Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Yiğit

Yiğit Guest

GPU:
    1070TI / 8 GB
    Should I update my 1070TI for that? That's worth it?

2. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  3. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    DLSS output resolution
    2560, 1440
    1920, 1080

on old drivers you have output resolution to 1440p and on new one you have 1080p

endbase likes this.
  4. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Thx for clearing that up I did not noticed I thought wtf run it again on same resolution and see thx alot

Ps this make's more sense indeed https://www.3dmark.com/compare/nd/52544/nd/56234

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019

5. MPires

MPires Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX970 4G
    No issues here (RTX 2070) with the new drivers. Also, no gains, at least I saw.
    A litle slower results in Heaven and passmark benchs. I didn't notice any VR improvements.

6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Same here with all the test's I did and in the games I play

7. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    What can be the problem with Nvidia CPL? It simply doesnt run at all - no error, or smth. Standart version of driver, non-DCH.
    Also, seems Nvidia Profile Inspector doesnt work too, but atleast here i have some error.
    [​IMG]

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    kill the displaycontainer services and let them restart.
    delete the programdata\nvidia corporation\drs folder and reinstall driver.

I have an idea on whats going on with that users case,

it involves the windows desktop b eing set to 10 bit and the game being set to borderless fullscreen.

DWM performance goes to crap with 10bit mode since it doesn't support alpha which is used in various parts of the explorer shell, and im guessing alpha is being emulated which raises cpu utilisation and bugs out the display driver.

the desktop should be left at 8bit and applications left to change this at their own need.

9. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Didnt help =(
    I dont have this folder.
    Did it again, same story.

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Eh, I was thinking of installing this driver, even downloaded it already.....but, after reading through some of the posts here, I think I'll give it a pass for now.

11. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Lol they held back integer scaling? Because making 1 pixel 2x2 is hard or something?

Ngreedia at it again.

12. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I don't wanna be mean, but could it be that your GPU is a bit too old? The driver installed butter smooth on my end and I am still on Windows 1803.

13. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Depends. Try it for a while at different games, write down stutters and fps drops, then compare to previous driver. Keep the most stable one?

14. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    Had issues intalling theese drivers. In first 2 attempts i could not set dolby atmos through hdmi on denon 4300h. Finally 3rd time was fine. Never happened before.Forced to install gf experience here too.

15. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Well, all previous versions worked fine, even this beta 435.7 for windows insider. And overall driver works just fine, the only problems - CPL and NV Inspector.

16. ktg523

ktg523 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GT730
    Maybe it needs a Dot Net or Visual C runtime update or something.
    Are there any error messages in the EventLog?

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    15 years is a pretty long time to have the same UI, which for the most part with Nvidia's drivers is rather slow when opening certain tabs, and applying settings. I am not asking for a total complete redesign just make it a little more modern, add new features too.

Why does someone else's opinion seem to have triggered you so much? Every single company that makes software eventually overhauls their UI, and not always to just be more "hipster" and "modern" but to be more functional, quicker, more intuitive, increase feature sets, etc, etc.

If all goes to plan I can see Nvidia eventually merging their control panel into GFE and that becoming the new UI, which isn't bad but the need for a forced login might trigger some people, but I can see this happening.

Maybe they could add in RTX features to the control panel..... get those icon, letter, and cursor shadows to really "pop".... will give those RTX card owners something to actually play with :p

fry178, Smough and AsiJu like this.
  18. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    Latest VC++ redists, same for .NET. And the only errors related to problem from EventLog - related to Nvidia Inspector, but its obvious. And nothing about CPL. I started to think to install DCH version cause seems CPL there same in terms of functions. Maybe it will be the solution for me.

19. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It definitely has less of an effect. The Ultra Low Latency mode in the control panel might save a frame or two of latency, so if you're at 120 fps then 1 frame of latency is (1/120 = 0.008 = 8ms), so you're saving 8ms of latency, if you were previously rendering 2 frames before displaying then this new option would double the latency saving to 16ms. If you're at 180fps like me, then (1/180 = 0.005 = 5ms), so you're only saving 5-10ms of latency with the new Ultra Low Latency mode activated (depending on how many rendered frames you were queuing 1 or 2 frames previously). Yes, so higher you go up the fps scale then the less of an impact this Ultra Low Latency mode will have.

20. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Well, here's my experience with this driver: It has been great, frametimes across the board at all games are very smooth and stable, 16.6 ms almost all of the time on any game. Witcher 3 that was unplayable for me at Fullscreen with horrendous frametimes and crazy CPU usage, now stays at 60fps@16.6ms steady almost all of the time with normal CPU usage without Rivatuner and without me needing to touch the "max pre-rendered frames" thing. Basically, it made the game as if I was using Rivatuner, but way more stable since RTSS does give my issues at this game I have no idea what these drivers do or what came up with them, but from what I can tell, it's good stuff. Nvidia changed the internal composition of the driver or that's what seems like.

It also made R6S ultra smooth and fast with the Ultra low latency setting at 75 HZ with also perfect frametimes, so far this is the only game that I've tried with this new feature. For the rest of games I have the Low Latency mode to off (I know it's not new per-sé, but still it's nice to see Nvidia trying to change something after a long time).

By the way, don't set the Message Signaled Interrupts thing with this driver (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-line-based-vs-message-signaled-based-interrupts.378044/), I did it and I experienced the most disturbing stutter ever, then I decided to disable it from the Registry and everything got super smooth again. It wasn't enabled by default on my GPU drivers anyway, but I had it set like that with the previous drivers and I didn't experience any issues until now, which means these new drivers are made differently.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    pharma and Robbo9999 like this.