Intel CPUs are Still Better - Says Intel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 26, 2019.

1. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Many of us buy high-end gear, but we're the minority. Enthusiasts are stupid with money - my friend's PC is far less powerful than mine, but he spent his money far more wisely than I did (nevertheless, I'm still going to buy a 3950X on day one :p).

I would think that would be part of the process of deciding on a build. If you want to buy a faster CPU that provides better value then you would need to subtract something else. The build that you finally decide upon should be the best build you can buy for the money that still fits your needs.

Yes, and those people would need to even more cognizant of products which provide the best performance per dollar. They don't have much to spend, so they need to ensure that what they buy will be worth it.

In general, people want good value for their money - nobody wants to feel that they've overpaid for something or that they've made a bad purchasing decision.

schmidtbag likes this.
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

Supposedly if you still use Intels compiler it will choose slowest path when it comes down to AMD parts. From what I gathered they never fixed it. (I might be wrong and the did).

But if game is compiled on something else it should be closer. For example counter strike is interesting example.

3. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    yes your right , checked , where was my mind ? ;)

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I think Qualcomm will take the title from both of them real soon! I heard they are making a 50core /100 thread cpu that runs at 8ghz boost clock,Has a GPU equivalent to a Gtx 1080ti and costs $120 Dollars w a bundled Rgb cooler as well! How can you compete with something like that?

Shits gonna hit the fan real soon maybe I wasn't supposed to say anything but oh well i dnt work for a tech company so they cant do crap to me. :)

5. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I have seen No one claiming that the AMD chips are faster for gaming , everyone even the fanboys know that Intel still has the edge in gaming , why is this used as an argument to prove point , it's so annoying now. The simple truth is that Intel is better in some areas and AMD in others , and yes AMD usually gives better value for money and that matters to some customers , others don't care about that , choose whatever you want or whatever suits your needs . Choice is good have fun .

6. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Just for the sake of fairness ,
    There was a time not so long ago when Intel had dominated synthetic benchmarks too ( and not always by fair play wink ) , and the " brand enthusiasts " have been using it as a argument .
    People have short memory , only few years ago certain individuals ( still active here ) have fought anyone who claimed that the future is multicores , superpi was the benchmark of choice ....... then it was two cores are enough , and later all you will ever need is 4 cores ....bla blaa bla
    So who was right ?

xIcarus and carnivore like this.
  7. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    4 cores is all i need tops, most of the time i dont use em :D

8. Jif peanut butter is the best, according to Jif

MonstroMart, Aura89, sverek and 2 others like this.
  9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I love Jif peanut butter
    [​IMG]

:p

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Number of games where I am GPU limited and reach stable 240fps is not small. Especially in case of competitive fps games. And that's still Zen+.
    @Denial : I can tell difference between ~140 and ~235 to what I limit frame rate in fps games.
    Would not be able to tell those apart in isometric games like Path of Exile or strategy games.

Games like Warframe, Dead Island, Paladins, CS:GO reach stable 235+ fps.
    Games like Killing Floor 2 and Vermintide 2, I am GPU limited.

11. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    You get the ~5% difference with a 2080Ti on FHD. Maybe 0,01% of the 2080Ti owners use their $1100 card on FHD, wiseguy. :)
    +AMD is faster in applications hungry for multi-core and matches Intel in most single-core applications except for games. Buy what you want. :)

You are absolutely right. And the average difference in games is around 5%, which can only be measured when using the current high-end GPU on FHD, which is nonsense and not life lifelike.

carnivore and Fox2232 like this.
  12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I have 3900x AND 9900k, and I do buy what I want :)

In Battlefield V Multiplayer I got 30%+ higher fps 9900k overclocked cpu/mem VS 3900x oc cpu/mem :)

I'm not at brand fanboy, I'm a performancefanboy. ;)

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And you are playing 720p on low details or what? Maybe you are running game in DX11 to get SLI working and disable just those incompatible effects? But then from videos I have seen, frametimes are no good.
    2080Ti: https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1877/bench/BFV.png

HK-1 likes this.
  14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This isnt AM3+ days anymore. So really this argument is rather stupid.

Fox2232 likes this.
  15. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    1080p and dx 12 to get higher fps.

3900x with 2080ti was about 160-170fps in devastation map.
    9900k was about 225 fps in the same map with the same gpu :).
    :p

Sorry, but I'm just testing both systems...

Looks like the ~50% lower latency in 9900k is doing some magic in some games :)

16. [​IMG]
    gotta be crunchy though

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Peter Pan honey roasted is better. Fight me.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    i hate peanut butter, the smell makes me yak and it looks like crap.

19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I'd say it's sad to see someone attack others personally in such a manner but this has been par for the course for AMD fanboys since they beat Intel to 1ghz long ago. And its one of the reasons why I jumped ship when Core 2 was released, in addition obviously to the far superior performance. Just go look at any Intel related thread and the first page is always a contest of all the AMD fanboys of who can take the biggest dump. You just don't see that when its the other way around except on rare occasions.

So calling everyone a dumbass who doesn't agree with his own slanted view is ok with you? This isn't twitter kid. Have some respect.

Loophole35 and nizzen like this.
  20. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    I really like jam as well. Prefer strawberry.