436.15 WHQL GeForce Game Ready Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows / Thread count has nothing to do with whether numa is used or not.

a Processor is either configured as a numa node block or not, Windows just identifies these nodes once configured at the Management engine level and uses them accordingly.

I doubt venturi is entirely ignorant to the thread locking necessary to maintain performance across his multi-chip configuration.

NUMA can be reconfigured to UMA via BIOS/Firmware controls if the user so wishes.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Low Latency on Ultra with 436.15 driver no longer see micro spikes. before I had this issue on the last driver but Assassin Creed Origins run smooth with Low Latency on Ultra with no spikes on the new driver.

3. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    The kids and us play a lot of FPS. After all the family that kills together, stays together. We did the portal co-op, doom, quake 4, UT3, Borderlands, etc for multiplayer, we also play a lot of stories/single player.

big ROBOT bill and endbase like this.
  4. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Ok so I tried the Explot Protect fix, which worked PERFECTLY using the 431.70 drivers, so I tried the 436.15 drivers again, nope major hitching and stuttering when monsters load in or exploding Fire Extinguishers etc.
    Tried low latency on, ultra and off, didn't change a thing.
    Full system is a 9900k/APEX XI/32GB 3200Mhz DDR4/RTX2080ti, all games are on a 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD

Rolling back to 431.70 again..

BoxChevy likes this.

5. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    I was having bad frametime spikes in all my games until I remembered this thread https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-line-based-vs-message-signaled-based-interrupts.378044/

That utility along with ISLC completely fixed all of my stutters and frametime spikes

@ManuelG Has anyone that you know of relayed this to microsoft that most gamers need ISLC and a utility to fix message signaled based interupts? I imagine having those 2 things fixed would make your life alot easier. I had the same exact issues on my 1800x and 1080ti system as my 3600 2080ti system and those 2 programs fix them completely.

tiliarou likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres nothing to fix interrupts wise, if your system needs msi's to function properly, you need to accept or fix the source of the interrupts and move on with life.

7. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Rolling back to 431.70 fixed it for me, just tested Control for 30 minutes since rolling back, all hitching/stuttering gone.
    It's defiantly something to do with the drivers causing it.

Should of pointed out I'm using G-sync as well, but disabling it didn't change anything.

BoxChevy likes this.
  8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  9. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Nope mate, I did that from the start, been doing it since I first installed 1903, there is a huge difference between the stuttering on 2 driver versions, 436.15 causes the worst stuttering/hitching, 431.70 I get none, even with this "fix".
    I can switch drivers to 436.15 and recreate the problem instantly, I just shoot a fire extinguisher.

BoxChevy likes this.
  10. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Yea that's what that program does, if theirs nothing wrong then why did it happen on two different systems with completely different hardware of mine with fresh win10. Some people make me laugh its a 50 page thread obviously there might be a problem with using old styles of interrupts.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Who knows, maybe you used the same bad sata cable between the two, maybe a drive.

Interrupt Busy systems always have a source, and the fix is either to have less devices on interrupts or remove the cause.

12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  13. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    can this solve the stuttering in BFV as well?

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That might explain why I never saw the stuttering in Control, I simply have that feature turned off.

15. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Hey! Cyberdyne! did you completely disable it or just for the games and apps you use?

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I just disabled it.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It's ok driver, was at 436.02 before and I have to say Destiny2 plays the best with this 436.15 (@ latecy=on), smooth and fast, if not the fastest yet.

Astyanax likes this.
  18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    NVM I lied, It's on by default. No idea why I didn't get stuttering then.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    :(:(wish I had family to play games with...

well i have family but we dont do family things.... dont even do holidays

20. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    And i wish i had a family!..

@Cyberdyne haha okay! Np i override Control Flow Guard for Battlefield V stutter is there but less! maybe its just a placebo fx!