CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wonder if this scene will be changed because of the gender thingy? I mean... it says it "does not represent the final look of the game" and the word Her and Girl are used in this gameplay slice so maybe that will be changed?

[​IMG]

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dunno the quartering reported yesterday that genders were intact, that you as a play could make a "male" and female" character, that "non binary" stuff was overblown, so who knows. the spokesprson that spoke seemed to be as clear as mud and he alleges that he spoke to people at cdpr that says genders are intact.

dunno if it makes a ton of sense to replace a ton of text and recorded pronouns to neutral at this point. games in final bug/polish or damn near it.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, I'm so glad I missed this discussion. Appalling to say the least!

DocStrangelove likes this.
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Noisiv likes this.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  6. Am I the only one here who thinks this game is visually underwhelming? I mean the character models look OK, but the environment, lighting... looks dated already.

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I think it looks realistic enough. At night or inside dark buildings it looks better than in daylight, but that's normal.
    We havent seen any weather effects yet, like dust or fog or heavy rain. Maybe in the badlands the game looks totally differrent who knows?
    It's a bit early to say it looks bland tbh, it's still work in progress and a stream hasnt the best quality.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I watched it in 4K, but the video still looked blurry. I hope that footage didn't come from the PC version.

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  10. You can spot strong temporal artifacting in some fast moving scenes. Similar to RDR2. So it's either because of strong TAA or lower res render + TAA reconstruction.

Carfax likes this.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah I agree. It doesn't look like native 4K at all for sure. Must be from a X1X developer kit, or directly from an X1X.

12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    So the Deep Dive video is 14:20 minutes? That's it? I was expecting something like last year's 48 mins video to be honest. This one is a lot more scripted and on-rails and very condensed. I'll wait a few days maybe they'll release the "full" version later.

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The best 15mins ever. :D

14. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Pawel Sasko i like this guy. He is very cool :)

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yes, you are.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Definitely gonna play as a solo first, I want terminator abilities!

DocStrangelove and KissSh0t like this.
  17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I wanted to see a well-presented lengthier video, something no one asked for nor expected to see last year. They set the bar themselves, we were (mostly) all positively surprised by what we saw. This new Deep Dive video, compared to last year's, has about 10% the "Wow!" factor in it, doesn't have the same overall atmosphere and is massively edited, cut and on-rails. When it comes to "building up hype", for me, last year's demonstration was a solid 10 out of 10 example on how to mind-frack a new audience to something you want to sell to them. This year it feels like a 4 out of 10 in execution and presentation (and length).

I'll still buy it and obviously I'm still excited for it, but the excitement I have for the game still comes about 95% from last year's video alone. They did a phenomenal job with that one.

18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't know how to put it, because I want the game to be a great success, but I wasn't impressed and did anyone pickup on the graphics and animations?

All I kept thinking about back in my head was "downgrade" and I was expecting at least 30 minutes of gameplay and roaring V8s, not clips from various scenarios.

However I'm sure they'll manage to fix any issues in the next couple of 6 months, but I had very high expectations it being CD Project Red and all.

Also why do they always have to showcase games (most of them anyways), while playing on a gamepad, it looks slow and antiquated.

-Tj- likes this.
  19. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    It's running on PC with 2080Ti and RT. Definitely upscaled, you can see the checkerboarding on the edges of everything. Objectively speaking, it does look worse than the 48 minute reveal.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    NVidia always shoots for at least a 30% performance gain with each GPU cycle. There used to be bigger jumps when AMD was more competitive, but it's been a very long time since AMD has fielded a GPU that can compete with NVidia on the high end. Lets hope AMD's next round of RDNA2 GPUs has what it takes to put NVidia back on their heels so that competition will spur on cheaper prices and faster GPU evolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.