Is NVIDIA working on a Geforce RTX 2080 Ti Super after all?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2019.

1. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    People keep talking about $1400 to $1600 gpu's and I'm sitting over her with a $999 2080ti that hits 2.1ghz out of the box just slapping all the power sliders to max. (On Water)

Why would anyone waste their money on these overpriced gpu's that still can't hit what my reference does without batting an eye. I haven't even touched manual over clocking just invest that extra money in watercooling and stick to the reference cards.

I spent less and get more performance than almost every other top tier aftermarket card and that's out of the box before things like manual oc or bios swap I could do as well.

2. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Chances are if this is in the work, then price wise it would most likely be around the current one. maybe a tad cheaper. personally unless it dropped below the 1K mark it just sucks at price per performance.

Still with nothing on AMD side, they could easily make another card on similar chips with better yields just as a more of a stop gap between the 12XX or 30XX whatever they will call it

3. ErikSwan

ErikSwan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hi guys - I was searching for "T10-8" on Google, and I found this post on the NVIDIA GeForce NOW forums:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-for-pc/22/310306/us-west-2-seems-to-have-the-new-rtx-hardware-runni/

That lead to this Nvidia announcement from 2 days ago that they have begun their rollout of RTX servers on the GeForce NOW service:
    https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/08/19/geforce-now-pc-gaming/

The Nvidia forum posts seem to imply that games which show the name of the GPU are showing "RTX T10-8" on the new RTX servers. Could this just be a new Tesla card that Nvidia has only launched internally for now?

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Please reiterate:
    - what model and make was your card at time of purchase
    - what cooling you are using now
    - what's price of given cooling solution
    - what's total price you paid to have given card + cooling setup

Outside of that I can agree that home made mod can make for better card than AIB's cheaper. Mine with Accelero did cost less than cheapest AIB's that have custom cooling. But it is not good advice for most people. Good advice for most is to play safe and buy card to which person does not have to do modifications.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While generally true (running ref board + waterblock here as well), it's not like you do yourself a huge favour. Unless you already have a custom loop running you'd have to set up one, and even then you'd have to buy a waterblock (about 100$), plus a bit more for fittings and longer tubing, along with a bigger rad...

And let's be honest, putting watercooling into their PC is by itself a paradox thing on first sight, can kill your PC if you're unlucky, requires more difficult maintenance under some circumstances etc. etc.

That said, doing the same, ref card + waterblock. Worked like a charm with 1080TI and now is fine with 2080TI as well.

as for Fox: he probably got that single 2080TI that dipped below 1k$, I guess. Can't remember which one it was but with an unlimited BIOS he might just so hit those clocks with a flash and sliders. Cooling sollution costs something between 100 and 150 I guess.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    As i stated before, the T10-8 is not a 2080ti super, it is a Tesla T10

[​IMG]

The GT200b Tesla T10 is not compatible with Drivers newer than R340.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    typical click bait guru3d article as usual

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Don't lay this on Hilbert, many sites were was running with it well before Guru3D reposted.

Anyway, from what the original poster of that image said, "his friend" was messing around with some ofthe new systems for the GFN EU deployment, and thats how this screenshot came about.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Why are you here if you're gonna post crap posts?

Big oof moment for you right there.

Caesar, Aura89 and airbud7 like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    [LATEST]:

This is for Nvidia's GeForce Now streaming service. The RTX T10-8 is the GPU referenced in the application when you’re running games on an RTX-powered GFN server. Nvidia has taken those RTX T10-8 servers down for the time being as forum members are reporting that they’re only seeing the older Tesla P40 GPUs now.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Funfact: The reason why the Windows 7 drivers can still run RTX boards on Windows 8 with WDDM 1.3 features available is because the GFN servers are all server 2012 r2 based

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This is grand ^^ Still have my hopes up for a release early next year.

13. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    very strange , I dont believe Nvidia will release a such card when the presentation of the next generation will happen in few months.

14. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    1500€ and 5% faster then normal 2080ti.

15. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    I think Jensen Huang is losing sleep over the RDNA 2.0 :D

https://i.**********/PxzztDr0/hqdefault.jpg

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Don't like the website?, don't be here. Problem solved.

fantaskarsef and insp1re2600 like this.
  17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This is coming before 2020 i think.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I would be shocked if a Ti Super is released without it being in response to something AMD may have to rival the regular Ti.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Rumor says it will be cheaper than the 2080Ti.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You'd have to be an idiot to buy this, with the 3000 series coming in half a year...