Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    ManuelGuzmanNV

NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting, causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to install it. We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting to download. If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or Remove programs’. We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted soon.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

make your own control panel.

3. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Smough, Darren Hodgson and toasty like this.
  4. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC

5. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    ManuelGuzmanNV
    1h
    NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting, causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to install it. We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting to download. If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or Remove programs’. We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted soon.

This is from Nvidia.

yasamoka likes this.
  6. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    can someone explain me whats the difference between this and whql?

7. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
  8. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Anyone feel like hacking Integer Scaling into Pascal? I am not buying their "Hardware Support" tale. Sounds fishy and made up to sell RTX and GTX16 Series cards.

Smough and Darren Hodgson like this.
  9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Don't you think if that could be done, someone probably would have already? Not everything is always a conspiracy. You do realize, Intel also announced that only their new GPUs (Gen11+) will support the feature.

AMD has been silent on supporting the feature. So who knows what they will do.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

10. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    You act like GPUs don't already have scalers built in since the dawn of GPUs.

Smough and Darren Hodgson like this.
  11. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    That isn't what I said.

nVidia stated prior to releasing support in this driver there were technical things they needed to figure out. One can assume that was something they were only able to solve with Turing, which has features that prior cards simply do not have.

12. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    dont assume anything - sounds like a lie to me...

13. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Guys, Integer Scaling is a very specific option. And most people don't have 4k monitors. Most people who buy these GPUs would not even know where to go to turn it on let alone know what it does. Do you seriously think this is a feature that sells GPUs? I mean it has not been there forever. This for a select audience that nVidia are just trying to please - it doesn't sell GPUs. There is no conspiracy.

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    HOLY—
    Oh...

Is the new Sharpening filter similar to AMD CAS or it's something else entirely?

AsiJu likes this.

15. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    they seem to be slow fixing this. still 404.

i might just install the fracker and delete GFE.

16. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Turing+ Integer Scaling exclusivity will likely be because they only added dedicated integer units and with them a concurrent integer datapath alongside the floating point one with Turing. On nVidia's original Turing architecture deep dive article they state in relation to integer instructions:
    In previous generations, executing these instructions would have blocked floating-point instructions from issuing.

So in a use case like this it would have to constantly context switch after each frame which had delays and some cache flushes on older nVidia archs, it's also possible they could use the Fused-Multiply-Add matrix instructions through the Tensor cores for an optimized k-nearest neighbour algorithm but that wouldn't be a requirement and would break GTX Turing compatibility

Kolt likes this.
  17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Tried out that new NVidia driver. The same or slightly lower 3DMark & Timespy results. Tried in BF1 with Ultra Low Latency selected in NVidia driver - didn't actively notice any reduction in latency, but think I saw some slightly lower framerates in some places and perhaps a bit more stutter, I didn't play any better with it selected (but hard to tell because each lobby is different with different players). I think I'm gonna put the Latency settings back to default in the NVidia driver and wait for some official sites to do a latency and framerate analysis of this new driver/feature, because it seems that we might lose smoothness and framerate by activating the Ultra Low Latency option.

(I'm already at 180 fps in BF1, so perhaps at that framerate there's not much reduction in latency to be had anyway by this new Ultra Low Latency option in the NVidia Control Panel.)

EDIT: some further testing comparing Ultra Low Latency vs "Normal". In BF1 I ran around the same empty server comparing frame rate drops and there was no difference between the two, it was also just as smooth. I chose a map where it would occasionally drop below my 177fps limit that I've set so I could see if the dips happened more often when Ultra Low Latency was set. So that's a positive, looks like my earlier impressions might have been a bit too subjective. Also maybe slightly more crisp response from mouse movement with Ultra Low Latency selected.

Also tested in Far Cry 5 in the benchmark, Ultra Low Latency setting didn't reduce framerate on that benchmark either.

Looks like Ultra Low Latency is a keeper for now, will see how it goes with any further gaming I do.

Smough likes this.
  18. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    its already been done in software by other programs
    vendor made solution would be universal one that would work better and with more games thou

19. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    Integer scaling has literally nothing to do with integer operations. Like, zero.