Review: Corsair K57 RGB Wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Corsair has been going strong with their Slipstream based products, next to that another new technology they introduced was Capellix LED technology. Both now have been embedded in the new K57 RGB Wire...

Review: Corsair K57 RGB Wireless keyboard

HawaiianBrian likes this.
  2. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    make a 10 keyless version plz :)

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Membrane, cheap laser-etched ABS that will be"wiped" out and ruined after a couple of months of usage. Non-standard mounting, which means you can't use 3rd party keys. And on top of all that it's massive and wireless.

And all that "glory" for 100 euro.

4. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI

5. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Wiped out?

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Laser-etched ABS letters can get 'washed out' over the years do to usage and wear. Not months.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    I don't know how they were made or if they are similar or not, but the S and the D keys on my Logitech G710 were completely unrecognizable within 2 months of getting the keyboard. I love the keyboard, but there is no excuse for that type of wear that fast. I am very disappointed in Logitech on that point.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Friends keyboard - 7 months of heavy usage
    [​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    ^ Above is not happening on my Creative Vanguard K08 at all.

10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Actually, as I saw this review, suddenly my LG OLED c8 appeared as a good for gaming monitor...this plus mice, like logitech 903 and bum, can play WOT, or even some FPS on it, while sitting/laying on my bed(screen is in front of it)

THX for review and IDEA Hilbert :)

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This looks like a wireless version of the K55. If the same key caps are used on this K57 as are used on the K55, they will hold up just fine. My K55, after 8 months, still looks the same as it did the day I unboxed it.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    w,s,a,d are gone lol....you sir are a true pc gamer!....

cryohellinc likes this.
  13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I did some reading on this particular version. It uses thin double-shot ABS, so caps will be fine for a very long time as they are made from two layers of plastic, one black and the other one transparent. Initially, I thought they were laser etched.

The picture I gave is a typical example of mainstream boards with even cheaper laser-etched ABS keycaps.

Still, this type of plastic will shine over time, hence why I prefer thick PBT keycaps.

Regardless, would stay away from this keyboard as from wildfire.

14. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    OK , is no one mentioning that the keyboard in pic it's not a corsair !? At least it does not look for me like a corsair kb

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The only keyboard pictures I see in the article, all look very similar to my Corsair K55.....

Based on my experience with the K55..... The keycaps are really the best part of the entire keyboard.

I'm considering replacing my K55 RGB and M65 RGB Elite with Logitech G502 Hero mouse and G213 Prodigy keyboard. Both my K55 and M65 seem to randomly miss switch activations.

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Manufacturers need to stop charging £150+ for keyboards with sh1tty ABS keycaps. Simple.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    prices for keyboards and mice just need to come back to a sane level, period.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    They already have, it's just that the Logitech's, Corsair's, and worse, Razer's and the like are out of their f'n minds.
    I mean, come on, this Redragon K555 Mechanical is 3 times the keyboard for less than half the price. And there are some for even less than this if you don't care about wrist rest, 10 keyless, etc.

I bought myself two of these $35 mechanicals but in white only backlight, and they have been extremely good. Double shot caps and all.

Nope! Only a few months. Every Logitech ($76+) I ever owned did this. Within about 6-8 months, even the 'position bumbs' on the F and J keys were smooth gone. After 3 years now, my $35 mechanicals double-shot key caps still look exactly like they did the day I got them.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019