WoW Classic official announcement!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solfaur, Nov 4, 2017.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    If you don't want get logged out, just run a macro.

Did that myself in the past.

3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I never played WOW, only cause I seen one woman I worked with and she was up all night playing she even played it during work. Then another guy I worked with said "Its the CRACK" of gaming(you just cant put it down). Ever sense I said no thanks, Ive come close a few times to buying it on sale(or a version of it). From the first few posts here, just seems like former addicts posting (lol sorry!)NO OFFENSE INTENDED!!!!

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm clean since December.

I played non-stop from February 2006 untill August 2017, after that it's been on and off. Last time i played was early December last year.

The spark i had with WoW is gone.

I would probably hop on from time to time if the game was Free 2 Play, i'm just not gonna pay 15 bucks to play 30 hours a month.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Sigh, not 2 days in and already some drama with my "friends". Almost made it to 15 on Firemaw, but the queues are just too insane and now a bunch of us split to reroll on Razorgore... I'll tell you what though, I feel like I'm already burned out. I'll probably take it real slow now, since I'm so far behind that it doesn't even matter anymore.

And yes, for the ones that said WoW is like crack, it is. Especially Vanilla (and partially TBC) was for me like the best drug ever. If you are a social guy who likes living and stuff, Classic is definitely not for you. I consider myself somewhere in the middle, little to no social life, but even I am not ready to go full on crackhead, like I did in my teenage years in 2005-2008... and that's because, compared to then, I am fully aware of what I am doing now.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well, I was in the other camp 2005-2010 with Lineage II. Sleepless nights, ruined relationships, neglecting education and so on. So basically the same as WoW, but with a Korean vibe. Last year they launched their classic servers and the hype in this community was real. My friends, that have also ruined their lives with the classic, were hyped too, so we got together again, made a clan, assigned roles, etc. For the first month it was a pretty cool blast from the past while grinding and talking, waiting in queues, dealing with lag and over populated areas, NPC stealing.. But as a somewhat sane person now, I realized it was never going to be the same as those “golden” years, and wasn’t going to ruin my sleep schedule or live in general, over a ridiculous grind for the end game stuff. So I dropped it and that was that. My guess is that I was one of many and now the population consists only of the few crazy harcores left.

My point here being, that when Blizzard said that “you think you do, but you really don’t” want WoW Classic, they were kind of right. Because people will realize that those years are far gone. That they were just at the right time in the right place with the right people, when they had those amazing moments, but that time has passed. The world is different now, the people are too. Give it some time and eventually those servers will be a ghost town too. Blizzard just wasn’t going to miss that cash influx opportunity..

Solfaur likes this.
  7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Somehow a mage has made it to 58. Insane.

Also read another powerlevel streamer was sent to the hospital yesterday.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Man I've been watching some of the streams while in queue, and the appearance of these people is like IRL undead. I can't honestly understand why some people would want to do that to themselves. I need a break after 4-5 hours of playing max, and by brake I mean get off the PC for at least 30 mins - 1 hour. Tried going for 7-9 today, since I had the day off, and I started feeling a bit physically sick at the 6 hour mark, lol. These people do 24-36 hour streams in one sitting, which to me is beyond insane. And mind you, most are not even that young anymore, mid to later 30s, a heart attack or some such is way more likely now, then when they first played 15 years ago.

I can already see the news articles with people collapsing like in those Asian internet cafes... :oops:

cerebus23 and Amaze like this.
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I watched the mage for a bit. He's basically doing the normal aoe grind, but he's abusing layering to get endless spawns :D
    He'll be 60 in 2 hours I reckon.

And yeah, unless you actually have a shot at being the first in the world, you're really robbing yourself of the adventure that is Classic by leveling this way. It's made to be a slow burn. If I was one of these streamers I wouldn't wanna touch the game ever again after this process lol.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Looks like the first batch of people are already sick of WoW Classic.

What a surprise... NOT :p

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Ragnaros and Onyxia were killed last night, less than a week after launch :D

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's what years of training does on Private Servers.

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    And let's not forget MC was added early in the game when there was only 8 debuff slots and classes in general were far worse than the patch we are playing now.
    Still I thought it wouldn't happen until week 2.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Ragnaros was killed on first pull, if what I'm hearing is right.

No surprise. Any top guild would spank it.

I'm personally looking forward to AQ and Naxx. That's where it's at.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well guess now we can all relax and take it easy again, now that the nolifers got their epeen stroked again. :rolleyes:

I feel like puking even just thinking about the hours they played (probably 2-3 hours of sleep a day) and the junk food they ate for this...

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Even in the days when i raided i never lived such a life, that's just unhealthy.

They're clearly people that need to seek help.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    In the old days, 2005-2007 time-frame, I too played what was probably 10-12 hours on average a day. But it showed, my body was overall unhealthy as hell from all the sleep deprivation, lack of physical activity and loads of junk food (I weighed 130KGs before I finally quit). But I was young, my body and mind could handle the abuse. Now, I just can't. I don't know how they do it. My butt hurts from all the sitting and eyes itch, and I play a fraction they do! Oh well... like we used to say back then, "QQ dude, QQ". :p

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I had forgotten what a dire experience it was levelling a warrior in vanilla, what with the class being so gear dependant and all. Made it to level 16 or so with my missus in tow playing a mage, we had a ton of deaths under our belt by then and the going was just horribly slow. re-rolled shammy/druid combo on horde during the weekend and we've been breezing through content and reached almost the same level in a day and a half and we've only had 1 death which was self inflected involving the immortal comment of "yeah I can survive that drop... crap!"

I gotta confess, I had a bit of a downer for classic as I felt it was a case of "been there, done that" but I'm actually enjoying it, the constant juggle of small decisions I have to keep making like can I engage that mob safely or managing my funds and trying to squeeze some silver out of the AH at low levels and such.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    last time i binged a game it was 23 hours or so in mass effect 3 :p.

even when i played mmos most nights it was on about the time i got home between 7 and 9, play to 12 or 2 up at 6 for work.

especially wow because i did not play wow, i just did wow because other people were playing it :p so when i was logging it it was to be on for a raid or grind pvp.

asherions call and to a lesser extent guild wars were the games i could get so into that i could miss a nights sleep here and there. there were some dungeon disasters and corpse recoveries that took all night hard times but good times.