Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    People say it doesn't work with 1903.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It works, but theres some problems getting it enabled because of the gamma and color banding issues mentioned on the 1903 Dashboard.

3. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Lol no, I got that from another post hahaha. I was just randomly watching the forums xD.

4. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019

5. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Just like with AMD's Anti-Lag, yes, there is a chance of more stuttering in some situations. Ultra mode is meant for applications that have a very high FPS and require instant latency.

Its important to note nVidia's version is still considered BETA feature and compared to AMD, it is better: https://www.techradar.com/news/nvid...e-for-gpus-beats-amds-radeon-anti-lag-feature

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    the article does not say it is better, it says they are comparable to each other. In fact it says:

"With Radeon Anti-Lag, AMD claimed an improvement in response times of up to 31%, which would seem to roughly correlate (on average) with the benchmarks Nvidia provided here, although in the more extreme cases, Nvidia is claiming over 50% victories. So that makes it seem like Nvidia could possibly just have the edge here, although further (more direct) testing would be needed to fully draw that conclusion, of course."

No giving props to NVIDIA if they are undeserved. :)

Liam Onestone likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    "While Nvidia previously claimed it had its own anti-lag system for years, it’s now released a new, improved version that’s more in line with what AMD offers. Only better, according to its own benchmarks."

"First-party benchmarks need to always be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism"

And even that article pointed out that the results are from NVIDIA themselves, and that further 3rd party testing is needed.

pharma likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, so lets wait on the noobtubers to do their thing or see if Hilbert does a comprehensive review.

pharma likes this.
  10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I see. I'm not normally using HDR, so I never noticed these things not being fixed. But the flickering/artifacting without HDR at 3840x2160 resolution is gone with the 435.27 drivers on various computers I tested, while it's present in other drivers including the latest 436.02.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It was said here that new Latency feature doesn`t work with DX12.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not only that but BF V reset driver settings everytime you launch the game. Yeah i know there is a workaround for that but you can't change anything in NVCP after that.

14. uggis007

uggis007 Guest

GPU:
    2x2080ti
    Is the dx12 now working on the division 2 on this new magnificent driver? Does anybody know?

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Try setting it to global if that doesn't have negitiveeffects on other game.
    I get in console with " RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" -1 which AFAIK means NVCP is being used.
    I used to run RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 in user.cfg but that only works one seesion/game, next game and reverts to -1.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was look at this new setting for low latancy mode or what ever it called and in the image it look like the remove the pre render setting? what about the thread optimize? did the remove those 2 and combine them like i been hearing

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    EDIT.: wrong thread, pls remove

18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Thread optimize is still there, pre-render frames have been replaced with low latency mode.

19. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    No problems here. But i now prefer dx11 because my nvcp iq settings are applied, while dx12 is a feast of "optimizations" (might explain the performance gap), also TD2 is one of the game where the new Ultra latency settings is giving the best results on my rig.
    Did you use DDU to make a clean install? If not do that and you will probably solve. Had some problem in the past if new drivers were installed over old ones and i'm now used to use DDU at each driver swap.

20. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    So, low latency mode on in global or not?