436.15 WHQL GeForce Game Ready Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    The previous driver that came out a few days ago had some pretty big performance gains for Turing, you shouldn't expect every new driver to do that @angelgraves13.

2. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    This breaks it down pretty good

3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @angelgraves13 There was genuine driver speed improvements in 5 specific games for the 20 series just a couple days ago. That video shows a 20 series card beating another GPU from AMD, in a video game that it previously lost to, thanks to that driver improvement.
    What is your agenda here? This is so bizarre. Are you upset that AMD doesn't have a GPU you can compare yours to because you got the best NVIDIA GPU?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    that's quite relatable, once you get the best you start to die inside and tell yourself, what's next?, It's the saitama dilema.

just kidding

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I guess what's next for him/you is Ampere, can't wait to spend another $1500 right lol.

6. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    What's that Freestyle filter you're talking about? I use clean drivers with gtx 1660 and no gfe. Haven't seen anything.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Part of the 436.02 driver enhancements but I think it requires GeForce Experience and then via Free Style there's now a sharpen filter that can be used. :)
    Looks like it's doing a good job too although it is also possible to just use ReShade and any other sharpen effect though with varying image results and some introduce a higher performance penalty. (Between next to nothing and then up to 10% so it can be noticeable.)

EDIT: Smart Sharp, excellent results and tons of options but if it's not configured a bit then the default settings can induce a more steep performance hit from the feature set this shader has.
    https://github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/tree/master/Shaders
    (And then there's a few others but most of these come as part of the ReShade suite and don't need to be tracked down separately.)

Not sure if anyone has dumped the NVIDIA sharpen shader yet to see what it actually is, would also be interesting to see but from what I'm reading so far it's pretty good and not too costly and that's quite optimal really. :D

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Like someone said, there is a pretty significant FPS boost in DX12 mode but the most interesting thing would be that it takes this long for the bug to get fixed.

9. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Yea what Jonas said , i have always used slimmed down drivers to but after reading about the new version off sharpening i gave it a go works good in BFV had to turn it down to 30%. When i tried the new DX12 version of Reshade it just crashes BFV
    As a side note i rolled back the driver to 436.02 same version of GFE and sharpening works again

fr3quency likes this.
  10. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    you sound like someone that's not happy with the things you already have.

11. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's not clickbait. DLSS has limited utility now. Watch the video and you'll understand.

12. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Sharpening filters apply to the whole frame/scene which usually is not what developers always want. The developers may want certain parts of a frame deliberately out of focus, similar to a painter or photographer may do.
    The only way to achieve this is through DLSS and through intelligent interpretation of a frame. Granted the algorithms are not perfect but research is continuing and improvements have already been achieved with denoising algorithms.

13. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Time Spy with 431.68 - 13400, with 436.02 - 13230, with 436.15 - 13180, but I gained some points in Superposition Benchmark. In games it's random too, some will have more fps some less..

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    In the case of that video, the utility of the sharpen filter is not to over sharpen a native image, but to counteract a softened upscaled image. Just like DLSS.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Shadow of the tombraider crashes with this driver. it also seems to crash with the previous driver according to steam forums.
    it gives a error about not having enough resources. earlier drivers seem ok.

16. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    imho

with this driver
    The volta cards I have in my rig and Titan Xp cards in my wife and kids computers - ALL have a decrease (FPS) in Vulkan titles with this driver over the 431.70 -evek with the VK 114

ROTTR and SOTTR all exhibited a drop in performance. Example 109 fps with VK and Strange Brigade on 431.70 and now 99 fps with the 436.xx driver (max settings, no DOF or Motion Blur).

Wolfenstein Colossus and Youngblood also dropped.

Game load times are longer. on UE4 totels (HellBlade, Apsulov, Echo).

So the optimizations (from the non-RTX world) seem to have a negative effect/performance decrease. Switched everyone in my house back to 431.70

17. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    I have lost all overclock capability in these last 2 newest set of drivers , had to put my card back to stock . Msi rtx 2080ti trio x gaming

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No thanks, i don't contribute Views to clickbait producers.

This is the memory leak at work, system runs out of memory and the driver hangs.

19. IronRush

IronRush Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Ultra
    Just tested Mortal Kombat 11 with the new 436.15 driver and the flickering issue is still there all over the place. The only driver we get waaaay less flickering issue is the windows insider one, 435.27 (3.6.2019). I think you guys can't take this issue from nvidia open issues.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah, same here. I can't believe it takes them so long to fix this. :(