[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H2 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Chastity, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I was offered the 18363.329 Update over WU yesterday, and updated. Seeing how it is September, I guess it's time to start the new thread. :)

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    .1019 is out too for insiders on the slow ring which is also joining together the prior separate features off and features on updates and for the release preview branch Microsoft changed it so 100% of all users are now eligible for .327 or .329 meaning the upgrade path to 18363.xxx which carries over many of the 19H2 features from the 18362.1000 builds. :)

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...w-build-18362-10019-19h2/#xwsic83hJijjbJyj.97

The rest is basically a feature summary and highlight of some of the 19H2 features but now updated further and enabled for everyone so no more dual updates. :)

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is really time for the new build, I though MS was stop with twice year new build junk

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    A CPU may have multiple “favored” cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class).
    To provide better performance and reliability, we have implemented a rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores.

Did anyone saw any noticeable difference?

5. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I cant even find where the setting is for this...

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its a policy, not a setting.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am assuming this should result in work load being more evenly distributed ? Which I would like wonder if it does actual work in practice.

0,1,2,3,4,5,6 have tend to have 20% load and the 7 has like 60% more times then not

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    This "implemented a rotation policy that distributes work" sound to be more for Ryzen chiplets thing where they can pic best core in each module and then rotate the load among them to limit power/heat issues and maybe lengthen lifespan.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    which is also great seeing my next system is gona be ryzen, unless something changes in next 2 years, which will be round bout time I do a new system

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    18363.356 popped out today KB4515384

Improvements and fixes
    This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 32-Bit (x86) versions of Windows (CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions.)
    • Addresses an issue that causes high CPU usage from SearchUI.exe for a small number of users. This issue only occurs on devices that have disabled searching the web using Windows Desktop Search.
    • Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Wireless Networking, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Server.

HK-1 and Jackalito like this.

11. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    they have. it's just that 1909 is pretty much a "retreaded" 1903 or 1903 "service pack" delivered as a "cumulative" update, not a big feature update like last year's Oct. update (aka 1809 which was an unmitigated disaster that took several months for MS to fix with several re-releases)

12. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    um KB4515384 is actually an update for 1903 that actually has build 18362.356.
    it's this small kb4517245 "enablement pack" that updates the build from 18362.xxx to 18363.xxx but the actual core system files are still at build 18362.xxx (ahh that's MS's little secret)

btw, 1909/19H2 is not quite finalized/RTMed yet; more like RC to me (RTM may actually happen towards the end of September or the start of October)

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and from what I been reading the disaster keeps on growing. the whole WU thing is still huge mess forced updates, updates that break things. I think at this point MS need to give every version of windows the legit ability to make windows ASK before downloading and installing things.

There Q/A is to shitty to actual make such an idea of forced updates work and the last few years of this has been proof of it.

People been say for years to me iOS updates are no better, and from that past 3 years I been forced to use iPhone I have religiously put threw updates and went from 10 to 11 and now 12 iOS and let me tell you there updates actual worked without fubar things like windows.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think this is the thread for 1903?

I installed 1903 for the first time yesterday, first experience was not being able to boot into windows once it had installed... once managing to get it to actually boot all I can say is this is the most frustrating version of 10 so far..... I swear Microsoft is going out of it's way to stop people from setting up Windows to work a certain way instead forcing it to work how Microsoft want it to work.

The only good thing I can say about it is that my sound card worked by default "X-Fi XtremeMusic", and that it is not forgetting default file type associations like every single previous version has for me, and also having UAC disabled seems to have no buggy effects..... that I've noticed at least so far.

15. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    but there are some current problems with apple's new iOS 13 as mentioned in these blogs:
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/ios...t-popular-iphone-games-right-now-527510.shtml
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/do-...tates-department-of-defense-says-527485.shtml
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/d7u91h/went_to_update_payment_info_showed_me_some_random/

back on topic - KB4517211 (build 18362.385 for 1903 / build 18363.385 for 1909) released in the RP ring 9/23:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ing-the-throttled-delivery-approach-for-19h2/

JonasBeckman and Jackalito like this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

nope.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    All the random numbers are starting to become confusing xD

18. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    It’s 1909 (19H2) now. H1 is for a major overhaul and H2 is something like a service pack for the existing OS version that mostly changes a lot of things under the hood. The first numbers (19 in this case) show the OS version.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    at the end of last month I clean installed this build. I just now found now, that windows is saying my soundblaster ZxR doesnt support spatial sound, which also mean no sonic audio or dolby atmos , it was working before I clean installed the system. I updated and reinstalled drivers and it still wont work. when trying to activate atmos headphone in the dolby access app. it gives configuration error. I uninstalled it and reinstall the app and still has problem changing the setting.

I switched over to my onboard audio and atmos works instantly......

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    1903 up to 18362.xx and then 1903 with the feature update turning the build to 1909 and then the insider updates for 18363.xx so yeah.

Coupled with the slow channel and users running on 18362.10019 but that's somewhat outdated now since the prior and this current .385 update include all features in a enabled state plus the previous and current cumulative updates released since .10019 got released.
    (Like Cortana and it's little issue if Bing isn't on and hanging on some script cache and then this latest small update for a security fix in Internet Explorer.)

Getting close to a full 1909 release and 19H2 18363.xxx whatever it ends at though I'm thinking, hopefully one last update bridging the various rings to the same build (Unless users jump to 20H1) and then a release soon after even if it might push it to October depending on what remains to be tested or possibly fixed before it can be launched on the general release channel and go live. :D

Yes there's a number of numbers for this update and a few different ways to get one of these updates but it's starting to come together now and there's not much left and then this is all over with and it's a few more cumulative updates until 20H1 and then a yearly release cycle.

Which I find about time to really get issues sorted out and fixed up and also more features per update and less "re-installs" of the OS although I'd like this service model to be more used too if possible.
    (Guess a reinstall is pretty tested by now though and it works well enough even if some settings need to be re-adjusted and the GPU driver generally requires a re-install but it's not too bad overall.)