Question Regarding full screen issues ? am i the only one

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Most games lately that have worked perfectly fine no longer work correctly
    i think the issue is the latest windows insider build 18965

mostly when i try to play games exclusive full screen mode cant lock in my correct resolution
    or wont load and i just get a black screen
    also apex legends that i just installed loads up to a full white screen every time i try to play it.

im running multi monitor though i unplugged my lg tv and my 2nd monitor and only had one running but i still get the same problem...

anyone have any suggestions ? on a fix i have tried a few but nothing yet works.
    and if the suggestion is windows insider build then i guess i will need to wait for a fix...

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I guess you already tried to disable on game shortcut > Compatibility > Disable fullscreen optimizations?

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Search the internet for "disable fullscreen optimizations" because the checkbox (pointed out by spajdrik) alone is not enough.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    aye, some games are ignoring the checkbox lately.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Didn't know that :) so I checked the internet, gamebar is disabled, registry updated, is there anything else that needs to be disabled? :)

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I did only these - checkbox, gamebar, registry - and all my games do work in full exclusive screen mode.

PS Btw, I posted little helper tool for the compatibility checkbox
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/compatibility-flags-utility.417743/

PPS And on the 3rd page of that utility thread you can find links to old FSO stuff.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    None of those fixes work of me :(
    apex legends still starts up with full screen but the screen is completely WHITE :/

cant do anything and i i alt+tab i go back to desktop then i click the link again and it opens again back to full white screen > :(

8. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    yea these problems are bizarre, for me games sometimes minimize for no reason or are like stretched beyond screen limits, usually alt-tabbing or ctrl+alt+del and minimizing few times in and out of the game fixes it, get even worse with DSR than other ways apparently because def resolution for my smaller monitor is pretty low

9. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    My issue with FSO is that games like to lock themselves at 40fps, with low gpu and cpu utilization, until I alt-tab and they finally reach 60fps like they should.
    This happens only when freesync is active, alt-tabbing wouldn't bother me that much if it didn't reoccur midgame after 20-30 minutes, Monster Hunter World is the worst offender of this and boots at 40 fps every single time.
    There is also another weird issue with UE4 games, if a Windows notification is pushed while the game is in fullscreen and my mouse in game happens to click on the notification, I lose control of the mouse in game. Probably the notification pane becomes the active window.
    UE4 seems to ignore the disable fso compatibility settings on my system, even the registry tweaks won't work.