The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. I said it before and I'm going to say it again... You can't add proper RT/RTX/DXR to a game without access to source code. You need to change a lot of low-level stuff to make it work, including occlusions, visibility etc. These ReShade RTX ON mods are either total fake or semi-fake -> firing a few random rays to a scene is not ray-traced lighting.

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Dunno if this was posted before but since i been minecrafting and uploading the tubes been recommending me minecraft videos and i thought this one was amazing and topical.

3. max2

max2 Member Guru

I am still not sure if I like the game. No offense. I just can't stand all the dialog. Do I have to read it all to get through the game?
    Does Witcher 1 or 2 have less dialog ?

Is it worth it?

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There are some great stories and the dialogue usually helps tell those stories.... so I guess it is worth it if you want to learn the story *shrug*

max2 likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sounds like you should play some other genre of games.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Why did you buy a RPG, if you don't like having dialogue? That's like one of the key elements of the genre. Also, the Witcher games are known for having a lot of conversations, so maybe you should try another series of games.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    RPG without story/dialogue is something like Diablo.
    Or maybe try something like „For Honor“, if you’re just looking for some medieval action.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    No, you can just listen to it. :p

But seriously, if you don't like complex and deep stories in RPGs, then don't play this. Me for example, I really can't stand JRPGs. I don't need to ask if it's worth playing the Final Fantasy games. I know they're not worth playing, because I can't stand that kind of game. It doesn't matter how good of a JRPG a game is, it's still a JRPG so it's never going to be for me. In the same manner, it doesn't matter how good a story and dialogue-heavy RPG The Witcher is. It's still a story and dialog-heavy RPG and it was developed as such. Story/dialogue is at the center of The Witcher games.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you want a deep RPG with basically no dialogue or any exposition, Dark Souls.

Action RPG though but Witcher 3 has ARPG style combat so similar. Vaguely.

drandiiski likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't see anything similar between witcher and dark souls... at all. Dark souls has no real story, just try-hard combat that only appeal to try-harders...

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    ^^ That was the whole point of his post - that it is an alternative RPG if you are looking for more combat and less to no story.

(even though there is actually a lot of story in the souls games, but it is not in your face, rather letting you engage with it as you please)

AsiJu likes this.
  12. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Look, m8, if it would only appeal to try-harders, I wouldn't have played all three games. The combat has had some jank in all the games (albeit different from instalment to instalment), but it's mostly fine (a few bosses are rage inducing, but mostly in the first game's dlc). My guess you've never played the game, and only paid attention to the memes in the (often) insufferable fanbase.

AsiJu likes this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    "I don't see anything similar between witcher and dark souls... at all."

That was kind of the whole point... (the only vague similarity being combat, as in ARPG type in Witcher 3, though obviously Dark Souls' combat is in a league of its own).

"Dark souls has no real story, just try-hard combat that only appeal to try-harders.."

That couldn't be more inaccurate but whatever.

As I can only assume you're not too familiar with the series and are likely looking for an argument I have no interest parttaking in.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    emperorsfist likes this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    "My guess you've never played the game" and you'd be wrong - i did give it a go, as some people were praising the series. The game is try-hard combat, and nothing else. And as someone who usually sets the difficulty to easy in rpg's, as i am mostly just interested in the story, dark souls was really not a game for me.

But then again, try-harders never admit to being such.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well that’s a lot of presumptions here, so I wouldn’t bother even answering. And since this is the Witcher 3 thread, may be it is best to stop with the Souls comments. There is a thread for that if you insist :)

AsiJu and emperorsfist like this.

16. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You sure that it's just that you don't like any sort of challenge when it come to actually playing the game? Because DS isn't that hard, no matter what memes the fanbase spreads. It only requires you to pay attention and learn a few things (like managing your stamina and not running around wildly). The fact that you admit to putting everything on easy gives you no right to calling anything or anyone a tryhard.

As for that last bit. $hit players also never admit that they're $hit, you presumptuous, puffed up cretin.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Spoken like a true try-harder.

When i play games, i do so to relief stress... hence why games such as witcher suits me perfectly. If i wanted challenges, i would stayed more hours at work.

Perhaps you should take a look at who actually started the dark souls comments - hint : it wasn't me, i only responded to it.

18. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I better go hang out with the true Scotsman, then. I heard he makes some good haggis.

"I want my games to be easy and non-challenging, therefore every game with any sort of unavoidable challenge is for try-hards." Gotcha.

19. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You started the whole "DS is for try-hards". So don't act innocent.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Listen, we obviously game for different reasons... let's leave it at that.