Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    That game is CPU bound. Games that work best for the Ultra Low Latency Mode are games that are GPU bound (really high GPU usage and high FPS).

intrud3r, Kolt and Smough like this.
  2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you very much. This is very helpful. I'll say if I can raise priority on this.

We fixed the Forza Motosport 7 corruption issue and will be in the next driver. If I have any updates on MK11 I'll add it to the top issues thread on the main driver feedback thread on our forums.

3. Ghanja

Ghanja Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ventus
    Unfortunately Division 2 does not work in DX12 (runs better than DX11) with these drivers (won't start). Since that is my "prime game" I had to go back to the old ones ... :-(

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hey, the D0 920 definitely overclocked better than the C1 XD

Yes, barely, though i never owned one.
    I went right from a Pentium MMX to K7

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I wonder, why is it that the 435.27 preview drivers from Windows update fix the flickering/artefacting problems in MK11 (even in Windows 10 1903) which no other version fixes? Wouldn't it be possible to check what the different is with those drivers compared to all others and then port the fix it over to the latest official release drivers?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It minimizes them, doesn't fix them. its the games implementation of nvidia specific hdr that need to be fixed, good that nvidia is working with them on it.

7. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    About that 30-bit stuff... how is that supposed to work? Does it actually work, or was NVidia intending to, but messed it up for this release?

I have two XB271HUs from Acer, and per specs they support 10-bit per channel (even tho it's 8-bit+FRC, but better than nothing). In NVCP, I can only choose 8-bit mode. GPU-Z says the displays only supports 8-bit, not 10-bit. They're on a 2070S via DP.

So, who's wrong? Because 30-bit in OpenGL means nothing, if the card doesn't recognize the displays as 30-bit and cuts the bit depth on output.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Metro Exodus crash to desktop wen using DX12 mode en GFE overlay for sharpening.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Make sure you have enough bandwidth to allow 10 bit modes to be exposed.
    When using RGB or ycbcr 4:4:4 at UHD res (or lower res with proportionally higher refresh) you wont see them with HDMI 2.0x
    Change to ycbcr 4:2:2 or use a lower res.
    If the display supports more than 8 bits/pixel, the modes should become available.

They wont be much use though unless your display supports HDR.
    More bits/colour reduces banding but you will hardly ever see it on 8 bit content unless the display itself has economic processing.

My HDMI 2.0 AVR lets 10 and 12bit modes be used and my HDR TV allows 10bit.

edit
    I missed you are using DP.
    It has DP 1.4 so there should be no restriction.
    But just in case, give the above a try. There may be a bug.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  10. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    30-bit OpenGL has practically zero value for consumers anyway, its mostly a "Pro" thing, and Direct3D could use 10-bit for years now.

In any case, non-HDR gaming monitors will very rarely accept a 10-bit input signal, even if they have a 10-bit panel. That doesn't mean the 10-bit panel is wasted (even less so if its only 8+FRC), since monitors do their own color correction, which allows them to do this in higher quality.
    This driver wouldn't change anything with that. Either it accepted 10-bit before already, or it still won't now, because as said 10-bit isn't "new", its only new for OpenGL, which is meaningless for gamers.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    If he sets 120hz, he can get RGB/444 at 1440p120 on hdmi (15.93gbs)

not sure if its driver or windows itself, but theres an overhead for using 422 and 420 that makes DWM use lots of gpu when moving the mouse that doesn't turn up on 444 and RGB.

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I covered that, confused.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yeah, my bad.

14. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Apparently, Astianax is Sora, the troll/mod from the nVidia forums that helped absolutely no one ever and was only capable of giving aggressive-condescendant answers and call out anything outside his small mind box "lies" or "nonsense", pretended to know it all and apparently has a computer that ever has errors or issues. So if someone in here can't explain why he is like that, well, there you have it.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-74#post-5595112

-Tj- likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This guy literally got offended by

And then proved the point when he tried it again and had no issues the second time.

This is literally the actions of a Reeeesetera member. jesus, whatever.:rolleyes:

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I think Smough is on a mission. :)

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Anyway, enough off topic - reseterans don't need attention.

Has anyone had any framerate issues with these drivers, theres some people reporting even with the low latency stuff off that framerates are all over the place, and a few of them have mentioned their GPU clocks are only going from Idle to 1350!?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That explains everything. xD

19. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Digging some more into this 10-bit thing, it's the GSync module that doesn't do it. If you have the FreeSync version of the display, you can actually feed it 10-bit. I guess that's that.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The biggest thing you can do to make a visual difference is to use the temporal dithering registry trick that was found a while back, it does give some people headaches but for those who absolutely hate banding, it clears that up.