Intel's all 5 GHz cores Core i9 9900KS Processor Available next month (October)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    New hardware is always fun, no matter the color :D

Clanger and Mesab67 like this.
  2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Still too expensive... Intel needs to release better stuff or to drop the prices of the existing one...

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes but what was said was not fanboyish. AMD CPU’s are not hitting heir advertised boost clocks and Intel is. What about that statement has people so butthurt. AMD fans are actually defending this false advertising. That should sicken you more than Intel fanboys telling the truth.
    Let’s play a game of, “who didn’t read the news article”

It literally said in there no announcement on price. I get assuming that it will cost more than the 9900k but Intel might actually price this right and officially cut the current lines prices.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    The fastest allways costs extra premium.

If you don't like it, don't buy it ;)

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    serious question who doesn't reach 5ghz on all cores ? do they know they should clock the northbridge lower ?
    I only know one other 9900k and he can reach 5.0 easy like me...we bought it early (mine was a tray cpu, we have no problem with the warranty for them here) maybe the batch was better ?
    i can do 5.0@1.25v 75-85°C with an aio corsair h150ipro i can also run 5.1@1.36v but it's only for gaming, when I ran cinebench I was closer to 100 than 90 like that lol (watts jump like +60 for that 100Mhz)
    p.s.
    no disrespect but if you care about a 100$ difference on a top of the line high-end cpu you're out of your league, you should have a Ti card with it a proper motherboard nvme etc...
    I speak from experience as I bought what was basically a WRC race car which almost bankrupted me >< being able to "barely" buy something does not mean it's a good idea to do so, just saying ;)

6. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    The fastest in what area? Gaming? You know there are other areas like productivity, where Ryzen just destroy Intel.

Thought we were speaking of gaming results, as that's what the fanboys are proud of.

7. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Exactly.

News item 1: "Intel says Ryzen 3000 isn't as good as people think it is, haha what salty losers"
    News item 2: "In other news, there's a bug and/or artificial limitation with Ryzen 3000 that makes it not as good as people think it is"

AMD fans: Who cares. No big deal. I'm happy cause I hate Intel.

Okay then.

nizzen likes this.
  8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Naw he is a ++++++ fanboy. IDC. Go read all of his post in many AMD threads. Gonna put the bleep on block list anyways.

9. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
  10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    As much flak as AMD deserve, I'd still take a 3900X over a 9900K any day. Especially considering I didn't need a new mobo, just swapped CPUs for one that ended up way cheaper than a 9900K. Mine at a measly 4.3GHz, without anything optimized or properly tuned yet, with crap running in the background, is scoring 3400 in Cinebench R15... which is not artificial no matter how much Intel yell and scream it is. It's a benchmark for Cinema 4D, which someone should tell Intel, is in fact a real thing. Funny how it was one of their recommended benchmarks to reviewers before AMD starting winning it hands down.

I play at 1440p 144 fps, not this mythical 720p 960 fps, which is now a thing in reviews despite the fact that it's non-representative of what CPU performance scaling actually is. Current performance aside, I'm absolutely sure Zen performance will go up over time and Intel's will drop more with their currently available chips as more crap ends up patched. I doubt it'll be a small amount either. From what I can tell, right now programs can end up randomly using Zen 2's SMT threads, instead of main threads, not just from different CCXs, but different CCDs entirely. That's tanking the performance Zen 2 should have.

geogan likes this.

11. Zhyr

Zhyr Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 SLI
    Everyone should be thanking AMD for Ryzen regardless of the current issues with the 3000 series.

They stopped Intel releasing the same slightly higher clocked parts and actually made the CPU market move forward again.

Order_66, HonoredShadow, -Tj- and 2 others like this.
  12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Let's be perfectly honest, the industry standard would most definitely still be 4 cores, if AMD didn't release Zen. Less than 2 years ago I was on a 4c/8t chip running at 4.2GHz because the price on anything greater was even more outrageous than the already-outrageous price of the 4 core parts. Now I'm on a 12c/24t chip that can (I presume at least) run at 4.4GHz with the right settings, which has notably higher IPC as well. Before that previous 4 core chip? Another 4 core chip running at 4.2GHz. Before that? 4 core again. 2007, two-thousand-procreating-seven, was when the Q6600 was released.

-Tj-, carnivore and Mesab67 like this.
  13. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    The worrying thing is that they used a Corsair 240mm AIO liquid cooler in the presentation - seems that air cooling for intel is a thing of the past...

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    It's not really new hardware though it's a binned 9900k. Yeah it's cool to be sure to win the silicon lottery but if the price difference is significant then well not so much.

I was mind blown when i learned the 9700k did not have hyper-threading personally. It's not an issue right now but it could definitely becomes one if someone intend to keep the cpu for 7-8 years. Core i5 without hyper-threading yeah sort of okayish but Core i7 WTF?

Order_66 and Neo Cyrus like this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

AMD fans are always the worst no exception, they go full hive mind - like right now, where on the amd reddit they are seething with rage over derpbauers video lol.

The same fans that should have stepped back and let bulldozer fail instead of validating it just to keep being "fans".

as a tech enthusiast, a product has to be allowed to fail if its not good - or the company producing it gets the wrong idea and doubles down on that wrong direction.

as a tech enthusiast, Ryzen is good, has had teething problems on every iteration (that is not a good sign, what happened to learning from the past), and could do better.

Intel screwed the industry big time with its lack of proper bug validation, they got too big for their boots.

16. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    No :p

That's why I have threadripper 1950x and ryzen 3900x

Noobs3d.com

17. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Good chip if it does , but they are peeling their best spuds now as they have got bugger all to fall back on !

Intel, ' Everybody is waiting for your next harvest to see what you come up with.' :D

Clanger likes this.
  18. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Is the second time i hear someone talking about a block list. Where is it? how can i add people to that?

19. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    They are not obsolete. If the rumor is true, they will be just less overclockable.

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hey, at least guru3d made it onto Intel's press release slides... o_O

-Tj- likes this.