Matrix 4 officially a Go!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Clawedge, Aug 20, 2019.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Yes, would like to see live action of The Second Renaissance.

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    remember the matrix game? crashed like a mofo

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Thought the Architect, Colonel Sanders, was explaining to Neo why he was doomed to failure just like all the previous incarnations of "The One," which so happened to look exactly like him. The fact that Neo actually succeeded that time was a surprise to the Architect. The storyline was so steeped in Gnosticism, what is left to flesh out? Really, we need a new evil for the emissary, The One, to turn it from evil to good. That is the main reason why cannot understand how Neo can be involved except to be the anchor point for the ending of the new story.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    He did fail though and he kind of did what he was designed to do. He was meant to be a great big bug finding and fixing program this is what resulted in the powers of The One. He then returns to the source gets reintegrated and the Matrix gets updated with the collected bug fixes.

Neo's goal was to bring The Matrix down and free all the humans from the machines rule. In the end, he reached an agreement to free humans that wanted to be freed and then went ahead and fixed the massive corruption (bug) that was The Agent Smith program, resulting in the Matrix rebooting I would assume with fixes to prevent something like that happening again. He pretty much did exactly what he was designed to do. He still failed, he didn't free all humans he didn't over throw the machines and he ended up just being a bug fixing anomaly as the Architect said he was all along. At least looking back on it it seems that way.

I agree though their isn't really anywhere for the story to go except some obvious The Machines betrayed the deal lets finish them off this time or some daft un told twist devised specifically to give the new movies something 'deeper' to work on other than a simple The Machines betrayed the deal plot.

Clouseau and airbud7 like this.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    I can see that he did fail; the compromise with the Machines. Will have to watch the final installment again. Some reason remembering a scene with the Oracle and the Architect going over their score card with the Architect agreeing that this time The One actually succeeded where the others failed. Something like ok, you finally came out on top for once.

Curiosity is going. Actually want to see where they are going to take this. Just do not want to end up like the proverbial cat.

The Laughing Ma likes this.
  6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah it's been a while since I saw the movies so can't remember the finer details, thinking on it I am not sure if it was Neo who agreed to humans wanting to leave being allowed to leave or The Oracle just chin wagging about it at the end with Colonel Sanders.

My main worry is this is WB (Warner Brothers) trying to stir up anything that might make them money. Their DCEU is all but dead, Harry Potter is long gone and it looks like the Intresting Beasts movies aren't doing as well as they want. Their Dark Universe (I think that's the one, The Mummy with Tom Cruise last year was meant to be the kick off to that EU) is dead as well.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    IF this turns out to be true, and Keanu Reeves is actually in it, chances for it to fail are slim. The man has reinvented himself (or better said people rediscovered him) through the John Wick movies, and now to come back to his initial most-iconic role will be a treat. I mean sure, the writers and stuff that's independent of the actors can still screw up, but either way, I'm pretty hyped for this (again, if true).

Deleted member 213629 and signex like this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Blame the developer for that. I still blame them for not having a memory save function in Earthworm Jim on the Sega, meanign the entire game had to be played from beginning to end in one sitting. Cheapass ****ers

9. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Agent smith is THE ONE in the matrix..........And Keanu's most famous role was Bill n Ted's excellent adventure. that said I love the MATRIX it has you!

10. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I really loved that first movie, right up to the "I love you" moment. That killed the entire franchise for me, and it was nothing but popcorn action thereafter. I enjoyed the second movie as a pure action movie (the highway scene was pretty cool), and it was an interesting step forward for special effects.

Really, the only big of it that had a decent story was a few pieces of the Animatrix.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Actually he did, when it comes to big hollywood movies.

Source: https://www.indiewire.com/2014/10/k...ng-more-offers-from-hollywood-it-sucks-68883/

12. My Mother called me talking about this; I literally thought she was joking. I can see she wasn’t. Part of me wants to be a cynic and wish she was. The rest of me wants them to pull this off and take us back to the quality of story and production of the original Matrix.I’d have thought Keanu was too out of this element by now but then he was in some of the best three action films ever done from a casting, directing & choreography perspective: The John Wick franchise. So what the Hell.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not sure I this a good thing or bad thing, I didnt perticually like Keanu Reeves in this was interesting movie for the time though

john wick is one of his best work. rest was meh I did like bill and ted (franchise) growing up

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I am wondering what they plan to do with the SFX. Each of the Matrix movies did something to push SFX. The first one gave us bullet time, the second one gave us the multi Smith fight (which has aged badly) and the Highway chase and the third one gave us the battle of Zion, all of them were pushing SFX boundaries in some way or another so I am wondering what they plan to do with the fourth one. Is their anything they can do?

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  15. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Smell-o-vision

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

16. This

EDIT: It’s a difficult time to “raise the bar” without crossing the uncanny valley. Example, Alita: Battle Angle

I kept feeling like I was getting pulled out of the movie at certain moments watching that, although I did enjoy the film.

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I am praying they deliver on this one. I believe they can make it unique, but it will depend on the mood and taste of the movie. I know this might be a stretch, but take John Wick for example. The first was good, second not so much, but for me the third really delivered on the gunplay, very much so for me.

So let's hope the 4th installment of the Matrix will live up to the first movies standards which has become a classic in the action movie world.

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Just read on IMDB - KR will be 55 when shooting begins and CM will be 52.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    KR looks like he is in his 30's so hes the one. ;)

Solfaur likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Nobody remembers that since it was probably the worst movie IP adaption to a game ever done since E.T. (which I haven't played).
    Even if it didn't crash, it was utter rubbish.

insp1re2600 likes this.