AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.8.1 driver download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Aug 12, 2019.

1. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    In 6th post there u can see sku number and a foto with filename and part# (from advanced gpuz)
    It has Samsung 8gb memories.

If they are all the same i dont see why not.
    If u want more to be more sure put your information there and eidairaman1 will answer you.

passenger likes this.
  2. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    I had no problems with the 19.81 betas, but yesterday since installing the 19.81 WHQL I got a windows desktop manager crash/reset... the game I was playing didn't crash (was in windowed), but windows had to reset the transparency etc... the theme crashing?

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

5. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Is it actually worth it, going back to HDMI? DP is faster, but without the pixelformat option?

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Well from what people are saying here you should be able to get Pixel Format using DP. I didn't see that with DP. However, I did with HDMI. So there's a bit of ambiguity here. Is Pixel Format a feature made available with DP or not?

Another thing to consider is your video card. Can it still provide the same features in Radeon Setting using HDMI as it does with DP? For example, resolution, refresh rates, VSR, etc.

patteSatan likes this.
  7. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    I have "more" options, using HDMI, than DP, but it is just a slider for some HDMI thing, and I get another, non-changeable setting there also, but with DP, I am like opening the displaysettings in safemode, if you know what I mean, less options. Refreshrate is the same, 120, and resolution also, and I can play with VSR, but I dislike it. I have a Philips 242g screen, an old one, but works as intended.

I can't change pixelformat with DP, but with HDMI.

8. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    who knows how to switch off anti-lag mode via registry. it seems by default anti-lag mode is ON at boot. I have A4Tech mouse with Bloody software and i can see weird behavior of my mouse. I think Adrenalin software overrides Bloody software settings and it looks like it changes mouse CPI rate. If i press Alt+L either close Bloody software and then re-start it is fine. Sometimes it happend in games(espacially Far Cry Dawn). So i would prefer to switch off this function for beginning. is it possible?

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I see well this is intriguing then.
    @JonasBeckman posted a pic saying you do get the option for Pixel Format with DP. However neither of us have it

[​IMG]

I can only conclude that certain monitors are simply missing from being recognized. List so far:
    Gigabyte AD27QD
    Phillip 242g

Perhaps we need to create a list of monitors that use DP that don't have Pixel Format Support?

HiAlgoBoost can more then answer your question. However he is more active in the Anti Lag thread.

In the meantime why not just turn it off in Gaming > "Name of Game Profile" > Radeon Anti Lag: Off

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You will only get that option on a displayport monitor that includes TV formats.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I also have it on DP monitor

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  12. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I'm using latest K-Lite codec pack with included MPC-HC and MadVR renderer but ever since I got this 1440p 75hz monitor (coming from 1080p60) I've had to disable using BlueSky's Framerate Converter as the FPS drop is massive (I have to lower MadVR from NGU high to low and disable "reduce compression artifacts"). Maybe I didn't set it up properly but either way without using that I'm having no issues other than the usual jarriness of watching 24p videos on a 75hz monitor (I need help finding a solution, will probs have to make a Doom9 forum account for help).

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    75Hz might have issues with the current drivers, there's at least problems reported for the 5700 GPU models but who's to say it might not apply to other GPU's too and something that changed here in 19.8.1

EDIT: This for the 5700
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/crg2xl/rx_5700xt_refresh_rate_bugs_continued_from/

Which continued from this topic about the power consumption though part of it is per design AFAIK.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cr17x2/5700xt_horrendous_idle_power_consumption_high/

(Higher refresh rates = higher clock speeds though it might be primarily for the memory modules.)

14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Yep definitely a problem. I haven't be able to use any new drivers with RX580 on my 75Hz monitor.

15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Have you tried CRU?

300MHz idle memory clock here with a 144Hz monitor, using Display Port. 3 Pixel Formats available. VSR also.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

16. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I'm not seeing any of those issues. It could just be that going from 60hz to 75hz is just that much more demanding due to how Fluid Motion works with 75hz.

17. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380

18. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Easier to go back old working drivers and wait few weeks to get working 1