Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree with everything with you but this. Come on, rtx can only make it even better. Its alright to admit it. ;)

warlord likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    DXR is just the next step of graphics toward photorealism, as well as tesselation 10 years ago.

Video games and movie quality CGI are gonna be closer than ever, we'll get a new kind of immersive dynamic/movie game emerge and i cannot wait to experience that!

Archvile82, Kolt and warlord like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    This. Everyone is jealous of future movies and futuristic games and awaits CGI quality at real-time, responsive and smooth, but in the meantime, bashing against mid-term evolution. You cannot jump from old block 2D graphics to these visuals. DXR is a major step towards realism after Tessellation and HDR rendering. It's a necessary evil, tech cannot advance without compromises, tests, trials and errors. Step by step educating and squeezing machines and developers is required for the best possible outcome.

Archvile82, Kolt and XenthorX like this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It can probably make things look better, but I'm not a fan of how it's used in the videos we've seen.
    Just making every surface shiny and reflective just looks obnoxious and gaudy.

warlord likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    real ray tracing looks amazing as hell looks real also takes ages and tons of processing to render.

fake ray tracing looks fake and takes a good bit of processing.

why when i heard them claiming ray tracing real time my eyebrows left my skull thinking wtf? and no no fing way.

and no its not REAL ray tracing, which would look like a photograph when rendered in a 3d rendering program and take hours to do a frame nm a animated thing maybe days or weeks of processing. yoou literally have to calculate every photon of light in the image and the render engine uses the specular of the materials of the scene to determine how that photon is going to bounce off/or go through that surface and will it carry any of the hue info, will it be slowed or its trajectory skewed? beyond that it is billiard physics basically, just a crap ton more energy behind your average photon than your billard ball.

not too far off compilling maps in quake 2 back in the day i kept my old pc just for that to bake quake 2 maps i made on the thing it would take hours of it just doing that. :p.

like some have pointed out some things it fakes well indoor ambient light areas look amazing. it is outdoor areas it starts to fall apart and cut too many corners and etc to keep a playable framerate, where i looks fake to most. great for screen shots in sewers, buildings and cave areas basically.

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well you aren't mistaken, it seems like forced overwhelmingly to the masses. It is not as impressive as we thought it could be, hardware is expensive and WEAK at the same time. Nevertheless, it is a beta phase, public demo of DXR technology, assisted by gaming hardware, for the first time.

2020 is the baseline date the new era of visuals, together with new consoles and GPUs from all camps. Until the end of 2020, all are just testing grounds in our home.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    2023 ''Pervasive Ray-tracing''.

[​IMG]

warlord likes this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    So proper RT in 2023, that means 2 generations after first RT hardware enabled GPU series RTX 2XXX. That doesn't necessarily mean next generation, won't be much more playable and with less perf hit than the current one. It is an interesting thing for next RTX, which will be the larger gap, non rt gaming or rt gaming? Now we have 2 scales to weight Nvidia at the moment. AMD on the other side, will be out of their water, no much time before 2023.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I think it could look really amazing... if they toned it down.
    But, it seems like they are trying too hard to show people it's in there, so every surface is reflective and overly shiny. Which does not look realistic.

It's just a matter of opinion. And the good thing, those that dislike it... can turn it off.
    Same as with depth of field or motion blur, I pretty much always turn those off. Some people like DoF... I do not. Motion blur... is terrible no matter how it's done. So, off.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The only thing i dont like about this game is the sprinting. it looks like she could leave ursain bolt far behind lol.
    great game from what ive seen though, lots of info and things , very confusing all and cool to find out what everything does. yep, think ill grab this one this week.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Considering Sam Lake is back in the lead writers spot, I have a feeling the story on this one will be all sorts of crazy. And campy... in the best ways.
    I love his writing.
    And his absence from the writers chair in Quantum Break definitely showed.

Undying likes this.
  12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Damm watched Digital Foundry look at this game from two months ago on the RTX stuff,I am ready to play it.
    Then I looked at some of the twitch stuff today,still pumped but the hype is almost gone.

The destruction and reflections still may make this a awesome game for me,as I really enjoyed Quantum Break and this should be better.

Frack I need to make a youtube channel where I pretend to like people and maybe I could get free game keys before games are released.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    No harm in trying? xD

If not for that reason you can post random gameplay video's here on Guru3D video sharing thread :D

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Your correct no harm in trying,thanks for the 3dguru thread tip.

15. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    jbscotchman likes this.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Has anyone received a cdkey yet ?

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This makes me think about how fast they ran in Matrix - The Game :D

Nice review dude, Google translate isn't perfect but I understood most of it. Looking forward to play this game tomorrow. But do you honestly think that 45fps is playable? :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Kolt and XenthorX like this.
  19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Those are some mad good scores.
    I took the bullet, and pre-ordered the game.
    Just to support Remedy.
    No matter the store here.

20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    glad i was wrong about this game. will add it to my list, seems like
    a solid worth to play single player.

i was skeptical after QB, but now i wanna buy it and play it.

good news.