuous recording on shadowplay and restart of game between resolution change for anyone interested.

3840x2160 native resolution scale 3840x2160 + 4xMsaa
    1920x1080 resolution scale 3840x2160
    3840x2160 native resolution scale DLSS 2560x1440

jura11 likes this.
  7. Loster

Loster Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It is a Ray Traced Feature, in this case it is coused by the Ray Traced Indirect Diffuse Lightning.

As far as i know, this generation of Raytracing uses only one lightbounce which results in a noisy image, which needs to be filtered out.

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great thanks.

9. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Just thinking if OC my Waterforce AOrus Xtreme 2080 Ti will make sense to that game?
    I mean in critical dips to 40 fps on 1440P all HIGH it will help?

Now its stock,no oc,power limit 100%. Maybe try to raise power limit ?

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    SO... the PS4 is truly awful.
    Rented a copy to try, and... good lord.

Hitching, jerking, pauses and stutters. Plus the sluggish frame crawls.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk why you even tried it on console without trying PC first, it will just ruin your experience.

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Plenty of people in this thread are ruining their experience on the PC version by scrutinizing the FPS counter at the top of their screen instead of playing and enjoying. Pro-tip: RTX OFF.

TheDeeGee and jbscotchman like this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Haha so true on so many levels. This is why I bought a 1660 Ti instead of a 2060. If I had a 2060 I would just be constantly frustrated trying to run RTX with crappy results.

Dragam1337 and TheDeeGee like this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I only ever turn on the FPS counter if I'm experiencing issues.
    Otherwise, I leave that off.

I've noticed most people, if they've got that up... they spend more time watching the FPS then actually playing the game.

Archvile82, scatman839 and MerolaC like this.
  15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, if you want to play at 4K... yes.
    If your'e good with 1080p, Quantum Break is easy to attain a solid 60fps in. And, you can use Nvidia's Freestyle filters to apply a sharpening filter and counter the game's blur.

16. Unfortunately with Adaptive VSYNC you can spot dips below 60 almost instantly even without FPS counter.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yeah , EGS is at it again , crashing when i'm trying to install control

other games in my library installs just fine , only control crashes it lolz

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm running Rivatuner all the time without turning it ever off, i barely look at it, only when running a game for the first time and change settings until i'm satisfied.
    But after that it doesn't bother me at all.

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

At 4k not sure, but I played at 3440x1440 with everything at max with RT maxed, turned off DLSS, SSAO and Screen Space Reflections Quality and FPS have been quite good in 70-85FPS mostly, there have been some dips but nothing major

With DLSS game doesn't look good at all, its mess on ultrawide monitor

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Patch Today,I have read that they may have fixed the bad graphics with all the noise in the game,going to try to play again.

EDIT:The game patch did indeed fix the noise in the game on textures,ray traced indirect diffuse lighting is also fixed.This should be awesome now without distraction.

GENERAL
    • Bug and crash fixes to missions, combat and overall game play
    • Fixed multiple issues with the PC launcher related to DX11/DX12 crashes
    PERFORMANCE
    • Improved title stability on all platforms
    • Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content
    UI
    • Improved map loading times (map will no longer tease information)
    • Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu – Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu
    • Fixed incorrect UI behaviour on ultra-wide monitors (PC) – Fixed multiple issues when incorrect subtitles are shown for multiple languages
    • Fixed issue when the game centers the aim on Jesse’s head – Fixed multiple UI related issues
    PROGRESSION
    • Fixed an issue when player could not acquire ‘Pierce Charging Efficiency’ and ‘Spin Grouping Efficiency’ upgrade
    • Fixed issue when Crafting Charge and personal Mods would not give the Weapon/Mod but take the materials (Sorry. The Board was greedy) – Fixed issue that prevented players activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade
    • Fixed issue when Jesse is unable to cleanse the ‘Transit Corridor South’ Control point upon returning from Prime Candidate Program area in the mission The Face of the Enemy – Fixed an issue when Heptonstall would not spawn during certain story missions in the “Old Friends” side-mission (still looking for his buddy Remus)
    • Fixed issue when Hiss Barrier remains in the Directorial Override mission’s Control Room if the player dies during the binding cut scene
    SOUND
    • Fixed issue when certain licensed music tracks play after enabling the ‘Mute Copyrighted Tracks’ option
    • Fixed and issue when audio is out of sync in the Dr Darling videos (PS4)
    MISC
    • Fixed issue with the Charge weapon forms erroneous blast radius causing (way) too much visual damage to the environments
    • Fixed an issue where game would stall when completing a story mission and unlocking a trophy (PS4)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Undying likes this.