Is the 3900X actually in stock anywhere in UK/Europe??

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by geogan, Aug 1, 2019.

1. hamltnblue

hamltnblue Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  2. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I got my 3900X delivered from CCL a few days ago together with Crosshair VIII... I had awful trouble for a few days trying to get it to work... turns out the motherboard/CPU was incompatible with my old 800W PSU for some reason (even though that works perfectly with my old Rampage II board). I got a new 750W EVGA SuperNOVA G3 yesterday and the new CPU/board is working perfectly so far with that. I couldn't believe one 8pin CPU power is different than another, but it appears they are... must be to do with single rail vs multiple rail PSUs... only thing I can think of... and that the old one couldn't supply enough current or something. Very strange. But anyway new 3900X up and running for now :D

Jackalito likes this.
  3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Any idea who has these, im hanging on waiting for Amazon as its £499 but they obviously dont have any.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Where I bought it last week in CCL is now out of stock too... I just checked for you.

5. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
  6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I've read in the local forums in my neck of the woods that stock of the 3900X do come weekly, or fortnightly at worst. If you wanna score one, best go to the local tech mall and register your interest with some of the shops that do stock up. When the 3900X stock is available, they'll call you up and you can go pick it up.....I dunno if a small deposit is required by the shops, but I'd not be surprised if it is.

7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Not an option for me for a number of reasons. Im UK based for logistics but live overseas so stuff like this i buy and have delivered to my UK address#, then fly back for a short holiday, pick up kit then back overseas.

8. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Buy HX1200I next time, you wont be sorry and it drops in price during sales like a bomb, i got it for price of normal PSU.
    It a Single Rail AND Multi rail [controllable trough software]
    Full monitoring, shows how much Watts used [main reason i got it to see power usage during gaming and benching], temps, load, full fan control, and tons of otehr stats

9. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yeah now you mention it, there isn't any software control or interface at all for the SuperNOVA.. didn't think of that. Yes I noticed the large PSUs 1000W+ were same price or cheaper than the 500-800W models these days. I think that's because people are not buying them any more as power is used less with modern efficient CPUs/GPUs and there is the requirement to not be only using less than 30% of full power for the power efficiency ratings of PSU (eg 80 PLUS GOLD). I basically didn't go for a 1200W like I would have years ago because I reckoned the machine would normally be only using less than 250W so not the most efficient PSU to use in this case. But yes I would have liked software monitoring :oops:

10. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    The higher the PSU rating, the better is the efficiency = less power used
    Best efficiency is at 50% rated power

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive got a Seasonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850W for this build

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Seriously considering canceling and going with a 3800X, whats the difference in OCs people are getting, any ideas?

13. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yes, which is why not as many uses 1200W as much these days... like I said,.... most popular is 500-800W PSUs exactly because peoples PCs normally use half that ie. 250W-400W average.

14. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    3800X is just an overpriced 3700X from what reviewers are saying... very little difference in performance between them. Better off getting 3700X in this case.

anticupidon and Webhiker like this.
  15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I didn't get into PC building and modding because of the economics ha ha ha ha, im not sure any of us do.
    My Amazon account is now saying 3900X expected 25th August, so just a month late ;)

16. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    You think thats bad, Scan PCs, out of 12 Coffee Lake i3 and Pentium models only 1 is in stock. Some of the i3 CL refresh havnt been in stock they launched and thats gotta be 5 months at least.
    I feel like having a moan at Scan and asking them whats the point. :mad:

17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I had an email from Amazon saying they are still awaiting delivery, maybe the fires are having an effect on deliveries.

18. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
  19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    £499 on Amazon, £589 on Aria, its ok il wait thanks ha ha ha

20. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU: