Intel's all 5 GHz cores Core i9 9900KS Processor Available next month (October)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    I got lucky with my K, I guess Intel has refined the old process and is shitting out golden samples these days.

That last slide is very triggering lulz Adobe did a Rick Roll

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There's a huge difference between that and bringing something up just to troll. It's fine to be excited about a product, but blasting out another product when there was no mention of it is not needed. That's how issues start.

3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    If he wrote ALL the 8 threads at 5Ghz he could add KS after his name.....

4. msotirov

msotirov Guest

GPU:
    rx 480
    Wow, Intel playing up their gaming strength means they must be shitting their pants. That's pretty much the only area where they still have a slight edge.

ToxicTaZ likes this.

5. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I'm using 9900K with NH-D15 perfectly fine. Stop spreading ignorant uneducated nonsense.

ToxicTaZ likes this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I used to have NH-D14. Those are around top you can get. So while you are right that given CPU is likely able to be air cooled. Power draw there is not very nice.

On other hand. They could have used 280mm radiator. So it may not be as bad... remains to be seen.

7. yeeeeman

yeeeeman Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    You can have it now. Just buy 9900K, update CPU name under windows registry to 9900KS and slap an OC to it to 5Ghz. Did I mention this is the cheaper solution?

8. kviksand81

kviksand81 Member

GPU:
    ASUS VEGA 56 STRIX
  9. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    tell that to the guys constantly bringing up "the fastest" Obviously the KS will be the fastest so all others are irrelevant. Especially since you can't save a buck and oc the cheaper ones.

10. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Hold your horses cowboy and clear that blue glow from your eyes for a moment so you can read and understand - I was talking about the article because on another site there is more information about this demo :

11. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    when people joking with intel 14nm++++
    but most of time matured product have better quality, as its more polished
    i thinking that OC headroom, is the only thing intel have left with their 14nm process...
    their next 7nm might have same behavior to tsmc's, well we have to see later on release

smaller + new process already pushing to the limit, i am guessing that what make almost no room for such OC
    but not that it cant be improved, as its mature, it should be more efficiency etc.

thats why often new-fresh-products not always better

seeing at all these things, really, there nothing "the-best" ... some product might be better, but that also have some cons in it...

kviksand81 and ToxicTaZ like this.
  12. Catroqui

Catroqui Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080/1080 Ti
    Do you remember when this forum was actually good? People really helped each other and did great and inspiring stuff with theirs computers; now it's just a bunch of crying babes bashing about everything, f...ing hell, this is well over. Congratulations millennials you ruined yet another forum.

malitze, ToxicTaZ, carnivore and 3 others like this.
  13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's still a very good forum with lots of helpful threads/users - there has always been polarizing topics especially when it comes to brand fanboyism. Just need mods to crack down on the problem users - hand out more infractions for flamebaiting especially, because that's usually how it starts.

The first two posts in this thread for example (which vbetts already called out) it's just rife with commentary that's purposely there to incite negative responses. It doesn't add anything to the discussion or topic - that kind of stuff needs to be cracked down on across the forum. But overall I think it's mostly just as good as it's always been, I do miss a few of the old users that use to comment but hobbies change, people move on, etc.

Evildead666, Fox2232, malitze and 6 others like this.
  14. circus2050

circus2050 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Intel can show whatever at this point.
    3900x demand is as high as it can be.
    I still have a week of waiting for my 3900x. D'oh!

My 8700K has 25% usage just to handle a freaking steam download.
    Meanwhile a 2700x has 8% usage for the same task.

Intel needs to drop a new secure architecture.
    I couldn't care less about the high clocks that intel cpus have or the games that benefit from that.
    These Intel folks are deluded if they think higher clocks can make up for the security flaws their cpus have. :D

15. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Fantastic - just done the same thing with my Amd 2600, put an S on on it must be Nvida and an intel thingy. Now I its a thread-ripper running at 6Ghz
    Thank you so much :p:D;):)

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    My thought exactly. Nice to see g3d on top :)

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ryan Shrout made the slides - he's referenced Guru3D on the PCPER podcast dozens of times. Doesn't seem that surprising now that he's working for Intel but yeah it's still cool and I guess one benefit, for the review community, of having him onboard. That being said a lot of those slides are misleading.

-Tj- likes this.
  18. OmniDyne

OmniDyne Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970/ 4GB
    Among the vast majority of individuals who play at 1080p 60hz; this makes you a minority.

It's absolutely representative of performance scaling. 720p testing has always been a thing, that's far from new. That being said, many outlets have moved on to 1080p being the standard.

If you have a super high refresh rate monitor, 1080p testing is extremely important.

Yes, thank our corporate overlords for making money off of us, because they care about us so much.

You can't prove this, but competition is always a great thing. You forget higher core counts already existed, they were just more expensive. You really think the situation would have been different had Intel been the underdog? No.

gx-x likes this.
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Are you expeting this to be cheaper than the current 9900K? I´m assuming that it´s going to be at least the same price or even more and for me that´s every expensive for this CPU, specially with AMDs offerings but that´s my opinion.

Don´t worry i know very well that i´m not the consumer for this kind of hardware but that doesn´t mean i can have an opinion about it.

True. Everybody likes to help and even on more "obscure/strange" problems or advices there are always a couple of members who understand about them and are willing to help. Thanks to them i´ve bought a great monitor and more recently some very cool speakers for my system! Of course there are always some heated discussions but nothing out of the ordinary. And if we compare it against other forums then Guru3d is like heaven...

20. And it has been a useful resource for many years. We (the computer savvy) need to be the ones that lead by example on how we should conduct ourselves online. Be good to each other. Save all the drama, trolling, and snippy BS for the facebook crowd.

ToxicTaZ likes this.