Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You can now download release Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 This release adds support and performance improvements for the upcoming launch of Gears 5. Download...

Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1

Support For
    • Gears 5
    • Up to 8% performance improvement in Gears of War 5 running DirectX® 12 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.1 vs. 19.8.2. RS-31
    Added Vulkan Support
    • VK_AMD_device_coherent_memory
    • This extension adds device coherent and device uncached memory types. Device coherent and uncached memory are expected to have lower performance for general access than non-device coherent memory but can be useful in certain scenarios particularly so for debugging.
    • VK_EXT_calibrated_timestamps This extension provides an interface to query calibrated timestamps obtained quasi simultaneously from two time domains such as host and device time domains.
    • ▪ VK_EXT_line_rasterization - This extension adds some line rasterization features that are commonly used in CAD applications and that are supported in other APIs like OpenGL. These features include Bresenham-style line rasterization, smooth rectangular lines (coverage to alpha) and stippled lines for all three line rasterization modes.
    • ▪ VK_EXT_shader_demote_to_helper_invocation - This extension adds Vulkan support for the SPV_EXT_demote_to_helper_invocation SPIR-V extension. The SPIR-V extension provides a new instruction that allows shaders to "demote" a fragment shader invocation to behave like a helper invocation for its duration. The demoted invocation will have no further side effects and will not output to the framebuffer but remains active and can participate in computing derivatives and in subgroup operations. This is a better match for the "discard" instruction in HLSL.
    Fixed Issues
    • Launching RGB Fusion 2.0 may cause a system hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 Driver Version 19.30.01.50 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.13001.50005)

OnnA, Jackalito, Embra and 3 others like this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    No mention about 75Hz bug or HW acceleration being fixed in Firefox, great.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No problem here with the direct update via Radeon Settings.
    It probably was locked for some reason and didn't update in your PC.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Those idiots from microsoft tried to push their own driver via windows update while i was installing this one and totally ****** up my installation. I had to disable internet connection to install the driver, jeez. Was doing a clean install via DDU. Btw, driver installed and works fine now.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the DCL or what it's name is drivers, moment you uninstall the old one if you're doing a clean install it will pull a driver from Windows Update so that can be a problem though it's mostly just a hassle and some extra cleanup and then installing the new driver without net access. :)

Only profile difference with these is that Gear5.exe is now Gears5.exe so a small correction to the profile for Gears of War 5 there.

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah thanks Jonas i kinda knew that but totally forgot this time. Eh, what a mess.

8. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Is there really no way to switch it to manual-only updates for drivers? That just seems broken.

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Oh, yeah.
    When I do a full reinstall, I just download the driver package before hand, disable internet and then uninstall and install.

10. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    I'm gonna wait for my RX 5700 XT to arrive and then install them (This is me being happy for my new toy)

Jackalito likes this.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This happens to me all the damn time. Even when telling DDU to stop it from installing a driver upon restart. It pisses me off. Windows will install 17.1.1 while I am installing a new driver. This literally crashed and destroyed my windows install two weeks. Lets just say I sent a very nasty email to Micotards in charge of this at MS.

Undying likes this.
  12. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    Freesync still doesn't work with dual-monitor setups. Time to switch back to 19.6.3 I guess :(

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Download the full version (not the minimal one) but don't install it yet
    Uninstall completely manual or
    Use your favorite DDU :)
    Install the complete version of driver previously downloaded in "admin mode"
    Now M$ doesn't push the lite radeon driver and you will be able to download future driver via "Radeon setting/ update" (this time it will be always minimal version downloaded)

Embra and Undying like this.
  14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Same here TV set is freesync and tactile isn't, but i have to disable tactile to have freesync working on TV...
    So i get rid of it as this driver work fine

15. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Hmm, when I (clean) install Andrenallin driver it auto disables internet access while updating

ps: vram is still speed jumpin when idle hence same fault

Undying likes this.

16. matke84

matke84 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 580
    It is very interesting that for months amd has not been releasing the recommended driver but only an optional one.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Freesync works prefectly with this driver and milti monitors you just need to make sure they are all the same refresh rate and possible pixel format. You can just windows key+P and select PC screen only while you play when you are done just extend displays (if you want to keep higher refresh rate on your main monitor).

18. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    Since went from H67 + i5 to B450 + Ryzen 5 when installing Radeon Software (even 19.5.2-6.3-7.5) it disables/disconnects my hard drives during setup o_O

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Is it worth to report any bugs to AMD at all? I reported a bug with 75Hz set on LCD, BSOD with Firefox when HW acceleration is enabled and nothing has been done for three driver revisions already.
    Not to mention, they didn't even acknowledge it in readme notes under Known Issues.

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Do what I do, disable your Ethernet adapter right before you uninstall the current driver end re-enable it only after you're done DDU'ing and re-installing the newer driver. My ISP provides some sort of CDN caching and it takes a split second for the Microsoft Windows Update driver to download itself again and this is the only way I can get around this.