memory stuck at max on my 5700xt

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DigitalAiz, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DigitalAiz

DigitalAiz Guest

GPU:
    xfx 5700 xt thiccII
    So i got an xfx 5700xt and memory clocks work at 1750mhz even while idling .The only work around is to drop my monitor's refresh rate @ 50hz .I use a 3440x1440 75hz monitor connected via DP 1.2.
    found out that this is an old problem ppl had on many different amd gpus.

At the same time AMD randeon settings crush like 30-50 seconds after i start using it.doesnt matter if i simply navigate through its tabs or playing with wattman settings it crushes all the same. i tried both 19.8.2 and 19.8.1 drivers.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Wait for the next driver.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah i have the same thing with my 580 using multiple monitors with a different refresh rates. I've learned to live with it sadly.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I do not think it will change this behavior. I got used to max MEM clock long time ago due to high refresh rate screen.
    Would be nice, to have bit lower idle power draw and MEM temperatures, but it is not problematic.
    Crashes should not happen. Try to test your system memory for errors.

Only GPU related reason for Radeon Settings crashing is to have full driver crash due to GPU instability. But that turns entire screen black, and reloads driver + freezes/kills Radeon Settings.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. DigitalAiz

DigitalAiz Guest

GPU:
    xfx 5700 xt thiccII
    Only the app crushes thats the weird thing .

memory test turned out to be fine, no errors. i ll try to force fan speeds and power limit with msi sfterburner so i dont have to use wattman at all

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  6. JulianBr

JulianBr Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Yes, this happens to me too. Can't use the Radeon software at all, because after 40-60 sec it freezes.. Tried 3 different drivers, no change. This is on a brand new build with RX 5700 XT and Ryzen 3800x.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If you get blinking black screens with AB, it is due to "Enable HW control and Monitoring". This blinking happens every time new settings is applied. I still use AB and RTSS, but moved most of functionalities to Wattman.

8. DigitalAiz

DigitalAiz Guest

GPU:
    xfx 5700 xt thiccII
    really annoying , almost wish i had bought the vega 64 nitro+ for a 100eu less . i mean the card works fine. constant 2ghz+ on gpu while gaming with 65C on core and high 70s low 80s hot spot temp( with aggressive fan curve) but these small things that they dont even talk about are really frustrating

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Beside some higher idle memory temps there is no real issue. Mine has been stuck for months now amd didnt do diddly squat to fix it.

10. DigitalAiz

DigitalAiz Guest

GPU:
    xfx 5700 xt thiccII
    i guess i am just worried for the longevity of the memory if it runs constantly at max