Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't have Control.

Just reposting what others had told me.

2. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Yeah mine isn't no where near that bad either... I've seen it a few times though and party poison is probably right it's from switching graphics while in game a lot. I haven't seen it since not touching it.

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yeah that noise problem occurs when you activate and deactivate rtx effects in game. It messes up with the screen space reflections. Rebooting the game or even waiting a while should solve the issue, probably it takes time for shaders to get recompiled, hence the noisey image.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, I've tinkered with the game yesterday but not actually played it very much.

First of all, Global Reflections is a GPU killer and completely destroys my OC. Temps are...okay (~74C) it's just that the frequency goes down from 2010 to 1900. Same really if I don't OC, then the stock clocks are reduced from ~1900 to 1790. On the other hand if I disable Global Reflections it takes away a lot of the realism.

Next is RayTracing, it looks great but in order to have it enabled (High) DLSS is required or the FPS cost is just far too great (sub 50fps at 3440x1440). DLSS on the other hand makes everything blurry but on the other hand it's quite blurry from the beginning so it's not that bad considering all the graphical effect that comes with the package. I just disabled the Lightning since it added so much noise to the scene.

Now I've understood that noise is a bug that goes away if the game is restarted so I'll try that.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ^ Actually if you use rtx reflections you don't need the global ones at all, so you can deactivate them. Also, volumetric lighting can be set up on medium, giving you good results and 10 fps more. This game needs to be fine tuned before playing it, specially if you use ray tracing. In any case you need to use DLSS otherwise your fps will go down. Combat scenes are also very taxing. I tried it on my 1080Ti and I must say that ray traced effects look great but I am supposed to play it @720p to get good performance overall lol.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats not how this works.

7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    How then? Global reflections basically try to reflect things when SSR don't work, i. e. objects off screen which cannot be properly reflected. If rt reflections are enabled you are going to get everything reflected, therefore you don't need approximated reflections given from the global ones.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Raytracing is "extra" it isn't being used for every single possible reflection.

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    From what I've seen it covers up pretty much every reflective surface. If not all of them, I would say the biggest part. The final result is very satisfying nontheless. :D

10. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit

Just in heavy combat 38-45fps with res 1440P and 1440P render ,no dlss,Rtx high.

With 1440P DLSS render to 960P is awesome 60-100fps

Is this playable guys for you 40+- fps in combat?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm siding with @Astyanax on this one :) I was standing in the lobby at the very beginning of the game which has this floor where there are heavy reflections if turned on. When I turned off Global and Screen Space and had RTX on High there was no reflections on the floor whatsoever. I tried this on the next floor as well when getting close to the offices - same thing. Mind you I've only tested it there so

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It is going to be really difficult to wait a year for this one.
    Specially since, sadly, the PS4 version seems to be terrible. Digital Foundries performance breakdown shows the PS4 hitting 10FPS at times, with periodic stutters, hitches and other problems.

emperorsfist likes this.
  13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Considering the price it has on the PS4, that's BAD...

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    PS4 Pro seems better, but even it can't maintain a solid 30fps. As it suffers dips occasionally, but according to the video is far more playable.
    Sadly, I only have a regular PS4.

I love Remedy, they are one of my favorite developers.
    My wife told me to just "Shut up, buy the game off of Humble Bundle's store and register the key", but I'm stubborn.

emperorsfist likes this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've played beyond 25hours by now, exclusively with ray tracing on.
    Toggling global reflection off i didn't notice any differences except a 3FPS gain overall.

My guess is that it activates some cubemap based reflections and switch between cubemap resolution given global reflection quality.
    In pratice with all RTX reflections on, i just can't see anything different while toggling it on/off.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I'm not going to bother with it, even if it's on torents xD

17. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Running 3440x1440 native res here, no DLSS, RTX - High. Thankful to have a gsync monitor lol, frame rate in the 40s

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Thanks for letting us know, Can rest easy now with this vital info.

Quoting myself from an old comment,

MerolaC likes this.
  19. Global Reflections are indeed a new semi-dynamic substitution to cube mapping and it helps (blends) with SSR. Remedy has a global lighting information stored in voxels around the scene. They trace through these voxels to create a reflection similar to ray-tracing. The difference is that these voxels are pretty big, they contain only lighting information and the final traced image is very blurry, without any fine detail. Sertopico was mostly correct about the Global Reflections. For me the biggest problem I have with this effect is that it totally tanks the performance. GR + SSR are the biggest killers and honestly if user disables GR, they should have reverted to cube-mapping + SSR and not just use SSR without any blending... really a lot of stupid decisions in this game from optimization and gameplay point of view.

Noisiv and XenthorX like this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Would love some more information on that, do you have any links?